Pot Luck 3

This topic contains 141 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  greenasgrass 5 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Yorkhill jumped OK with nobody in the plate in the Plate:

4.30 Yorkhill 7/4 b365 3pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

+19.5 pts
    pts staked 144

Yorkhill finished off a good Galway for me which puts me back in the black.
    I hadn’t put my Plate bets on this thread but Ravenhill scraping a place cancelled out my Pylonthepressure and Yorkhill losses.
    New horses to follow from the week for me:
    Borice, Russian Diamond, Dandy Mag.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Good to see him back in the Winners Enclosure, well done, and I see he’s off to Listowel next.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Well, backing Mullins drifters never works out great for me…but was tempted enough by Listen Dear this evening. At the weights, based on ratings over obstacles there’s not much to choose between herself snd Sole Pretender, but Jody Townend takes a chunky 7lb off.

Her results last year suggest that her star may be on the wane, but they must think she’s worth carrying on with, unless of course she wouldn’t go in foal or something and they had no other option. Likes to race prominently as does the fav- who’s in cracking form- so he won’t let her have things all her own way but she’s worth a small interest.

8.20 Tramore Listen Dear 3-1 1pt win

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

GAG, sorry i didn’t see this i’m on my hols. Own a bit of LD- she had a cyst remove which prevented her going in foal!

Ruby made fair points about her jumpign being her greatest asset and not only that but her + SP killed eachother there i suspect. Her first run back, my main worry was her fitness over 2miles on the flat. She does stay it of course, but the way she likes to race, i think maybe the trip won’t have been ideal either.

Pretty disappointed tbh, i wanted her in foal the season before, but lost the “vote”. She was always going to struggle in open company vs the big boys, she’s a slight mare + dominating them from the front ain’t as easy.

There are still races to be won with her i am certain, races where she gets into a rhythm from the front she’s hard to catch. Tonight’s race just wasn’t ideal from the start.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Forgot you had an interest in her Jack, didn’t see the race just the fact that she was stone last by quite a way so had worried she wasn’t right, but if it was just a combo of lack of race fitness + pace war + no obstacles to get in the way of the others then that’s not so bad. I should have heeded the pink on oddschecker and also channelled Ginger to deduce the likelihood of a pace burnup and left her alone!
    On the bright side the admirable Jaime Somers was the beneficiary.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays…the weather today was OK but apart from that you really haven’t been missing much.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Forgot to add the next bet. Pylonthepressure and Barra kept each other company trailing up the hill at Galway whilst Borice was back in his stable eating pony nuts. Going to keep faith with the big fella though:

5.00 Tramore Pylonthepressure 9/4 3.5pts win

Odd staking amount due to my fondness for having my account at a round number. It’s kind of like wanting to hit the perfect £X0.00 at the fuel pump. Whether placing the bet leaves the account at £X0.00 or potentially winning the bet brings it up to £Y0.00 depends on optimism/pessimism mood balance on any given day. I can hear Ginger sighing from here, should he happen to read this thread, which I suspect he doesn’t ;-)

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

6.15 Curragh Southern France 2-1 1pt win

Not the horse I thought he was going to be this year but token bet.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

I don’t know if Pylonthepressure survived; screens were still up on the next circuit :negative:

Small bets today
    2.30 Perth Holy Motivation 2-1 0.5pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

3.05 Perth John Mor 7/2 1pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Little bollix fancied an early bath

3.15 Ripon
    Gulliver
    Lancelot du Lac
    0.5pt ew 6pl both 33-1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

3.35 Newbury Hey Gaman 7/2 1pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Well, this isn’t going quite as superbly as I’d hoped.
    I’m off for a walk.

Market Rasen
    5.30 Bold Record 5/2
    7.00 Dark Invader 13/2
    7.30 Bletchley Castle 12/1

Tramore
    6.10 West Coast Time 2/1
    7.40 CJ Cregg 5/1
    8 10 Cliff House 6/1

All 0.5pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

+9.5
    Pts staked 157

Killarney starts tomorrow but I can’t find a standout bet and everything I touched turned to poo last weekend so will be very restrained and limit myself to my star horse at York tomorrow:

3.35 York Crystal Ocean 11/10 5pts win

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

A few interesting contests tomorrow GAG.

Party Playboy is of interest for me at 4/1. Ran very well at Goodwood over a marathon trip on the flat, so 2m7 should be no bother to him tomorrow ( though he did find it a bother at Punchestown). He is probably still pretty well handicapped off 111. The horse he beat with ease at DR is now rated 112 himself, having won easy at dpk (probably well placed by Cromwell as usual!). The 3rd at DR Ashqar is also now rated 106, having finished a close 2nd next time + then catching the eye at Galway in the novice event.

Ballyoisin in the 2nd last, he could go either way in the market, but i’ve taken 7/2. Even with the weight, O’Keeffe is helping in a big way + he’s comfortably the best here. Fitness taken on trust, and given connections that could be daft. He wants good ground, so the warm temps tomorrow will help as it sits at yielding now. He clearly had a setback at Xmas so my 7/2 could be 12/1 tomorrow and i’ll know it’s a loser!

Good to see RDC back out tomorrow after her scare at Galway.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.