The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Im not sure they think it matters to him, he has that Roaring Lion type mentality where they can just keep running him and it doesn’t faze him. I’m more concerned from a betting perspective as I’d really want to back him wherever he runs, but I can’t see him beating Palace Pier on GS or S. So I’ll be completely torn!

I’m not sure David Redvers and Andrew Balding are aligned or even get on. They’ve said different things a few times now and I remember they talked about a heated discussion happened in the decision about the Sussex Stakes.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

I remember recently how AB was saying how he had never had a Breeders Cup runner which seems quite crazy

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17685

I fancy him a lot more for The Balmoral, but I can’t resist a go on Escobar here at 100’s.

Been a bit disappointing this year, he might not get his ground, and the Balmoral looks more sensible, but he’s jocked up here, and though you can’t read too much into that, it offers a wee bit of encouragement.

Certainly saved his best for here last year, so at that price, seems worth a try.

Escobar 100’s EW

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Ground Conditions: “We’re soft, heavy in places and we’re due some light rain showers through the night as we’ve a low pressure system circling just to the north east,” said Stickels. “After tomorrow morning I don’t see anything more than an occasional shower through to the weekend.

“There’s still a lot of moisture in the ground from the meeting we lost the other weekend and I imagine it will be predominantly soft with some heavy ground on the round course.”

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

It’s going to be a bit softer than I thought then, will add Wonderful Tonight as a saver.

Even So 6/1
    Wonderful Tonight 4/1 (Saver)

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Kameko ruled out because of the ground and will go to the breeders cup next month.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Fillies have a very good record in the QEII, 2 x winners, 3 x 3rds, 2 x 4ths in the last 9 years since it started at Ascot.

Turftrax are reporting that there is currently better ground on the standside than far side so they could easily navigate up the stands rail. Nazeef has the plum draw again if so. I’m going Nazeef for the forecast as Palace Pier looks about as solid as you can get.

Palace Pier – Nazeef Straight Forecast 10/1

Antepost
    Century Dream 20/1 EW
    The Revenant 8/1 EW

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2123

Hoping palace pier hacks up

Think he could be the best horse in training from what we’ve seen

And is still very unexposed so still improving

Expect him to look beaten at half way then whoosh

Don’t bet that short so happy to watch

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 250

I think that Palace Pier is a certainty here, but he’s never been a backable price at any time for me.

I was going to give this a miss, but for interest I’ll take Royal Dornoch ew at 80-1 with Bet365 paying 4 places. It’s hard to justify I know, but worth a few pounds.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7567

I like the look of The Revenent at 11/2. I’ll have a few quid there
    but I can’t let the 66/1 4 places for Sir Busker go without
    having a punt. He may not quite be up to this class, but he will come thundering
    though if he gets some daylight in final furlong and has a decent chance of a place,
    and with the ground probably sticky, which won’t bother him, you never know.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

He’s not had the greatest year but lord glitters caught the eye last time ….never put in the race , he has great form at this meeting and I think he,s value e.w

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8795

The more I watch Palace Pier’s races the more impressed I am. Heavy ground always a leveller but if he copes he surely wins.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

Palace Pier 2-1. Good luck all.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2123

Hope palace pier is ok

Looked to completely lose his action

Wd winners

Thought he was given a pretty poor ride anyway, hate it when jockeys make huge mid race moves, almost always the horses find nothing at the end

Looks like he lost a shoe, which is why he swapped leads

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 284

great run from sir busker

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.