The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix Moulin 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Moulin 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5990

VICTOR LUDORUM 14/1

Pinatubo a hot fave but not proven at a 1m yet as look to get outstayed for me the selection has to be french guineas winner he not stay 1m2 and return to 1m in this race

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

I can’t have the notion that Pinatubo doesn’t last home a mile. It’s been talked about all year but it’s just not true. He placed in the two hottest 3 year old Group 1s of the season. Neither Palace Pier or Kameko outstayed him, they were just better horses.

That said I’ll probably take him on as well at the current prices. I’ve little idea whose definitely going to lineup against him though. Do you have a good idea Darren? Otherwise I’ll wait for the decs I think.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Romanised has Mosse jocked up.

Siskin is travelling over, which makes his 14-1 insane in my opinion.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Siskin, is he? That’s very interesting, dry all week in Paris as well, is he 100% going?

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Just had a look through the last 12 runnings, not once on GF. Tricky one, not sure I think he’s as effective on Good or softer. It was just on the easy side of Good in the Sussex and I don’t think he enjoyed it as much as the Irish 2000.

How confident can we be that it will be on the fast side of Good on Sunday? Not very I’d say with France and overwatering tracks.

It was very tempting as a maximum bet for me, but now I’m hesitating.

Do France have something like Turftrax.co.uk?

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Not that I know of, which is the annoying bit with betting French racing, and something I don’t do a lot at all. However every forecast I see is dry pretty much until Sunday and mid 20s… so you’d hope the ground would be decent anyway.
    14/1 was too good to turn down, given A good few are already ruled out from running.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

There must be a reason why the last 12 years has been no better than Good at this time of the year in Paris, can’t have been unsettled every year, so they must be watering constantly to keep it Good and then I’d say its 50/50 then whether it’s the slow side or fast side of Good. I think it will make a difference. Had it been on the fast side of Good in the Sussex, I’d have backed him I think.

That said, it is a mad price you are right, there is no chance 14/1 (in fact now best priced 12/1) will last after the final decs, as most of them are not running.

Just don’t know whether to play each way or not. I’m not sure he’s guaranteed to finish top 3 if it’s on the easy side of Good, so I think I’ll back him to win

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3935

14/1 was too good to turn down

I think 12’s is as well. Nice one Jack :yes:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Taken the 12s EW, now on Ground watch!

yeah good spot Jack

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Cheers Jack. I’m on each way at 14s :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2226

Not sure how Siskin can beat Circus Maximus having not beat him getting 8lbs on a fast track like Goodwood, and trying to beat him here getting 4lbs on a stiffer track. And that’s not taking Pinatubo and Romanised into account.
    Circus Maximus is a rock hard horse to pass. Proper tough when all is well.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2226

Just seen all the Siskin backers’ posts go in as I typed my last post. Looks like i’m alone on the anti Siskin train haha.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3935

7 entries after 1st forfeit.

The Jackie Express has departed the station CHOOO CHOOO

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Mike, it’s the fact he’s 14/1 and Circus is 5/1 and tbh, i don’t even know does Circus go?? I’d have Siskin a 5-1 shot for the Moulin myself.

Also, i sort’ve think while Keane gave Siskin a great ride, he did have to come round all the horses and to be swinging behind San Donato still i thought was very good. It might have used up more energy than ideal for his finishing effort.
    The weight for age is open for debate, but is there to allow the 3yos that extra weight as they progress, so you’d hope on only his 3rd start he’d have progressed some more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.