Triumph hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Triumph hurdle 2017

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

That trial today is a bad race + a bad pointer for the Festival.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Another comfortable win for Defi Du Seuil. He has already done more than enough prep to go to the Triumph with an excellent chance so quite alarming to hear the trainer talking about running him again in another couple of weeks. Why? He already looks pretty much the finished article. It would be nice to think the trainer isn’t going to throw away the chance of a Festival winner like he did with Onenightinvienna.

Like him a lot; think he’ll make a lovely chaser too.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

I wouldn’t run him so soon either stilvi and I hope he has a change of heart. I have bet him for The Triumph and I really think that he looks like the real deal.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Bapaume was impressive in Leopardstown; over turned the loss to Landofhopeandglory

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Does anybody like Cliffs of Dover?

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

Does anybody like Cliffs of Dover?

Impressive on channel four last time off the front although I did think that the other jockeys were idiotic by allowing a 2/5 shot that day a 15 length lead.

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

Cant have MEGA FORTUNE for the Triunph hurdle. Off a mark of 133, i think ita shoe in for the Fred Winter. The ratings ranged from 128 – 142 for last years race so he’s definately gonna get in. Lap up the 16s on Bet365. This horse has got everything needed for a slog up the Cheltenham hill.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Divin Bere won the £20,000 Jveunile Hurdle last week at Huntingdon and when asked about him as a Triumph Horse; said Fred Winter as the horse that likewise has Master Blueyes form is his main hope for that… ;)

Claude CHarlet then said ‘He means Charli Parcs wins the Triumph pulling double!’

Seems bold!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Defi Du Seuil v Charli Parcs. I don’t know if I have ever seen a more crazy decision than to run what might be the best two juveniles against each other for less than £20,000. I can see why they might want to run Charli Parcs but there is absolutely no reason to be running Defi Du Seuil. Well done JP and Hobbs. Bonfire of ante-post tickets very likely.

Pontisback
    Participant
    • Total Posts 69

Taken from the racingpost website:

JP McManus owns the pair and his racing manager Frank Berry said on Friday morning: “At the moment Charli Parcs is a definite runner. Defi would only run if the ground becomes very heavy, in which case it’s possible Charli Parcs wouldn’t run. Nothing is set in stone, though.”

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

If you back one of them and the other is withdrawn, I think the Rule 4 deductions would result in you getting a far better price than waiting for one of them to be taken out.

Running Rein
    Running Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

I don’t think there is a hurdler trained in England, of any age, that could beat Defi De Seuil over 2 miles.
    In Ireland…maybe.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I don’t think there is a hurdler trained in England, of any age, that could beat Defi De Seuil over 2 miles.
    In Ireland…maybe.

But if a crazy statement lol it would be entered in the champion hurdle if that were the case! Yanworth would destroy it.
    And so will Charli parcs today in a canter!

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Taken from the racingpost website:

Defi would only run if the ground becomes very heavy, ”

Interesting quote that, sounds like Good ground is not suitable for him. Cheltenham in March hmmmmm ?

Running Rein
    Running Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

In Ireland…maybe.

But if a crazy statement lol it would be entered in the champion hurdle if that were the case! Yanworth would destroy it.
    And so will Charli parcs today in a canter!

DDS is not qualified for the Champion Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.