Your Royal Ascot Highlight and low point

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Your Royal Ascot Highlight and low point

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Took 16’s before the race on Finians Oscar – into 5’s now. Pretty happy with that

again, no mention of a bet on finian’s beforehand.

noticeable by your absence on royal ascot threads BEFORE the race- yet after these races have been run you’re firing in winners at big prices like it’s shooting fish into a barrel. Amazing stuff.

Never understood the motivation of these aftertimers- presumably they have low self-esteem and have to prove to people they’ll never even met that they’re doing well. :-(

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

I mean forgive me for being sceptical but don’t see you tipping any of them up beforehand and just aftertiming them now, once the meeting has finished.

I remember you aftertiming ways from the Neptune thread last year, another slimy aftertiming cockroach, forums are rife with them.

You didn’t see me tipping any up beforehand because I haven’t been on the forum. Simple. That mystery solved then.
    (It is also difficult to contribute to “Ascot Highlights” before the meeting has taken place).

Re the Neptune, at 13.20 on March 11th I said – “think Willoughby Court is going under the radar here. Backed at 16’s and 14’s and half tempted to go in again”. Last time I checked the Neptune was run on Wednesday 15th not Saturday 11th, so no aftertiming. I also cited Willoughby Court earlier in February after he won well at Warwick, but let’s just ignore that as well.

Did you back any winners at RA Judge or do you just harbour scepticism and resentment of those of us that did? I wouldn’t know as I haven’t been on the forum for a while.

I don’t understand why you let these so called ‘aftertimers’ get under your skin? Most are probably lying and that’s just sad for them. Has it escaped you that we live in a digital age where most bets are placed online? It has never been easier to call out artertimers and I would be happy (for want of a better word) to send you my winning slips (PM your details). The one condition, and this is purely for my own amusement, is I insist on sending you one screenshot per day, for nine consecutive days. This will give you sufficient time to go back and read threads like the Neptune so you will learn to make well informed posts, and not ones that are factually incorrect and make you look ill informed. :bye:

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I mean forgive me for being sceptical but don’t see you tipping any of them up beforehand and just aftertiming them now, once the meeting has finished.

I remember you aftertiming ways from the Neptune thread last year, another slimy aftertiming cockroach, forums are rife with them.

You didn’t see me tipping any up beforehand because I haven’t been on the forum. Simple. That mystery solved then.
    (It is also difficult to contribute to “Ascot Highlights” before the meeting has taken place).

Re the Neptune, at 13.20 on March 11th I said – “think Willoughby Court is going under the radar here. Backed at 16’s and 14’s and half tempted to go in again”. Last time I checked the Neptune was run on Wednesday 15th not Saturday 11th, so no aftertiming. I also cited Willoughby Court earlier in February after he won well at Warwick, but let’s just ignore that as well.

Did you back any winners at RA Judge or do you just harbour scepticism and resentment of those of us that did? I wouldn’t know as I haven’t been on the forum for a while.

I don’t understand why you let these so called ‘aftertimers’ get under your skin? Most are probably lying and that’s just sad for them. Has it escaped you that we live in a digital age where most bets are placed online? It has never been easier to call out artertimers and I would be happy (for want of a better word) to send you my winning slips (PM your details). The one condition, and this is purely for my own amusement, is I insist on sending you one screenshot per day, for nine consecutive days. This will give you sufficient time to go back and read threads like the Neptune so you will learn to make well informed posts, and not ones that are factually incorrect and make you look ill informed. :bye:

I’m just sceptical mate as you never put up any of these royal ascot bets beforehand, and just aftertimed them.

Personally I find aftertimers the scum of humanity. I agree that’s a weakness in me.

Perhaps I’d find your posts more valid though if you actually put up winners beforehand. Well done with willoughy court- but it seems like you are giving away your modus operandi here- backing more than one horse. Your royal ascot book would look a lot less impressive if you’re not just backing one horse per race.

If you would take the time to check some of the royal ascot threads that weren’t aftertiming threads you’ll see I tipped up Atty Persse and Big orange BEFOREHAND- and only one tip. :good:

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

As for the screenshot thing I’m sure it would rather lose it’s validity as you’d probably conveniently forget to send the losing bets that you placed on each race as well. And I’d have no way of knowing whether you were telling the truth or not.

I have you down as a cockroach and a liar. Like all aftertimers.

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

Like I said, I haven’t been on here since Cheltenham, I don’t know how else to say it.

Scroll up to the top right of your screen – try and tell me how calling people cockroaches and liars forms any part of ‘intelligent horse racing discussion’. What is intelligent about getting your facts wrong and being an idiot? Are you than starved of attention in your day to day life that you have to come onto a racing forum to get some type of reaction? (Which i resent giving keyboard warriors like you because its what you want).

If you genuinely find aftertimers ‘the scum of humanity’ then you probably have far more weaknesses than you would ever care to admit. Lacking any form of life perspective being the first one that springs to my mind. So yeh, you are a joke, no more time wasted on you.

‘It seems like you are giving away your modus operandi here – backing more than one horse’. You caught me. I must be the only punter backing more than one horse in a 25+ runner handicap. As for the Neptune, I backed Finians Oscar (14’s) and Willoughby Court (16’s, 14’s and 12’s) – what a mug punter I am

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Like I said, I haven’t been on here since Cheltenham, I don’t know how else to say it.

Scroll up to the top right of your screen – try and tell me how calling people cockroaches and liars forms any part of ‘intelligent horse racing discussion’. What is intelligent about getting your facts wrong and being an idiot? Are you than starved of attention in your day to day life that you have to come onto a racing forum to get some type of reaction? (Which i resent giving keyboard warriors like you because its what you want).

If you genuinely find aftertimers ‘the scum of humanity’ then you probably have far more weaknesses than you would ever care to admit. Lacking any form of life perspective being the first one that springs to my mind. So yeh, you are a joke, no more time wasted on you.

‘It seems like you are giving away your modus operandi here – backing more than one horse’. You caught me. I must be the only punter backing more than one horse in a 25+ runner handicap. As for the Neptune, I backed Finians Oscar (14’s) and Willoughby Court (16’s, 14’s and 12’s) – what a mug punter I am

I’m not a troll I’m just genuinely sick of aftertimers. Sorry if that offends people, but it needs saying. Other forums are now unreadable because of the amount of aftertiming that goes on, this seems one of the few safe refuges, well it did… :unsure:

You claim you haven’t been on since Cheltenham, but you’ve managed to reappear AFTER the races at Royal Ascot.. where have you been all this time, Mars? :scratch:

And you managed to find the time to back all these big priced winners but couldn’t find the time to tell us about it beforehand, only wishing to come on and gloat about it afterwards…

As I said I put up tips on here BEFORE the races so I feel you accusing me of being a keyboard cowboy and a troll is quite laughable.. I’d say it was the other way around

Well done if you did manage to back only one per race (in which case your stats are very, very impressive) but perhaps you’d be honest enough to admit that these were not your only bets in these races? and post your other bets in these race as well? ante-post or otherwise. If not and you genuinely only backed one per race that all I can say is well played sir :good:

If not I would suggest that at best you’re a cherry picker and at worst just an aftertimer… a 20-1 winner suddenly becomes much less impressive if you’re backing 1 or 2 in the race at the same time, in which case it becomes a 10-1 or 5-1 shot.. :good:

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

I agree, in principle, that after timing is an easy game to play and whilst you may find it frustrating, it shouldn’t annoy you that other people have done well and not shared their bets or research into why they have made those bets. Of course places like this exist so those conversations can take place and I am all for it, but I haven’t been around since Cheltenham for reasons that are no concern of yours.

My issue is this sense of entitlement you have in what you are saying. An attitude of ‘if you have winners and don’t share them then they either didn’t happen, you were not decent enough to tell us beforehand, and you probably backed every horse in the race’.

Think what you want to think

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Who really cares lol

Just believe what people say they done on here, it makes no difference AFTER the race what someone sais

Charlie may very well have did everything he said, so i think its wrong to be verbally slamming him

Pretty sure youv had sly digs at my posts before about never posting losers even after extensive pre race posts proving losers…..

So like i said its easier to just believe the winners, the posts dont really matter AFTER the race unless its from an analytical perspective

Youll never know who is or isnt being truthful so your better taking it as everyone is than everyone isnt

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

Who really cares lol

Just believe what people say they done on here, it makes no difference AFTER the race what someone sais

Charlie may very well have did everything he said, so i think its wrong to be verbally slamming him

Pretty sure youv had sly digs at my posts before about never posting losers even after extensive pre race posts proving losers…..

So like i said its easier to just believe the winners, the posts dont really matter AFTER the race unless its from an analytical perspective

Youll never know who is or isnt being truthful so your better taking it as everyone is than everyone isnt

Well said.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Personally I don’t mind posts like Charlie’s, hasn’t done anyting wrong that I can see. It’s only natural for punters who’ve had a good week to want to tell people about it now and again. Am sure most tell the truth about this sort of thing. However, when others (rightly or wrongly) only remember/see a punter putting up winning bets after the event; you can’t blame them for being sceptical. Especially about the number/amount lost in bets we don’t hear about. Of course there are profitable punters out there who don’t put their bets up beforehand. But screenshots only prove that particular bet, they do not prove he’s a successful/profit making punter, neither does it prove he/she has not had many more losing bets.

“Aftertiming” is not always about telling porkies about claimed winners, it’s often about the punter giving a false impression of being a better punter than he actually is (what’s missing). Although am sure many gamblers do this unintentionally. Part of the psychology of a gambler is to convince himself winning bets are his skill and losing bets are luck and/or forgotten.

value is everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Surely this has gone on too long?

Personally, I haven’t got any problem with people listing their winners before or after the race. What is there to gain from making up winners?

I have much more difficulty with the continued rants about after timing. Only one person appears to be bothered to the point of raising the issue over and over again.

It is effectively suggesting contributors are liars with no proof. Is that really the way a forum should be operating?

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I agree, in principle, that after timing is an easy game to play and whilst you may find it frustrating, it shouldn’t annoy you that other people have done well and not shared their bets or research into why they have made those bets. Of course places like this exist so those conversations can take place and I am all for it, but I haven’t been around since Cheltenham for reasons that are no concern of yours.

My issue is this sense of entitlement you have in what you are saying. An attitude of ‘if you have winners and don’t share them then they either didn’t happen, you were not decent enough to tell us beforehand, and you probably backed every horse in the race’.

Think what you want to think

But you haven’t answered my question, about whether you backed more than one in each race?

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Personally I don’t mind posts like Charlie’s, hasn’t done anyting wrong that I can see. It’s only natural for punters who’ve had a good week to want to tell people about it now and again. Am sure most tell the truth about this sort of thing. However, when others (rightly or wrongly) only remember/see a punter putting up winning bets after the event; you can’t blame them for being sceptical. Especially about the number/amount lost in bets we don’t hear about. Of course there are profitable punters out there who don’t put their bets up beforehand. But screenshots only prove that particular bet, they do not prove he’s a successful/profit making punter, neither does it prove he/she has not had many more losing bets.

“Aftertiming” is not always about telling porkies about claimed winners, it’s often about the punter giving a false impression of being a better punter than he actually is (what’s missing). Although am sure many gamblers do this unintentionally. Part of the psychology of a gambler is to convince himself winning bets are his skill and losing bets are luck and/or forgotten.

Totally agree ginger. You said it much better than I said it. :good:

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Surely this has gone on too long?

Personally, I haven’t got any problem with people listing their winners before or after the race. What is there to gain from making up winners?

I have much more difficulty with the continued rants about after timing. Only one person appears to be bothered to the point of raising the issue over and over again.

It is effectively suggesting contributors are liars with no proof. Is that really the way a forum should be operating?

Well I agree I have probably gone on about it too much, however if you look on the betfair forum there is a whole thread devoted to aftertiming, so I’m not the only person to be bothered by it.

Anyway I apologise if I offended anyone, it’s not my business to be a “troll,” comments like “cockroach” are probably going too far, but I just wish people would stop aftertiming winners :whistle:

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

According to my poor use of maths Charlie is claiming +£73 to a level stake for the royal ascot meeting, forgive me for being sceptical when he’s posted no tips before the meeting, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.