The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 7

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 381 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Much more like it today.

Didn’t start too well with Orvar running just ok, before two lifeless runs from my pair in The Pertemps.

All good after that though. Frodon and Euchen Glen in the space of twenty minutes was one of the highlights of the season. The manner in which they both won was the icing on the cake. Happy happy days. Unusual for Euchen not to be the biggest bet of the day, that was Frodon, but with the pair of them at 13-2, and 8’s, I was absolutely delighted.

Throw in Get Knotted EW 16’s, nice profit on Numerian in running, and a free bet with Melburnian, and it was as good a Saturday as I could ask for.

Definitely back for more tomorrow.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Really looking forward to Midnight Shadow in The Old Roan. It’s probably not ideal that Danny Cook is out, but hopefully Sean Quinlan can get a tune out of him. He’s already got a Scottish Champion Hurdle, Relkeel, and a Dipper to his name, so it would be nice to get another recognised prize to his name. On Antepost, but I’d consider topping up.

His stablemate Vintage Clouds looks a big price in The Veterans, and I had to go with him, as he’s run well at this meeting before. Theatre Guide could surprise too, but I’m hoping he’s one for The Badger Ales.

Elsewhere on the card, Crixus’s Escape, and Point of Principle look very tempting at current prices, and there’s a bit of blue for the former, so I’ll bet him just now, with a view to going back in if he drifts.

At Wexford, I’m giving Scoir Mear another chance. He didn’t disgrace himself (eventually) in The Munster National, but conversely, he wasn’t exactly screaming out for a drop in trip. Tricky, but at 16’s, happy to find out.

At Galway, notebook horse At The Acorn is back, and he’s another with question mark over the trip. Probably short enough, but I’m sure there’ll be a plan with him, and although I’ll no doubt back him anyway, the plan right now is to back him if I have any luck earlier.

1322 Aintree – Vintage Clouds 12’s
    Old Roan Chase – Midnight Shadow 12’s
    1432 Aintree – Crixus’s Escape 12’s
    1542 Aintree – Point of Principle 20’s
    1555 Wexford – Scoir Mear 16’s

Sungold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

Scoir Mear was an inspired selection, VtC. He absolutely pulverised the field (albeit there were two non runners). However, on that form, I can’t see that any of those would have got anywhere near him.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Please tell me you backed Del Arca Bobby. Must be the first time ever I didn’t back him. Or Mohaayed ew. Gutted doesn’t come close. Mind you he, thankfully, wasn’t much of a price….that would have REALLY hurt….

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

I didn’t Moe, what was I thinking?

Mohaayed very interesting run though, and not totally discounted for The Greatwood. Best run for ages that.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Thanks Sungold, what a performance from him, he blew them away. I knew he had it in him. Chuffed with that 16’s, and gave me a cracking return, which put me well ahead on the day, which was a relief, as the others all flopped badly.

Very happy with how how the weekend went, but hopefully that’s me until Saturday now.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2891

Another weekend another big winner lol! Lovely, won easy too. :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Well, given that I didn’t back my old cliff horses Mohaayad and Del Arca yesterday I made a point of backing Custard the Dragon today. I’ve just remembered that I didn’t back Brian the Snail when he won the other day either. I’m down to £4 in my account now so am getting a bit desperate!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Ran well last week Moe, so best of luck.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Thanks Jack, really enjoyed that one.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

…even Custard lets me down….

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Unlucky Moe

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 271

If there are any shares going in Euchen Glen,I will let you know.

Tremendous start by the looks of it,with the good stuff to come.

I will be watching those Ante-Post numbers closely.

VWP ,best of luck for the NH season.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Good to see you made it mate. A share in Euchen would be something else, what a horse he’s been. November Handicap is the plan next.

Yeah, comfortably my best ever start to a season, it’s been unreal, just got to keep it going now.

Big Races will be coming thick and fast now, and controlling the Antepost bets will help…………but there will be a few no doubt, to add to the following list.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Always love Charlie Hall Day, great days racing.

Ascot
    Unusually for this card, I only have one race I’m getting involved in, and that’s The Sodexo Gold Cup. Always a difficult affair, but it looks a renewal up to the usual standard. Missed the 12’s for Valtor, and the 10’s for Black Corton, but conversely, I’ll be getting a better price for Regal Encore. In the end I’ll leave out Valtor, as I can’t have three in this, but I’ll certainly be with the other two.

Ayr
    In the opener, Roxboro Road really catches the eye. Not overly impressive in his early runs for this yard, but Haslam tends to get a tune out of them eventually, and with a full preseason in his care, I think he can make an impression here.

The 1417 is an interesting race. I really like Milvale and Planet Nine. I think Milvale could be very good, and I’ll probably bet him too, but I think off a break, Planet Nine could surprise at a price. Conditions should suit.

Down Royal
    I really don’t want to bet in The Ladbroke Champion Chase, as it looks one to just enjoy. I love Delta Work, but his run in this last year is a concern. No complaints if he wins. I’d kick myself if The Storyteller won at 7’s when he’s in the best form of his life. My hands are tied with him.

No doubt the most competitive race of the day, and that’s The WKD Hurdle. It’s a serious line up. Ten Ten, Cayd Boy, Got Trunped, and Ex Patriot all look dangerous. I was torn between the JP duo, Hearts Are Trumps, and Campeador. Campeador is a crazy price, having been given a proper chance, though he’s not as common sense a selection as Hearts Are Trumps.

Wetherby
    It’s the best Charlie Hall I can remember, great line up, and could make a case for most of them. I missed the 50’s for Aye Right, but took 28’s. He’s getting bet, so I’ll almost certainly lay off a free bet.

I’m with Midnights Gift Antepost in The Mares Hurdle, and for all it’s hard to make a case for Samsung Gunner in the last, he’s at least been given a chance by handicapper, and is a huge price on, admittedly distant, old form.

1307 Ayr – Roxboro Road 15-2
    WKD Hurdle – Campeador 50’s EW 5pls
    Mares Hurdle – Midnights Gift 25’s EW 3pl
    1417 Ayr – Planet Nine
    Champion Chase – The Storyteller 7’s
    Sodexo Gold Cup – Black Corton 13-2
    Sodexo Gold Cup – Regal Encore
    1555 Wetherby – Sam’s Gunner 50’s EW 5pl

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 381 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.