The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Zome

Home Forums Lounge Zome

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

:laugh:

Dear Zome

I just booked our Cheltenham tickets and seem to be having a small fit at the greatness of it all.

How did ‘popping over for Champion Chase day’ turn into this full on lecture-bunking holiday?

Yours<br>Zoz

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Dear Zoz,<br>Bunking off lectures is a small price to pay for us in such circumstances.  Cheltenham should clearly be a National holiday, to avoid such incidents, and student failing occurances.  So we only have the government to blame.

Yours sincerly, and drunk.

Zome:cool:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

:laugh:

You speak the truth, Miss Zome.

It should be a national holiday.

And frankly, when up against three days at the Festival and a day of us being reunited in our insane friendship, me seeing the second parents and Trine and Spind and all the rest of it, who needs a degree anyway?

Sod it :biggrin:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5646

<br> Did someone notice a wind

or

Is this what Diana Ross called<br> A happening ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Zome for Queen!

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Zome

Today I was watching the music channels on tv and came across one that shows old music video type thingymewhatsits.

Unfortunately, PJ and Duncan were on it at the time.

I nearly died of laughter.

And then felt a bit ill.

Is there any way we can remind the public what Ant and Dec inflicted on us, so as to make them go away, without actually dying of laughter?

Yours

Zoz

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Dear Zoz

To all forumites who attend Cheltenham, i pledge to perform to you all ‘LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE’ next to the gold cup pre parade of runners, so we can once again realise the terror that was PJ and Duncan.<br>Infact, after this, they might seem not as bad.

YES.  AND ZOME FOR QUEEN!

<br>:cool:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Oh God….

….the mental image is enough to push me to the point of a heart attack….

….must stop laughing…..

….okay…..calm…..

You idiot.

:biggrin:

zome
    • Total Posts 232

…dressed as toad of toad hall, of course.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Dear Zome.<br>                  I’m shortly to be moving out of my parents for the fourth time in four years.  How do I used the iron?  I have a feeling this could be quite important in future.  How do I find the everlasting pint?

Best Regards

Martin

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Dear Zome,

my horse is running at Stratford tomorrow, but I can’t be there (boo!!!); I’m worried that he’ll feel rejected and as a result may jump a little bit stickily early on, lose touch under apparently tender handling before staying on very late for a remote 5th place. How can I avoid the above scenario (and with it a surprisingly lenient handicap mark)?

Yours,

Rory.

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Dear Martin,<br>How to use an iron?  I’m afraid you’re asking the wrong woman.  <br>Beer… ah yes, something i am particuarly educated in.  The everlasting pint is a mystery formed over years by the beer lover.  Some say this myth, is purely just that – a myth, but i say, after drinking approximately 27 pints, the 28th will seem exactly like… the ever lasting pint.

<br>Rory,

I shall be at Stratford tomorrow, and as i am the walking four leaf clover and rabbits foot combined, your gem of a horse will run well, and will my encouraging shouting of things such as "GOOOO ONNNNNNN HORSE OF RORRRRY", will make up for the feeling of rejection he make feel whilst looking for you in the paddock.

Good luck!

😎

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

I’m guessing the handicap mark is up to the Gods regardless?:)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Well……I wouldn’t call them Gods. 😮

Zome ~ you are an angel in disguise (and a cracking disguise it is, btw)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Quote: from zome on 9:05 pm on Jan. 31, 2007[br]LETS BRING THIS BACK.  😎 <br>

<br>Yay! About time too! Go Zome!!!

I’ve been holding onto a letter I was given some time ago. It reads as follows:

<br>"Dear Zome,

I am a successful presenter, commentator and, by my reckoning at least, an all-round good egg. Yet I frequently get the feeling that nobody in the racing industry takes me seriously.

I’ve tried everything – I’ve tried slipping more anecdotes into my repartit; I’ve adopted an increasingly cheery, matey-bloke demeanour; I’ve even invented a few catchphrases regarding photo finishes, leaving close calls for the judge, and seeing what happens. And yet still I seem to be given short shrift in the trade press, Internet forums, and soforth.

What can I do that I’m not already doing? Or what am I doing wrong? I am seriously considering my future within the industry.

I know you will  treat my case with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality; nonetheless, I have withheld my real name in the interests of privacy.

Your sincerely,

Mr Terek Dhompson"<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 10:05 pm on Feb. 2, 2007)

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Dear Zome

I can’t be at Stratford to see my horse run either – poxy work!!! :angry:

So can you yell for me too please?! :biggrin:

SL

Participant
    • Total Posts 5646

<br> To the gentleman with the bee up<br> and the gentleman with the stirr up<br> It’s Saturday night agony<br> HAIR KNIGHT

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.