The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 7

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

1750 Curragh
    Numerian, Protagonist, Nebo
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£88.80

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

After a difficult Saturday, screamed home Mr Lupton at The Curragh, and the 18’s more than paid for those yesterday as well, so a big relief.

Romantic Proposal ran ok, and to be honest, it’s looking increasingly like they’re not sure what to make of her.

I’m not sure I’ll bet Equilateral again, while Numerian has had better rides. He’ll always be on the radar, and wouldn’t surprise me to see him get an entry in The Balmoral.

There was also a pleasant surprise with Wembley, who I’ve got at 50’s for The 2000 Guineas. No luck in running, and would probably have snatched it, so very hopeful with him as well.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5988

Bob any views on golf US open thread up it is

Any views on NFL that thread up to

hope you been ok to

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Yeah, all good here Darren

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Cracking card at Ayr tomorrow, but sitting it out, as far too many selections.

Ayr

Nicholas T, Glasses Up

True Blue Moon, Tommy G

2 x 50p Reverse Exactas

-£90.80

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Another decent days racing, and yet another cracking card at Ayr.

Notebook horse Vive La Difference runs in the 1655, and I managed to get 7’s. Hopeful of a big run.

I do like a go in The Bronze Cup, but not as wide range of fancies this year. Happy to stick with bottom weight Paddy Power.

In the 1520, I’ve had an early go on Conga. Looks a tough task on paper, but I’ve been quite impressed with her attitude this year, and I’ll be disappointed if she doesn’t outrun the odds.

At Newbury, I’ll have a smaller interest on Stylehunter in the 1430, but it’s a hot race, and be no surprise if this is just beyond him. Worth a go though, and I think he looks overpriced at 12’s.

1430 Newbury – Stylehunter 12’s
    1520 Ayr – Conga 80’s EW 4 Places
    Bronze Cup – Paddy Power EW 6 Places
    1655 Ayr – Vive La Difference 7’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Bronze Cup
    Paddy Power, Flying Pursuit
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£91.80

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Moving quickly on from Fridays selections…..

Always like a good go on The Ayr Gold Cup, but bit more reserved this year.

Mr Lupton was my main fancy at the entry stage, but missed the 33’s for this, although that blow was softened in good style at The Curragh last week. I’ll go with him, early fancy Wise Counsel, and Gulliver here. Gulliver must bounce back at some point, so why not here? Fairly small bets for me for a change in this, but I’ll be happy to nab the winner.

In The Silver Cup, I’m still considering Arbalet, but at the moment I’ll just go with my fancy for the big one, Get Knotted.

The Doonside Cup is obviously all about Euchen Glen for me, and can’t believe I can get 12’s tonight. I’ll certainly top up if I see bigger.

If I hadn’t started a thread on The Dubai Duty Free, I’d probably sit it out, but I’ll still probably bet Breden. I bet him last night, but have since cashed out. I can’t work the race out……

Breden – Crazy odds, but well beaten after a long absence

Chatez – Capable on his day, Spring Cup Winner here, and before his entry here, I was going to revert to him for The Cambridgeshire.

Good Birthday – More than capable, and I was coming round to him for The Cambridgeshire.

Tenbury Wells – Progressive sort, and yet another I liked for Newmarket.

At Navan, I’ll be watching Risk Factor very closely in the opener, as I think he’s a horse I’ll follow this year, particularly for the spring festivals, but too short here. Later on in the card, I’ll be betting Don’t Let Go.

Another who’s too short is Mithras at Newbury, but one I think could be very good.

1345 Navan – Don’t Let Go
    Doonside Cup – Euchen Glen 12’s
    Ayr Silver Cup – Get Knotted EW 6pls
    Ayr Gold Cup – Mr Lupton
    Ayr Gold Cup – Gulliver
    Ayr Gold Cup – Wise Counsel

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Breden a Non Runner at Newbury, which tidies things up a bit.

I think Tenbury Wells wins, but I’ll also add Chatez in running if he’s looking like a going day. There’s obviously the chance that I’ll miss the 40’s, but I took this approach with him at Sandown earlier in the season, and that went to plan.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Dubai Duty Free
    Chatez, Tenbury Wells, Good Birthday
    10p Combination Tricasts

-£93

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Ayr Gold Cup
    Gulliver, Mr Lupton, Wise Counsel
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts
    60p Straight Tricast

-£96

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

No joy today. Euchen Glen and Get Knotted were the big bets, and I at least got money back for Euchen in running.

Not as concerned with Gold Cup, as a smaller betting race this year, which is just as well, as Get Knotted was desperate in The Silver Cup.

I ditched the plan with The Dubai Duty Free, and just bet Chatez. It was before the off, rather in running, and he ran ok. It didn’t scream “Cambridgeshire”, and he must be touch and go to get declared on Monday, but I had an early bet at 80’s.

Of the ones I didn’t bet, Mithras was bang average, but I’m still very interested in Risk Factor for the spring.

Great card at Listowel tomorrow, but I’ll give it a swerve.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Antepost Update

Long Distance Cup
    Goshen 33’s EW

QE2
    Regal Reality 50’s EW

2000 Guineas
    Forest of Dreams 50’s EW

1000 Guineas
    Monday 33’s EW

Oaks
    Monday 33’s EW

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Always love a good go on The Kerry National, and as per big race thread, I’m with…..

Cap York
    Plan of Attack
    Spyglass Hill

Not quite to the amounts I usually bet in this race, and I’m kicking myself for missing the bigger Antepost prices, but I’ll still be delighted if one comes in.

It’s a really decent card at Listowel, and there’s a few who really catch the eye, but are too short.

I’ve still got a notion of betting Malone Road for The Champion Hurdle at 66’s, while I’m very interested in how the seasons goes for You Raised Me Up. Both too short here though.

If The Kerry National pays its way, I’ll try Stacks Mountain, but he’s short enough to chance without other winners.

I’ve taken 33’s for Rum Runner at Redcar. I bet him twice last season, and he was brutal, being particularly slowly away. He was that bad, that me, and I think it was Krypton, agreed not to back him again. However, bit more promise last time, and this trip should suit.

1550 Redcar – Rum Runner 33’s EW 4pls
    Kerry National – Cap York 25’s
    Kerry National – Plan of Attack 7’s
    Kerry National – Spyglass Hill 10’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

1550 Redcar
    Run Runner, Regal Mirage
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£97

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.