Pot Luck 2

This topic contains 75 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  greenasgrass 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Great effort from Bapaume there, good shout, and no harm in getting done by Presenting Percy.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Great quality race to start the DRF…I like both CoF and Dunvegan and couldn’t choose so went with another I have a soft spot for

1.50 Leo Getareason 20-1 PP
    1/5 odds but 4 places
    0.5pt EW

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Disappointed not to see Drovers Lane in The Reynoldstown. Really like your shout for him in RSA, but might hold off just now.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Two Mullins contenders for Naas tomorrow.
    First my beloved Robin :heart: Hope it doesn’t rain too much.

1545 Robin des Foret 11/2 1pt EW
    1650 Bellow Mome 20-1 1 pt EW.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Fair old price for the pair of them Grass. I really like that Bellow Mome, smashing comeback at Gowran, and on another day I’d be with him.

I’ll be willing on Robin for you, hope he does the business.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

I jolly hope he does the business too as Monatomic is a NR, leaving 4 horses in the race and disappearing my EW stake in a puff of smoke. That’ll teach me to back horses EW the night before in a 5 runner race! Annoyingly, the place half of the bet is lost even if he wins. I had always thought that there was one place (1st) in a 4 runner race but apparently not.
    On the flipside, because there are only 4 runners and therefore no places, he has drifted to 8-1 so hurrah for BOG. He just has to win now….

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Correction: he has drifted to 9-1 and is the outsider of the field.
    So I did the only sensible thing and stuck a fiver on ;-)

1545 Naas Robin des Foret 9-1 5pts win

Come on Robin!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Well that was grim. He gave himself a fair old wrench behind at the first and looked miserable thereafter. Hope he is OK.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Grass, surely something amiss, as that wasn’t the horse that we’ve seen before.

Hopefully he can bounce back.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Only seen him jump like that once before, when he finished lame.
    Onwards and hopefully upwards. Since I’ve been wittering on about how good I think Redhotfillypeppers is going to be over fences I’d better back her today. This is the race that Mullins had considered for Pravalaguna if she hadn’t gone to Cheltenham.
    RHFP should relish the trip and deal with the ground no problem.

Limerick 4.15 Redhotfillypeppers 6/4 4pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Little sentimental bet on Caltex in the first at Aintree. Was a good enough hurdler with some reasonable form over the smaller obstacles and shouldn’t mind the ground.

1.45 Aintree Caltex 80-1 1pt EW

Also 4.05 Polidam 28-1 1 pt EW.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Only a few big meetings left this season so a couple of token bets.

Fairyhouse
    2.20 Christopher Robin 10-1 0.5pt EW
    2.50 Sancta Simona 40-1 1pt EW

The latter’s price is ominous but I can’t desert her now. :heart: She ought to like the ground better than at Cheltenham.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

16.25 Voix du Reve 7/2 1pt win PP
    In the hope that the fences don’t get in the way…

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Just a couple of bets today. Tombstone has had a hard season acting as hare for other Giggi horses etc; and bled at one point too. But he is decent and has had a little bit of a break. 20s perhaps a little too long. Have done win only as I don’t really like doing EW for 2 places.

Could’ve gone for a stack in the Irish National but have kept it to two only and small stakes.

Fairyhouse
    3.50 Tombstone 20-1 0.5pt win
    5.00 C’est Jersey 20-1 1pt EW
    Acapella Bourgeois 33-1 1pt EW

Both the latter two had other potential engagements so interesting that they have gone here; both also fresh.
    I’ll just suck it up if Whisperinthebreeze or Bellow Mome win, who I was quite keen on. Bellow Mome had an entry in the Topham this year…I’ll watch him closely over this trip in this company with a view to next year ;-)

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

Flying Angel is NR so my only bet in the big race is

Sandown 3.35 Present Man 18-1 0.5pt EW

Was 6pl when I backed him last night but I think they’re only paying 5 due to the NRs.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.