The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

It’s been a long wait but Meydan World Cup 25th Anniversary kicks off in 10 days time on 2nd January.

Hoping the usual suspects and some new players will come and join us in this just for fun competition (unless Godolphin stomp up a few prizes :whistle: which judging by last year when Graham (Big G) was our winner is as distant a prospect as snow on Christmas day in Dubai. :wacko:

STABLE SELECTION IS NOW OPEN :yahoo:

https://club.godolphin.com/your-fantasy-stable

Go out and choose a good one and Good Luck :mail: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

I’m in Jac, I hope they have got their act together a bit more and offer replacements
    more timely. Still no sign of a league of leagues, nonetheless I’m very much looking
    forward to the Meydan races and the compy too :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I might give this a try. :unsure: I’ve never tried one of the Godolphin competitions before. :scratch: Any advice on strategy would be appreciated. :-)

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

Great to have you back Graham :good: and welcome Euro I think you will enjoy this.

Judging by your performance in the Jumps 10 to Follow Euro I doubt you need any advice re strategy. The only thing I could say is choose your stable carefully and make sure the horses you do choose have entries or are at least on the fit list. As last seasons comp points are awarded wherever a Godolphin horse is running not just at Meydan racecourse, so plenty of points to rack up.

You will notice we report back end of each week with our points and I will make up a Leaderboard.

BigG is our man who keeps an ear to the ground regarding the rules and if there might be an inkling that we could make up a TRF League but expect that as last year it will be on individual efforts.

Hope we can also include discussion about various horses on here for some of the Meydan races and how we rate their chances and hoping nwalton will pop in and join us as know how much he likes Meydan season. :good:

Really looking forward to this being mainly a flat racing fan and all my 10 To Follow horses seem to be keeping warm in their stables or have knocked themselves out for the season..even Bristol De Mai isn’t turning up on Thursday..any idea why Graham or Euro??

Best of luck with chosing your Stables…Jac :rose:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I’ll give it a go even though I’m more of a jumps fan. Looking forward to the interactions on this thread. Should be fun.

No clue about why Bristol de Mai is not running tomorrow.

Merry Christmas

Euro

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

All being well will have a list of Horses entered in this competition
    by the start time.

Hoping that Godolphin take more interest this time and put up more Bonus options.

Not expecting to be the winner of our league but I did enjoy the interaction last time
    between all of you.

Anyway for now bye :bye:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

Hi Guys have a fab Christmas
    Is it points for Dubai only or will All weather count..??

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

Hi Nathan :bye:
    Yes All weather counts for Fantasy League Stable in fact anywhere a Godolphin horse is running, you just get less points for the lower grade races.

Thanks Euro hopefully BDM will run again soon. Merry Christmas to you and John great to have you back. :good:

Just noticed it’s turned Christmas Day so HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone. :yahoo:
    Jac

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21670

Was there any news on Quorto..??

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

I did read that Charlie Appleby was looking to the top mile races in 2020 for Quorto Nathan and he is currently in Dubai so fingers crossed we will see him out soon. :heart:
    Hopefully more news will surface during the Meydan Festival.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Hi guys, I’m just getting round to sorting out my stable, but I’ve noticed, if my reading of
    this is correct, a change to the rules from the previous Godolphin Competition as per the following
    rule.

i) The competition includes all races that are part of the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse between the dates of Thursday, 2 January and Saturday, 28 March 2020 (Dubai World Cup Carnival meetings are on 2 Jan 2020, 9 Jan 2020, 16 Jan 2020, 23 Jan 2020, 30 Jan 2020, 6 Feb 2020, 13 Feb 2020, 20 Feb 2020, 27 Feb 2019, 7 Mar 2020 and 28 Mar 2020).

My reading of this is that races outside of the Dubai World Cup Carnival are not counted, whereas last
    time you could pick Godolphin horses running in the UK, France, US etc as long as the were on the list.
    There is nowhere in the rules that suggests that points are awarded for races outside of the Carnival,
    So if you fancy a horse that they have on their list because it is down to run elsewhere, don’t get
    caught out.

Anyone having a different view on this please post it up.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9469

Thanks for highlighting that Graham :good: So this really is restricted to Godolphin horses running at Meydan ONLY over the next 3 months.
    Do we still have the option of 3 Stable changes during that period?

Love the way Godolphin keep changing the goalposts. Thank goodness we have you Graham to keep us all on the right Track ;-) Jac

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Hello to all of you

Trying to complete my entry, not having any real idea of how to chose.

I agree with Big G about which races count and on the subject of changes we all have 5 horses to start
    plus any which are retired or withdrawn from training. The below is a copy from the Godolphin web site.

a) Members have the option to change the composition of their stable five times during the course of the
    competition to replace some, or all, of the ten horses in their stable or select the Lucky Dip option

e) As this fantasy game is based on real horses in Godolphin’s stables, there may be occasions when horses come out of training. If one of these affected horses are in a member’s stable, they will receive an email notification informing them that their stable is incomplete and inviting them to replace the horse that has been removed so they have a complete stable of ten horses. For clarification sake, the replacement of a horse that has come out of training will not affect the number of Horse Swaps each member has been allocated.

All the best for your entries :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Hi Jac, you still have 5 swaps during the competition, the only change I can see
    is that the rules state “the competition includes all races that are part of the
    Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan racecourse”. Not sure why they have made this
    change, it certainly cuts down your chance of pinching a decent one that’s a bit
    under the radar that you have spotted running in such as a German Group race or
    one across the channel.

Hope you had a nice christmas Jac and the odd winner or two maybe :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Thanks John, I had Jac’s reply typed up and then realised hours later I still had it
    sitting not sent. I sent it and then clocked you had already updated things. Cheers
    for that and best of luck :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.