National Hunt Chase 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 National Hunt Chase 2020

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by charlie87 charlie87 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

My long term fancy for this has always been Galvin. He really caught my eye last year as a Novice Hurdler, but his future always looked to belong over fences, and I think the further the better for him. He’s not quoted for this yet, but I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t come into the picture for this.

His stablemate, Champagne Classic is another who looks tailor made for this. He came back from injury last year, but with the ground often against him, we just didn’t get to see him at his best. I think he’ll have a very big season. He’s currently 20’s, and that seems fair.

Carefully Selected is another one to be interested in here. He was late on the scene last year, but he did very well when eventually seen, and I think this could be an option. He chased home Minella Indo when last seen, along with stablemate Allaho, who’s another who might have this as an option.

One horse who’s always interested me is Palmers Hill. I’ve no idea about his current wellbeing, he’s not been seen since winning in style here last November, but considering connections, if all was well with him, I could see him targeted here. Darasso, another owner by JP, might be another to take note of for this.

Midnight Run hasn’t even jumped a hurdle in public yet, but I can see him going over fences sooner rather than later. Very promising horse, who should have a big season. If his future lay over fences, then this would be an obvious target.

I prefer a big yard for this race, and with that in mind, the Paul Nicholls trained Master Tommytucker ticks a lot of boxes, should he be good to go after last seasons setback.

Early days of course, and no money down, but these are the early ones on the radar.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

Very early calls, but i’ll note them down anyway:

Deal D’estruval: Might be miles off here as he wasn’t seen last season, he’s back training, whether he’s the same horse or not who knows! Went off 7/1 in the Martin Pipe, won his maiden hurdle over 2m5 + shaped like a proper stayer that day. His 2nd at Leopardstown behind Off You Go is decent form, OYG is now rated 151 over hurdles.

Early Doors- Cheltenham form, stays well + the owner loves one for this. Plenty of class + someone like Derek O’Connor would probably take the ride. He’s priced too- 33/1!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Champagne Classic and Carefully Selected are the two in my book at this stage. Both fairly obvious, Gordon has earmarked the NHC for Champagne Classic. Carefully selected a dark horse according to Ruby’s Facebook Q&A yesterday and hopefully he ends up here and not the RSA. Worth noting Hills still have Champagne Classic listed in their any race market at 25/1 which can be boosted to 27/1, vs 20’s elsewhere.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Jack, Early Doors was high on my shortlist for this, having obviously beaten Dallas Des Pictons, but I cooled when I read they were considering going back over hurdles.

I was wrong though, and my mind obviously playing tricks on me, he actually said….

Early Doors made a good start over fences at the Galway Festival and he has gone home for a break since then. The plan is to have him back on the racecourse after Christmas and we’ll looking forward to a spring campaign with him over fences

Consider him on my shortlist too, I’m losing it FFS

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

Aren’t we all! That’s very interesting. I didn’t see them mention he was off on a holiday already. Some life eh! 1 run after 139days off! He does go well fresh so it’s not a worry.

If he was to come here though, they’d need to get him qualified. He’d need to run once more and it would need to be over 2miles 7f 1/2 at least…..

So i shall await a nice prep race for him in the early spring if he’s to show here!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 698

Lisnagar oscar looked a very strong stayer today but couldnt jump for toffee

Could be of interest if he sorts his jumping out

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Very happy with Champagne Classic at Fairyhouse, and though early days, it was a decent start for him.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Me too VTC. Did it fairly effortlessly and looked like he would have no problem going further

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.