Triumph hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Triumph hurdle 2017

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Charli Parcs hasn’t looked the same horse since his first win. Whereas it was sewn up early at the 3rd last, he has been way back at the same stage twice since. Clearly over-regarded. He made some headway today but the zest just isn’t there.

The whole formline with Master Blueyes fell apart like a cheap jigsaw today. I had said for a while that Alan King’s first instinct that the horse was a Fred Winter candidate, may be the correct one. He certainly ran nothing like a horse rated 150 today.

I had Defi De Seuil at 4/1 as a saver a while back, so it’s a slight help on the week overall.

Well done anyone who had Defi early doors. I had a feeling he might be vulnerable to something coming out later in the season and there were some rumblings about Charli Parcs being better but as the race approached I felt Defi De Seuil looked to have a few pounds in hand of his field. Would he have won the Supreme? Surely he would have gone close on that showing. Different class to them today. Nice for the Hobbs team, who have had it a bit quiet.

Go on Richard and do the double on Native River. :yes:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5651

Well done DDS fans. MB never travelled with any verve and my fate was known after 3 jumps.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

Defi nitely the best horse in the race won.
    So pleased for Philip Hobbs.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

Well done DDS fans. MB never travelled with any verve and my fate was known after 3 jumps.

RUK say MB is badly lame Joe

value is everything
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5651

RUK say MB is badly lame Joe

:( Was making me wonder about the King form after all. Be interesting to see how Winter Escape goes here

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7687

Only had a last minute bet on him because I thought PH said he’d put a first time hood on him [must be the voices in my head playing tricks]. What a run from the 4th horse [how many horses run well after getting loose; sure the stat is high on that].

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2443

Defi De Seuill at 5/2 looks a huge price

Going in

I made him about 11/8 or 6/4 fwiw

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Defi Du Seuil was definitely overpriced. He was well clear in the ratings if you were suspicious (as I was) about Master Blueyes’ mark of 150.

Nicky Henderson has said that Charli Parcs did not come back from the Triumph Hurdle quite right and he won’t run again this season. He explained:-

“Of course we’re disappointed when a horse is beaten but I think he was racing a bit keenly and he hasn’t come back from that race quite right so will not run again this season. I still swear he is a very good horse and one with a lot of talent.”

Henderson also said that he feels Brain Power didn’t run his race in the Champion and that the horse will go to Punchestown to try to do better than when he was third in last year’s race on the day Yorkhill was disappointing in 4th as red hot favourite.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.