The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Agreed i see PP very very hard to beat, but a length behind him at Ascot and you are happy to rule out Pinatubo as only able to finish 2nd? Not sure a bullish trainer like Appleby will think like that if he wins this weekend vs Circus, Siskin, Romanised etc.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

If you think he will go then go for it.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Well i mean, if he wins like his price suggests on Sunday he should, what else will they do?

It’s obviously a bet that could look bad if he loses come Sunday.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 284

the breeders cup mile is another option for pinatubo

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

100% Ista, but i’d imagine you’d be looking at taking both races in!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I’d keep your money Jack if I were you. Ascot is totally different running round a bend for the SJP compared to running up the straight mile for the QEII. I’d give him no chance personally, whether he wins on Sunday or not. He’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can stay a stiff Ascot straight mile on soft ground

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Firstly, at 20-1, if he wins on Sunday, i’m looking at a single figure shot i imagine, so i’m not too worried.

It’s different yes, but the way he raced at Ascot with little cover and travelling to well 2fs out, suggests to me, if they can ride him cold, he could finish well. He did stay last time at Ascot, just not as well as PP, who i think will win. However, 20-1 is 20-1. I’d have him ahead of Century Dream on form anyway + with 3pds :yes:

Every horse has their chance Frenchy + his is better than a 20-1 shot.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I don’t think he is, I’d have Century Dream over Pinatubo at the QEII on soft in a matched bet.

You’re also banking he wins on Sunday for that bet and that he defo goes to the QEII. Even if he wins on Sunday, I really doubt he will turn up on soft on Champions Day.

If he wins on Sunday, if he turns up at Ascot, if the ground is not a bog….way too many if’s. Much better chances than that I’d say. Roseman is one I was looking at the other day based on his run last year at Newmarket. 25/1. I’d take him in a matched bet as well on a soft straight mile

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Fair enough lads- i did say at the beginning Ascot might not be perfect for him, but if he does win come Sunday, which he’s even money to do, he’ll probably be 6s or 7s for here. Siskin is 8s ffs for here and 8s for France ffs!

I think PP will win, but from a price perspective i think Pinatubo is overs. Also, if he wins on Sunday, i can always trade out of him if necessary, though i do think if he wins they’ll go here, as i said before where else? Back to 7f to meet his stablemate? America- yes, but why not run at Ascot too, it can easily be fit in beforehand.

I respect Roseman has some soft ground form to his name, but beating CD last year wasn’t very difficult. So, nothing out of the ordinary there. Even his 4th this year doesn’t look anything special lets be honest.

I don’t love Pinatubo, but i think there’s a few in here forgetting he’s a good horse and are forgetting the 3yo miles look a heck of a lot better than the older milers who have been absolutely useless in the main for years.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Think both horses have their pro and con if they run. A dry week and Pinatubo would look better for a place and on soft Century Dream would look better for a place. Too early to say which is the best 20-1 shot.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Pinatubo also holds an entry in the Champions Sprint i heard.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Probably for when Siskin cruises past him on Sunday ;-) No but seriously, I think that makes sense, as if he doesn’t win come Sunday and doesn’t shape like the mile suited, they will drop him back you’d imagine, and with Space Blues looking foret bound they are probably keeping all options open!

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 284

pinatubo down to 10s & 8s now

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Palace pier was evens with WH but they have cut him after persian king winning to 4/5 best price now 10/11.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

My 2-1 ticket is looking a bit better. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.