The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22761

My worry for Siskin would be ground dependent I guess.
    More speed than stamina and stiffer mile to that at Goodwood too

Member since March 2008
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2123

Siskin needs firm ground and a speed track

The breeders cup mile would be where id aim him

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Yeah I don’t think Siskin will even turn up actually but there’s races to be run yet and plans to be made. Two Grp2s and the Moulin. Earthlight might interest me after finally looking more like a miler than a sprinter last time out. There’s about a 25% chance of decent ground and if that happened Kameko would really interest me, that would be right up his street over a straight stiff mile. If they can freshen up Circus Maximus a bit he would easily place on his best form. King of Change is forgotten about, I’m not a big fan but if the ground went heavy again and he’s ready he’d be a big danger also. Benbatl in decent ground also, then further down and actually I might have a a little antepost after selecting him for Saturday but Escobar is a massive price. If he does run well on Saturday and having put up a career best on Champions Day last season for a horse that seems to run better in the second half of the season he could easily turn up in this and sneak into a place on soft ground.

Escobar 66/1 EW

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

I might have some of that 66/1 Escobar seeing I backed him the last two times.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17685

Interesting Frenchy, especially with that angle on Champions Day.

If I thought the market would stay open during The Celebration Mile, I’d be very interested, but there’s no guarantee of that, with the bookies super switched on nowadays.

I’m certainly interested though, and at 66’s, won’t take much to persuade me.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Cashed it out now, he’s not running on Saturday. Bit disppointing

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Century Dream looked a soft ground Grp1 horse today, can see him placing in the QEII. 20/1 is way too big.

Century Dream 20/1 EW

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Moving from the celebration mile thread but Alpine Star is not entered for this, only the Champions Stakes so that’s one less soft ground performer for Century Dream to worry about!

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Century Dream 20/1 is a good ew play but if palace pier runs he will win it. I know we all missed the price and he is very short to back, but palace pier will perform on any going. And who knows what the weather will be like come October, even though Oct is a wet month it could turn out dry.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2123

weve had a pretty wet summer so a dry autumn wouldn’t be too surprising

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I’ll be very happy if it’s decent ground because then I’ll go crazy on Kameko! Would love to see Kameko take on PP over a strong straight fast ground mile

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

I saw this on another forum to be fair so i can’t take full credit for it.

Pinatubo at 20-1 seems overs. Evens to win this weekend (i am on Siskin of course) but fair chance he wins here + trainer has said QE11 is the target. Handles all ground, in my view 1m at Ascot might not be perfect for him, but 20-1 he won’t be if winning this weekend!

He was only beaten a length by Palace Pier at Ascot…if they could just keep him covered for longer i think he’s at least got a good place chance here as well.

20-1 Pinatubo.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Where did it say QEII was the next target Jack? Last I read was that the race in France over 7f was also a consideration.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Sorry he hasn’t said in black + white it’s the target, but he has said that if he doesn’t win or see out the mile, they have the Foret. However, if he wins as his prices suggests, then you’d imagine the mile will be his target considering they have Space Blues already!?

Siskin is best priced 8-1 for this, whereas he’s like 8s best price for the weekend? Lyons has already said it’s a doubt he’ll go here due to the ground?!!?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

I suppose it depends if they are happy to be 2nd in a group 1 or have a potential 1-2 in another group 1 which Pinatubo is capable of winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.