The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

Happy enough with that yesterday, money back safely for Numerian, and Pettinger did the business at a nice 33’s.

I’ll obviously be following Numerian more often than not, but Pettinger will win for sure, but I’ll only try him at a price.

There were excuses for Katiyman, but even before being hampered, I’m not sure he’d have featured.

• Total Posts 17609

Had a wee go there on Chatez there in The Diomed, but he was well beaten.

Only other I fancy betting today is Jon Ess in the 1815 at Curragh. Big price, been in decent form the last 12 months, and 10lb claimer up. Had a few quid on.

Jon Ess 22’s EW 5 Places

• Total Posts 17609

I really didn’t want The Mouse Doctor to sneak in to the 1815, nor Sheisdiesel for that matter, so no option but to cover them.

I’ll have lays in place for the three of them, and hopefully a couple of them can be close at the business end.

The Mouse Doctor 20’s
    Sheisdiesel 28’s

1815 Curragh
    Jon Ess, The Mouse Doctor, Sheisdiesel
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

+£12.20

• Total Posts 17609

I’ll have horses run worse this season than Jon Ess did, but there won’t be many.

The other pair ran ok, but didn’t scrape a penny back.

Definitely not in the mood to bet after that, but there are a few I’ll be watching at Doncaster. I was tempted with Orvar, but I’d like him a few points bigger. Two real favourites in El Astronaute and Euchen Glen running. Astronaute is maybe a bit short, and Dakota Gold looks a worthy favourite. Euchen Glen was a real money spinner for me two years ago, and he’ll hopefully come on for this after his setback.

• Total Posts 17609

Really happy with that trio on Sunday.

Orvar ran a cracker, and El Astronaute won easy. If I’d known he was going to hit 9-2, I’d have bet him, but he’ll come again.

As for Euchen Glen, everything appears to be in working order, and I look forward to him later in the year.

• Total Posts 17609

Day 1 Royal Ascot

Bit rushed today.

The opener is a cracker, but it’s tough as well. I’ve a slight preference for Keyser Soze, and took 16’s, but Motakhaayel appeals at the same price, so I’ve taken the pair of them for modest win bets.

Billesdon Brook is my Antepost in The Queen Anne. I’ve topped up 25’s Win, and 5 places EW 20’s.

The Ribblesdale is quickly passed over, as is The King Edward.

Kings Stand is more like it, and I’ve went with Equilateral 14’s.

The Duke Of Cambridge is a hot race, but Agincourt is the Antepost pick, and I’ve topped up 66’s EW 4 Places.

The Ascot Stakes is some race, but at this moment in time, no idea.

Buckingham Palace
    Keyser Soze, Motakhaayel, Gifted Master
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

+£9.80

• Total Posts 17609

Can’t argue at all with today.

Great start with Motakhaayel at the 16’s, money back in running for Billesdon Brook, and Agincourt going so close at 66’s.

Topped off with Equilateral in the EW perms, and pressure off for the week.

• Total Posts 17609

On to Day 2.

In the Royal Hunt Cup consolation race, I’m siding with old Zhui Feng at 20’s. Nice enough run last week, and I think he’s weighted to run well. I’ll have a saver on Goring and Smile A Mile too.

In the big one I’m sticking with Afaak. 16’s seems very fair to me.

I had a long look at Astimegoesby, and I might still save on him, but selection is Get It at 16’s.

Finally, in The Copper Horse, I’ll go out on a limb with Amazing Red at 40’s.

No BOG yet, so I’ll top up if they go dramatically bigger.

Zhui Feng 20’s
    Afaak 16’s
    Get It 16’s
    Amazing Red 40’s

• Total Posts 17609

Silver Royal Hunt Cup
    Zhui Feng, Goring, Smile A Mile
    20p Forecasts and Tricasts

Windsor Castle
    Get It, Astimegoesby
    50p Reverse Exacta

+£6.40

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

Great stuff Vtc
    I was half thinking of cheering Agincourt on as I knew you had napped her but my selection was Nazreef so was shouting at him and getting funny looks from Alex lol
    Could have gone either way

Member since March 2008
    • Total Posts 17609

Cheers Nath, she ran a screamer. Needed money back for her, and our other selection, Billesdon Brook, as they were the days big bets, so I’ve got a smile on my face, even if I didn’t immediately after the line lol.

Well done with Nazeef mate.

• Total Posts 17609

Royal Hunt Cup
    Afaak, Kynren
    80p Reverse Exacta

+£4.80

• Total Posts 17609

Copper Horse Handicap
    Amazing Red, Dubai Horizon
    50 Combination Forecasts

Edited

+£3.80

• Total Posts 17609

Washout today.

Only main bet was Afaak, but unfortunately, never close to clawing the stake back, and my first losing Hunt Cup in a long time.

The only silver lining I can grasp at was that the Consolation race was drastically reduced stakes.

• Total Posts 17609

Day 3

Can’t be any worse than yesterday. Well actually it can, and not that confident about about today.

In The Golden Gates, I’ve went with Tritonic at 10’s. I’m not mad confident, but it would be nice to start the day well.

The Wolferton is a cracker, but no bet. I really liked Fox Tal last year, and he’ll definitely be going in the perms however. Problem with this race is that I also like Regal Reality, and have an EW notion for Forest Ranger, so no option but to sit it out.

The Jersey is a belter, and I’ve went with Monarch of Egypt at 7’s, while I’ll definitely be betting Ropey Guest to five places. He’s as big as 66’s, and I can see him outrunning those odds.

I’ve stuck my neck out with Overwrite in The Britannia, and I’ve topped him up to max places, but the market ain’t interested.

Tritonic 10’s
    Ropey Guest EW 5 Places
    Monarch of Egypt 7’s
    Overwrite 40’s EW 6 Places

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.