ST James Palace stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2016 ST James Palace stakes

This topic contains 83 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  mickeyjp 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

What price none of the trio to win a G1 again?

St Nicholas Abbey
    St Nicholas Abbey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

As a punter you can spend ages pouring over the form but you cannot legislate for the ineptness of jockeys.

Dettori messed up at the Curragh and Moore messed up today. It happens too often and of course the media never say anything.

Well, we’re all human. Everyone messes up.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Frankie rode em to sleep!! Top class riding performance well done Frankie :good:

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Awtaad was simply the better horse on the day at The Curragh. He never travelled like that at all today.

As for Moore today, if The Gurkha had been half as good as the betting market suggested, he would have flown past Galileo Gold today. The ground was different to that in France when he won and I think plenty of people got carried away coming into this.

I said beforehand that it was tight on the ratings and a fag paper would have covered them.

Well done to Joe on his each way Galileo Gold, I felt the horse would have a job reversing the Curragh for and beating the well heralded The Gurkha but he managed both parts.

If you take short prices in competitive races you have to be confident that the horse has enough to cover all scenarios.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Ought not to forget that he stayed on well to win the Gns and did so again today off a decent pace in bad ground. Would like to have seen him in The Derby

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Frankie didnt ride anyone to sleep! You are delusional if you think the jockey won this race. The Gurkha just didnt simply pick up fast enough he isnt a good horse. I thought he was a good horse but after that race he is definitely not a good horse. Well I say not good as in he might win some decent races but he isnt a superstar and that race in general looking back is a poor race.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

I think that Zelzal would of won this race no danger, I know he flopped in the guineas but there are many factors to that loss, he should of ran in this!

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

Trainer said that Awtaad needed better ground. I suppose he could be right seeing that the Irish 2000 was on yielding ground (whats that? good to soft here?) and it is real soft ground at Ascot.

I overlooked that but was put off enough to have a bet anyway.

IBRacing
    IBRacing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Trainer said that Awtaad needed better ground. I suppose he could be right seeing that the Irish 2000 was on yielding ground (whats that? good to soft here?) and it is real soft ground at Ascot.

I overlooked that but was put off enough to have a bet anyway.

The Irish Guineas was won in a time 9 seconds above standard compared with todays 4 seconds above standard. I don’t see how Awtaad needs faster ground, for me it looks like he needs a bog.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Poor race, none are superstars just a bad era for flat racing currently but hopefully with all the Frankels there is some superstars to come. Caravaggio is a monster and so is Cunco at the moment. Tepins performance was excellent but that also was a very weak field.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Once again Frankie rode em to sleep!!

Don’t know what race you were watching Gore but Moore ran into a gap that closed and had to switch around Awtaad.

Frankie got first run and that was the difference!! NUFF SAID!!

And by the way I am not talking out of my pocket here as I didn’t have a bet in the race.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

No horse could make up ground that quickly on that bad ground today, The Gurkha did very well to get as close as he did. He lost significant momentum when he was checked, it took him 10 strides to regain his momentum, by which time he had lost a length against Awtaad, when he should have been making up a length (based on the momentum he regained), he should have finished 2L ahead of Awtaad which would have made him the winner. Ryan was just hands and heels before he was checked, perhaps riding him too confidently given he had ground to make up and what can go wrong. If the horse hadn’t made a mess of the start and he hadn’t been checked, he would have won easily.

By the way, there’s a lot of talk about Churchill who may turn up in the Chesham. If so, watch out Cunco!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Seems odd to me that GG is still being denied the credit even after the race.

He won the Gns in the style of a good horse, had little luck in Ireland, and won convincingly today. He’s contested 4 Grade Ones, won two, was an arguably unlucky 2nd and a fast finishing 3rd in France.

I suspect he’s a good deal better than he’s getting credit for. I’d be interested to see Mike’s speed figures on him.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

He won the Gns in the style of a good horse, had little luck in Ireland, and won convincingly today. He’s contested 4 Grade Ones, won two, was an arguably unlucky 2nd and a fast finishing 3rd in France.

I suspect he’s a good deal better than he’s getting credit for. I’d be interested to see Mike’s speed figures on him.

What do want people to say? He wasn’t unlucky in Ireland and he won today because the favourite was too far off the pace.

If I were you I would be running out to buy a lottery ticket.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

What do want people to say? He wasn’t unlucky in Ireland and he won today because the favourite was too far off the pace.

If I were you I would be running out to buy a lottery ticket.

Well, you didn’t think he could win and you’ve obviously now decided that, rather than the possibility of you being wrong, he didn’t deserve to win. If I’m running down the road for my lottery ticket, I’ll be sure to wave to you on your way to the poorhouse.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.