Triumph hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Triumph hurdle 2017

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

Chaps, were is the best place to watch back English races? I use the ATR app for Irish races.

http://www.skysports.com/racing

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

“Merie devie unlikely runner. Schooled poorly yesterday ” wylie

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3157

Laid off my only bet on Mega Fortune for a small loss. I dont think the ground will be suitable at all for him.

Backed Land of hope and glory to win instead @ 18’s NRNB. A very similar campaign as last years winner and sure to appreciate the faster ground.

Slight concerns possibly with the favourite who has only ran on soft ground. Last time he ran connections said he would not run on good ground and the other ( Charli Parcs ) would and vice a versa.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Segals longshot nap is landofhopeandglory and I’m totally with him here. Think the favs jumping will fall apart and is far too short to be a backable proposition, this is the kind of race that screams “upset” and think Jo O’brien’s horse can deliver the goods

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Oh just noticed you’re on him as well botchy good luck mate :good:

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3157

Oh just noticed you’re on him as well botchy good luck mate :good:

Thanks, how ironic it would be if 2 x O’Brien horses were my only winners eh ? :heart:

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I know a few of us are aware of Charli Parcs potential and that he would of won the Adonis if he stayed up.
    The market is with us on this as he is getting shorter and shorter by the hour on the exchanges. Get on now while you still have an each way price

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Boring stuff from me here. I took 2/1 Defi a couple of weeks ago. I think the jumping worries are just nonsense – apart from those blips at Chepstow he has been good. The scary thing for the rest is that he’s by good ground sire Voix Du Nord, so we probably haven’t even seen the best of him yet.

I just took Jazschlong’s advice for an each-way chisel on Charli Parcs too. I’ve watched the Adonis finish about 100 times and am starting to think he would have won. It was his first run after a couple of months off (arrived in England fit from France, won, then presumably took it easy) and he just looked a bit rusty.

I’m hardly setting the world alight by backing the fav and hoping to chop with the second fav, but I think they’re both potential stars running against a lot of deadwood. I think the improvement in Master Blueyes is legit but he needs to go on again. The Irish crew aren’t much cop.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I know a few of us are aware of Charli Parcs potential and that he would of won the Adonis if he stayed up.
    The market is with us on this as he is getting shorter and shorter by the hour on the exchanges. Get on now while you still have an each way price

I hope you all got on in time as Charli is as low as 3/1 in places.
    I 100% believe Henderson when he says CP was coming back on the bridle in the Adonis. Who are we to question the master?
    This horse is going to be special and the flood of money coming for him certainly puts my doubts of injury etc at rest.
    Can see a big performance coming…

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

He runs in the Triumph and wins. 10/1 NRNB at Hills. Lap it up. If he hadn’t fallen LTO he’d have won and been cut to 3s within days.

It’s a good thing Elliott and Nicholls are not on this forum. Journalists, sorry Dave Yates, have been ripped to pieces for less.

I know it’s a laughable thing to say, I even delayed before clicking submit but honestly I think this horse is just streets ahead of anything else. I think he’s a 6/4 shot posing as a 10/1 shot. Just need him to run!

Well we’re nearly there. 3/1 now so only 1 1/2 points to go.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

This could be my ‘alpha des obeaux ‘ bet of the festival.
    Nervous.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Initially I was negative about the chances of Charli Parcs but Henderson is in such good form and is apparently bullish about this horse I wouldn’t be so sure now.

Certainly wouldn’t want to lay it.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Henderson quoted saying” I could of put Divin Bere in the triumph, but Charli Parcs is just different class”

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Henderson quoted saying” I could of put Divin Bere in the triumph, but Charli Parcs is just different class”

I hope this is true.

I had a couple of quid on Housesofparliament at 16/1, based on his St Leger effort but when I watched him make his hurdling debut I was struck by how small he looked in a field of jumpers. He was second that day but as far as I was concerned it was game over.

I was then shocked to see Charli Parcs priced up odds on the night before he made his UK debut. The Racing Post had him rated 115 on his French form but I watched the race and the collateral form suggested Charli Parcs was already a horse of 130 ability. In the end I decided to back him at 20/1 for the Triumph Hurdle as my main bet for the race. In the end he went off odds against and easily paid for his Triumph Hurdle bet, so effectively it’s a freebie now.

Hard to know what happened last time, he was under pressure from a long way out. He was definitely getting there but I can’t 100% guarantee if he would have won. Everyone was quick to write him off after his fall and 14/1 was available right after the race. There were some nibbles at those odds and it’s been trickling on him steadily lof late. I’m a bit shocked to see him at 7/2 but his first win was breathtaking, when he took it up three out and simply demolished his field.

With the rumblings about Charli Parcs going to the Supreme, I decided to have a saver on Defi De Seuil at 4/1 because I thought he was likely to be 7/4 if Charli Parcs went to the opening race of the week.

Tomorrow could be my biggest payday at the Festival in quite a while. Charli Parcs at 20/1 and Native River at 33/1 will be a bumper lift if they can both prevail.

Back in the day when we were all a lot younger, Vagador, Danish Flight and Celtic Shot as a treble on the opening day and three doubles mixed in as well, was almost bang on a 99/1 return on the day. That was a boozy night. Hope I’m rubbered on Friday Night ;-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.