The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix Moulin 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Moulin 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Had Siskin been able to run in a straight line in the Sussex, he would’ve beaten Circus Maximus. Had he been able to run in a straight line on fast ground, he would’ve beaten him by 1-2 lengths.

Circus Maximus ran a dog last time out as well, and there will be no Ryan Moore on board.

Betfair have Siskin 9/2 second fav. already.

His form is at least as good as Pinatubo’s this year.If it’s fast ground, he’s got a huge chance.

On the nature of the tracks, I know Goodwood is sharp but how would we compare Longchamp and the Curragh?

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1164

I Mendizabal I think is booked to ride Siskin.
    Won on board Mishriff and on another English raider at 33/1.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Hi Mike, it was the price difference that swung it for me. Whether he will be good enough to win is another debate which is why i’ve gone each way in the hope he will at least make the podium.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

For those still interested, BetVictor are offering 10/1 3 places about Siskin. Everyone else is now 2 places.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Agree with this Clints, it was all about the price. He’s clearly very talented, but who knows Pinatubo could be too good etc.

Also, Betv down to 6s now!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2227

Not surprised as it was on Heavy and he hated it. Not having Ryan Moore on a straightforward ride like him shouldn’t be a problem.

It can’t be as it stands as he is 4lbs inferior. Your initial assessment of the race you were saying you weren’t sure he would even place, with the bet on you are convincing yourself he is a surefire winner ;-)
    Clints’ assessment of the race sounds about right. Still got it to prove for me. They will water to maintain good ground. Good luck to him and all backers but place at best if they all run their race imo.

3 and 4 yr olds tend to fare best though I do respect Romanised. Pinatubo or Circus Maximus up in lights in the win column is how I see it panning out. Should be an interesting watch. :yes:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Not at all Mike, it’s all to do with the ground conditions for me, that’s the part I am unsure about.

On GF, Siskin wins this. Of course, it’s unlikely to be quite as firm as that. The bet is in the laps of the racecourse and how much they overwater it. If it’s the soft side of good, I will not be confident he can even place as it is a decent lineup.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Circus Maximus bounced back from his defeat, but you’re making an assumption he hated the ground, I’ve not seen that mentioned by anyone have you?

In any case we know where we are with Circus Maximus, he wins, if there’s no class horse in the race. Siskin is class so is Pinatubo, it’s just a question on distance and ground for them.

Why do you respect Romanised but not Siskin? That makes no sense to me.

In terms of form. Siskin is a classic mile winner, Pinatubo won a dog 7F, only just as well. Siskin’s third in the Sussex is good form, as is Pinatubo’s third in the SJP. Personally I’d have them on level ratings just about. I don’t see anything Pinatubo has done this year that is better than Siskin.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Plus of course as mentioned already at the time, one was evens and the other was 12/1! No brainer bet whatever happens

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

4lbs inferior based on the handicapper’s assessment Mike- we know that’s not gospel?

3/4L win overLope y Fernandez or 1.25ls to Mohaather? It’s up for debate, but then you are talking about a horse at evens and one at 14s when i suggested.

Pinatubo’s Ascot run is assumed to be the best piece of outright 3yo form available Palace Pier has backed it up, but otherwise it’s still not been cross referenced lots, so is it actually the best?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2227

I’m not disrespecting Siskin. I said he could place. So could Romanised, plus he only went down a nose in this last year so C&D form which makes him place material on a decent surface. Just wondering in the back of my mind whether he could get his head in front at 5 having not done it at 4.

Noone needed to tell me, before the race I just didn’t like his chances on that ground. His profile showed his best top class form on good and good to soft. ‘inconvenienced by the ground’ probably sounds better.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2227

I agree its a price thing Jack, if I was pricing it up I would have Pinatubo favourite but not that short.
    And I have been using the words ‘as it stands’ regarding your other points. The race will tell us what further adjustments to the ratings are required.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2227

Circus Maximus is class btw. Siskin had an opportunity to pass Circus Maximus in the last half a furlong in the Sussex Stakes but wasn’t able to. Not for the first time CM is being underrated. I used to underrate him, but I have learnt my lesson lol.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2204

Siskin didn’t stay strongly enough on gd ground around a bend at goodwood

On softish ground here I cant see him winning and I’m a huge fan of the horse

Hes a 6/7f horse who just about gets a mile

His strength is his electric turn of foot and high cruising speed, on softish ground that turn of foot is blunted and hes half the horse he is on gd or firm

Pinatubo does look a terrible price though and I’d definitely be looking to take him on, what with i couldnt be sure until I know the ground and who is definitely running

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2227

I thought 1 mile would stretch him a bit as well FF91 after seeing the Sussex, once he got back on a more conventional track.

After the race the trainer said “I am delighted with the run from Siskin. He is the best three-year-old. He came to win his race and he was outstayed by two older horses. There were no excuses and that is all I asked for coming into the race that we would have no excuses.”

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Wheres the going you are working off FF?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.