The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

Stable name is Hughes
    thanks BigG
    and send my love to Anna.. :good:

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

If possible BigG i’m happy to sacrifice my zero points in exchange to put in a new stable from scratch
    maybe you could twist Anna’s arm

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Thanks Jac, I’m glad we got a favourable response from Anna. I did mention that I hadn’t
    submitted a stable because of some fancied horses running not being available for selection,
    but I think I had a choice, I could have entered a stable, but once you entered the competition
    you didn’t have a choice. I think that the case I was making to Anna was on behalf of those who
    entered the competition and I don’t want to add on bits now. I’m happy that she has come up with
    a solution that was acceptable to me and I’ll leave it there. Thanks for the thought Jac, I appreciate
    that and I’m sure your response to them acted as a pincer movement from us both on behalf of TRF B-)

I’ll wait until I get an update from Nathan, Tonge and Euroalien and anyone else from TRF who might
    come forward.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Hi Nathan, I hear what you say, but if she gives you an extra swap it effectively lets you
    have a new stable with 5 lives remaining. It might be a bit like having your cake and eating
    it if she were to a allow new stable and 6 swaps. I hope that’s ok

Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

Of course it is BigG, thank you for your efforts
    How does the swaps work?
    I’m a bit slow getting my head around them. is it one change per time or can you multi swap horses ??

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

You can make 1 swap or the complete stable in one go Nathan, both count as 1 swap. That
    was why I mentioned that the extra swap allowed you to select a completely new stable and
    you will still have 5 swaps left to use :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

I see, didn’t realise that
    thanks BigG… :bye: :bye:

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

That’s really decent of you Graham and so pleased that everyone who missed out on those missing horses is getting the chance to have an extra swap, I’m certainly going to use mine wisely.

Really looking forward to the next Meydan Thursday and getting our heads together to mull over the runners once more. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

Oh wow – that is really good Graham! Thanks Mate! A full swap of all horses is perfect.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Cheers Euro, it gives you a fresh start and any points you have managed
    to get from your stable when there was a restricted selection choice
    stay with you. I think it’s a good deal :good:

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1156

Hi Grham

My stable name is stevej75. Thanks for your help with this.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

I think we are just waiting for Tonge to give her stable name, and nwalton if
    he put a stable in prior to raceday last Thursday. I’ll send off the names in
    one go rather rather than dribs and drabs. Hopefully I can have everyones partics
    over the weekend and get them off by Monday at the latest :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

I hope Tonge and nwalton check in here today and notice we are looking for their stable names.
    The messaging system seems to be, like a few other things on the site, not working properly. I
    just typed up a message to Tonge and it said it had been sent okay, but when I checked the message
    I found it had been sent to someone completely different :unsure:

I really want to get my reply back to Anna by tomorrow morning at the latest, so Tonge and nwalton,
    if you check in here today could you leave me your stable name please :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

Hopefully Tonge will pop by here tomorrow Graham to have a look at the ‘decs’ and can leave her details then. Not sure if nwalton is playing but he usually likes to let us know when the ‘decs’ are out so he may be here tomorrow also.

The messaging system seems completely up the creek and not recognising members names. My profile has me down as being a member here for 20 years :wacko: I think it’s been 8 or 9 years at a push so I think that there are still ‘gremlins’ at work on here…
    Someone has been creeping into The Lounge after midnight and feeding them :wacko:
    Come on David own up. :yes:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1975

Thanks Big G but it would not let read it kept going off screen before I could reply. So please don’t think I was rude
    By not answering to you directly. I have not entered a team
    for the carnival, good luck to all who have

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.