Triumph hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Triumph hurdle 2017

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

hayper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 56

Henderson quoted saying” I could of put Divin Bere in the triumph, but Charli Parcs is just different class”

I hope he is right, but I have mixed feelings about CP. Everything would look different to me if Yanworth would have won CH and Divin Bere bolted up in FW. But at this stage I think there is really not much between DDS and CP, why on earth DDS didn’t run in so weak Supreme if he is so good? Ground was perfect for him on the first day, also weight allowance would increase significantly his chances of winning. It all stinks to me, but I hope Henderson knows what he says…But just in case CP will not prove to be shining star, I have saver on Mega Fortune.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Defi De Seuill at 5/2 looks a huge price

Going in

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5703

Master Blueyes

This horse will get you out of trouble if you need such a service.

He’s made for this and is blooming at the perfect time. He was very keen in his early races and settled much better in the Adonis. His hurdling too is mostly slick, certainly in comparison to the favourite who, for such a talented horse is a poor mover who seems ill-balanced much of the time and clumsy at his hurdles.

MB should enjoy the ground more than most tomorrow and I’ve no worries about the track, which should suit him well. A strong pace would be a bonus and I see this enthusiastic, athletic grey taking it with a slick jump at the last and clearing away from them. I’ve already backed him at 14s and 9s and have gone in again tonight.

Help yourself to a free winner. No charge :)

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Not a race I normally spend too long on, but I’d say Soldier In Action looks too big at 28’s ew, and I’ll be happy to chance him at those odds.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7699

I’ve got to back the Pipe filly at 50/1; could be anything and if any stable can get a horse fit to run after a long lay off they can.

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1128

MB should enjoy the ground more than most tomorrow and I’ve no worries about the track, which should suit him well. A strong pace would be a bonus and I see this enthusiastic, athletic grey taking it with a slick jump at the last and clearing away from them.

Master Blueyes certainly looked an improved performer last time but two things put me off: firstly, there’s rain forecast overnight- that, on top of ground that has already been watered, could blunt his speed; secondly, Alan King’s horses have been running moderately all week, with just a handful of places to show for their efforts so far.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3157

Like someone else mentioned earlier it’s amazing the comparison of LOHG with last years winner. Starts the year as hot favourite, gets beat on heavy in Ireland goes out to 20’s and gets backed down to win on better ground at the festival. :whistle:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4510

Hendo one two nuff said!! :good:

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Mega Fortune NQAT

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3157

Or even a JP 1-2-3

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Master Blueyes

This horse will get you out of trouble if you need such a service.

He’s made for this and is blooming at the perfect time. He was very keen in his early races and settled much better in the Adonis. His hurdling too is mostly slick, certainly in comparison to the favourite who, for such a talented horse is a poor mover who seems ill-balanced much of the time and clumsy at his hurdles.

MB should enjoy the ground more than most tomorrow and I’ve no worries about the track, which should suit him well. A strong pace would be a bonus and I see this enthusiastic, athletic grey taking it with a slick jump at the last and clearing away from them. I’ve already backed him at 14s and 9s and have gone in again tonight.

Help yourself to a free winner. No charge :)

There are a few negatives for me with Master Blueyes Joe.

Alan King has had a fairly modest week. He also initially felt Master Blueyes was a Fred Winter and not a Triumph Hurdle horse.

If you go back from Master Blueyes last run, you are pretty much forced to agree with King’s original sentiment. The horse’s stroll around Ludlow at 2/5F was against mainly trees and the runner up Long Call was quietly fancied for the Fred Winter off 135 but was disappointing in 10th beaten 13 lengths. That would tend to suggest Master Blueyes would have had a dickens of a time from his new mark of 150 had he been in the Fred Winter.

For me, it’s all about Master Blueyes last run and whether he suddenly found a stone that Alan King didn’t think he had?

People have argued what would have happened had Charli Parcs stayed on his feet? He just never travelled the way he did the time before but he was working his way back into it and it might have been interesting. For me, the single biggest concern about backing Master Blueyes is the memory of Charli Parcs simply pissing on top of him the previous time they met. It wasn’t a defeat he gave him that day, the Henderson horse, hung, drew and quartered Alan King’s horse and then crucified him just for good measure. It was a rare, total dismantling of a field and if Charli Parcs finds his mojo again he would take the beating here.

Even if Charli Parcs under-performs again, Defi De Seuil sits there as a more assured plus 150 rated opponent on a roll over hurdles and that is not to be dismissed too readily as a potential class act in the field.

I just feel that Master Blueyes only has that one win at a perceived Triumph Hurdle winning level and that it may just be questionable. As I say, what came before had me, and more importantly the Trainer, feeling that he had a handicap horse for the Festival.

Good luck though Joe, he’s a likeable sort but I would have liked to have seen King in better sorts this week.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5703

Fair points on paper against MB. I watched quite a few videos last night trying to dismantle my own case for the horse and ended up strengthening it.

I had seen only the finish when CP thrashed him and it didn’t look good. But watching the whole race puts a completely different perspective on it. He pulled very hard early and continued to do so for half of the race. I’m surprised he was placed at all.

He did the same at Huntingdon, though he had learned a wee bit and wasn’t as bad. At Ludlow he was all right and at Kempton settled perfectly. He’s a horse learning the business, coming to hand at the right time and, perhaps most importantly, he has a superb, eager attitude and a visible enthusiasm. He reminds me of a more athletic Katchit.

In comparison we have an unusual pair at the top of the market. DDS looks an odd horse in the way he goes about things. There’s a big engine in there but I’m not so sure the structure will carry it. He has a scratchy, uneven action, the unusual temperament of wanting to be keen but wanting to obey his rider (it’s like he’s running in mini snatches all the time) and having watched all his races I think I saw maybe four clean jumps. If he crosses a hurdle today with MB watch him lose a minimum of a length.

As to Charli Parcs, another talented animal but his last experience on a racetrack was being in a ruck of horses when he didn’t seem to like it and wanted to back off only to run again when the field opened out and he had room. He then takes a heavy fall. So he appears to be a thinker (will he handle the prelims?): will he remember his last experience? Not ideal.

I’d fear the Irish as it’s difficult to gauge their strength. I like Bapaume and will have a saver. But all in all I’m convinced that MB is the best value by far in the race. As to trainer form, this is such a brutally competitive meeting that it could be folly to write off trainers who aren’t getting horses placed. Yanworth was disappointing for some but I expected little from him anyway: the horse is quirky and probably overrated.

Anyway, we’ll know our fate soon enough here. Good luck all.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

hayper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 56

I can see LOGH winning as he gives his best on good ground. I did rev forecast LOGH and CP, I hope Mega Fortune will handle the ground and gets into the frame. This race looks to be much better quality than Supreme, we will see…

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Good luck chaps I’m on Charli Parcs, just get the inkling he’s the star novice of this year, haven’t been blown away by anything yet and Nicky knows his stuff.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

And struggle to get 5th he did ….

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.