The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National Hunt Chase 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 National Hunt Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

I was quite suprised he suggested this is the target, He looks like he could win the RSA

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1239

Didnt think much of his jumping

Champagne classic would take half a length off him at every fence

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

They are at different stages of their careers though. Classic has had a fair few more chase starts. Carefully Selected has a big engine + if going here will get away with jumping safer at the slower pace. Whether that means he’s good enough to beat classic or not is another thing. I personally think he very much would be.

Yesterday’s run was all about the experience as he’s very light there. He did it well over a trip probably too short. Some have said the others didn’t try….Speak Easy was certainly trying before he fell and he’s a decent yardstick.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I wouldn’t want CS in front anywhere other than after the last as he’s made mistakes, looked ponderous and slowed into his fences when leading.

I think they’ll go here now unless the RSA cuts up

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1082

Carefully Selected is not yet eligible for this race I believe

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Needs a run over 3 TWM which is why the ten up and a few other races have been mentioned

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

A little blue on oddschecker for Early Doors. I’ve added another point on him. Personally think right now, he could be one of the best bets of the festival with a view to shortening up.
    Probably hasn’t the actual class of the other two but he has:

Form at the track
    Qualified for the race
    JP owned- that i can see the only one that is likely to get there
    Likely to have a crack amateur on because of owner/trainer
    Qualified- Carefully Selected still needs to do that

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1191

Had been having a look at him myself Jack as i like the horse but isn’t staying the trip a large worry?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Had been having a look at him myself Jack as i like the horse but isn’t staying the trip a large worry?

I suppose it’s no certainty but he was staying on at Galway + more recently didn’t look a non-stayer over 3m1 when impeded badly?

If it was a complete bog i’d worry more, but i’d like to think he’d be given a ride by one of the top amateurs probably DOC + produced at the business end if all went to plan. He might not win all the same as the front 2 are potentially very classy animals but the 33s just screams shortener to me!

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1191

Aye i can see DOC taking the ride and 33s is probably a bit big each way even with the distance concern.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

That lasted long…not even entered. Lovely, very strange.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

I was never convinced in Carefully Selected on half decent ground been saying for a while. Today was further evidence. Now that the race is less of a stamina test I’ve convinced myself that a sound Champagne Classic will coast home.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

The mistakes are when he leads, so hopefully he’ll be dropped in at Cheltenham. Don’t know why Townend keeps making tha same mistake.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1239

A fair few firms have cut champagne classic and lengthened carefully selected

Not surprising as he walked through that fence, make a mistake like that against better opposition and its race ove

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

Don’t think it made any difference today that he led as he was lobbing along his own pace without being pressured. At Cheltenham his jumping will get found out whatever the tactics unless he sorts it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.