Triumph hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Triumph hurdle 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

With O’Brein have the winner last year i feel over the next 4 to 5years they be getting more winners for race i felt OUTSPOKEN been best last year but got injury after debut.And for me best chance for this race is

LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY 20/1

He has not run since june which was a weak group2 but reason no run i feel be because there been schooling him for hurdles he up there in the betting and got size and scope for hurdles.And for me he can be a smart hurdler.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

i did say in an earlier post that landofhopeandglory was 1 of my bets for the triumph. but also have had a bet on DINO VELVET AT 50/1 as well. he was bought by the mcneils who love buying 1 for the triumph. he had 3 races in france before a break. then he was bought by the mcneils. had a pipe opener at chester which he fin 4th.

i believe he having a run on the flat soon before hurdling. and did say aiming at the triumph

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

Lionroars and other guys here any views on the horses from AOB yard at Joseph now

SWORD FIGHTER
    HOUSESOFPARLIMENT
    UNICORN

Others as well.And LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY be out soon according to Joseph

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3208

Lionroars and other guys here any views on the horses from AOB yard at Joseph now

SWORD FIGHTER
    HOUSESOFPARLIMENT
    UNICORN

Really looking forward to Unicorn this year over hurdles and flat. Very lightly raced and could improve quite a bit. I was looking forward to getting a win out him in the latter part of the flat season but it was not meant to be.

I backed him a couple of weeks ago @33’s based on his run on the flat at York and lofty entries he had in the Autumn races.

I will catch him at some point in a big race if he keeps sound. That i’m confident of. :heart:

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

WOULD HAVE TO AGREE BOTCHY. THEY ARE 3 SERIOUS HORSES FOR THE JUMPS. OUT THE 3 LOVE TO SEE SWORD FIGHTER JUMP A HURDLE

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY did what he expected of him while not always jump great got better as race went on won from stablemate won with head in chest any views guys

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6037

LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY did what he expected of him while not always jump great got better as race went on won from stablemate won with head in chest any views guys

I thought he was mightily impressive Darren, traveled really well between his hurdles,
    and it was only a question as to when Geraghty let him go. I’d say he was an exciting
    prospect. If I were to be hyper critical, I thought he tends to land a bit flat over
    some of his jumps, not quite making ground over them, but as it’s only his first run
    over hurdles I’m probably being over critical. I’m sure he will learn with experience,
    he can only improve and could, as they say, be anything.

If he goes the Triumph Hurdle route, he could well end up vying for favourite. The 14/1
    with Willie Hill could look awfully big come March.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

i thought glory was impressive as well guys. but what do we make of mullins LAWS OF SPIN improving fast on the flat. ending srapidly improving eason with a good win in 58=000 h.cap win. not as highly rated as the 3 obriens horses but

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

Just seen post mate i had LAWS OF SPIN for irish cesarewitch nice 10/1 winner then if going jumping be intresting to see how he does but i still feel Joseph be man to follow in this race.And a stable tour on friday be out be intresting what he says of Glory and other 3yos to.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Only just watched the race back. The second was rated a stone and a half his inferior and conceded an easy six or more lengths so as you say the winner was doing no more than expected. I actually thought his best jump was at the first. It will be interesting to see if he copes with winter ground. At this stage I would prefer JP’s horse that won at Cheltenham.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY is back out tomorrow so be well odds on and should win this tomorrow though a bit shock after Joseph go for grade3 in December in stable tour today

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

What’s your thoughts on Housesofparliment Daz…..?

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5548

Best horse on the flat not sure how he do over hurdles way JOB talk about SWORD FIGHTER could be the one who joined them recently.While Landofhopeandglory will have more experiance as i bet since german derby he been schooled over hurdles.Hope he win today

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2564

Backed Landofhopeandglory at 7s in a multi :good:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Another comfortable win for Defi Du Seuil. He has already done more than enough prep to go to the Triumph with an excellent chance so quite alarming to hear the trainer talking about running him again in another couple of weeks. Why? He already looks pretty much the finished article. It would be nice to think the trainer isn’t going to throw away the chance of a Festival winner like he did with Onenightinvienna.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.