The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

I couldn’t be more disappointed if Palace Pier couldn’t give The Revenant a fair beating.

Does love soft ground though so at 14s he might be an ew play, as long as it does go soft of course.

Happy enough to stick with my E/W play on Pinatubo at 20s. Handles soft ground, hopefully they produce him quite late, but not as late as last time lol.

IF it does go soft, Kameko to prove he handles it doesn’t he? Good run on Saturday.

Circus has lost his form somewhat? Handles the softer ground though.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

The Revenant couldn’t beat a 115 horse in last year’s QEII so I would think he wont beat a 126 horse this time.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Pinatubo will likely go to the Breeders Cup and skip Ascot now Jack

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

He has said, you have two options, one being Ascot. Did say percentage call is BC. But then, he said Foret was a likely target which didn’t happen so….

Anyone know the quarantine horses have to go through to go to BC this year? That would be main concern re Pinatubo + Ascot.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Well, you know my thoughts on CA and Ascot Champions Day!

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 284

Pinatubo scratched

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2839

Now that’s annoying, i literally messaged Betfair this AM to get him added to their exchange to lay off my bet to cover me…..

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

The Revenant confirmed as being targeted for another go at this after his win on Saturday. Went off 4/1 last year. On the basis that Kameko doesn’t go due to the ground conditions, I think the Revenant could go off 4/1 again here, so I’ve added him EW….

The Revenant 8/1 EW
    Century Dream 20/1 EW

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

Pinatubo retired….have put this link in here and Breeders Cup Mile as next race was undecided…..

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/charlie-appleby-hails-champion-two-year-old-pinatubo-as-godolphin-ace-is-retired/454078

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3902

Kameko’s chances of running described as “slim” according to David Redvers

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Sounds like he’s going to the breeders cup though …

“There are pedigree arguments he would go on soft but he has a beautiful action and if we ran him on bottomless ground it would jeopardise him going to the Breeders’ Cup”

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Usual mixed messages again from this team….

Balding reported: “We were delighted with his win in the Joel Stakes and that has set him up perfectly in terms of preparation, three weeks before QIPCO British Champions Day. I think he showed his class in the Joel Stakes, beating some very talented older horses – and beating them well.

“After a bit of trial and error, it’s obvious that a mile is his trip. He has that high cruising speed and excellent turn of foot. We go to QIPCO British Champions Day full of hope and optimism as a Guineas winner who still seems to be in great form, even at the end of a long season.”

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

Couldnt agree more. Rather confusing.

You would expect he would have a better chance of winning the BC Mile (where Palace Pier appears to not be running – again more trainer mixed massages) as opposed to having a tough dust up with Palace Pier and co here.

Perhaps they wish to emulate Roaring Lion who was an impressive winner in the QEII Mile in 2018.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I don’t know what to think really. David Redvers comments seem to suggest he is going to the BC whether he runs at Ascot or not. I hope they don’t actually now, as it’ll be no better than GS at best and that makes him extremely vulnerable to Palace Pier surely. I really fancy him in the US.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

Yeah sorry, I meant if he goes straight to the BC fresh youd think he would have a better chance than having a tough battle with Palace Pier at Ascot and then go to the BC a few weeks after (and possibly face PP again)!

Good job we are not trainers :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.