The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Best of luck Steve :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

I don’t know what the boys in blue are playing at this time, but the words “half” and
    “botched” come to mind. This first week is such a shocker, half their horses not in the
    list, and none in the only group race of the day. It won’t be hard to mark my score up
    this week Jac, I can tell you in advance……it’s a big fat zero :wacko:
    I’m giving this first week a complete miss, and hope that things look a little more
    promising next week. Best of luck to all that have been a bit braver than me, I hope
    you manage to bag some points today :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Have to agree Graham it’s a bit of a disgrace that they have as you say ‘botched up’ the list of horses that we can make choices from. The only explanation I can give is that they were unsure if those horses were going to go over to Meydan at the time of drawing up the list as both Final Song and my other choice Dubai Legacy have been campaigned in the UK. I think perhaps we may be seeing a few additions to that list further down the line but once again the competition is not really playing the game.

I’ve actually put in a stable as I think Mountain Hunter is the only one that has a real chance from the list today and could kick start a few points although I’ve backed Pablo Escobarr to beat him. My other horses are just guesses but as the competition doesn’t really get started until February it might be worth waiting a while to see how things pan out.
    I did consider sitting out but I’m just itching to get stuck in to some flat action. :yes:

Still time to put in a stable Graham but fully understand why you think it might be worth waiting a while.

Good luck to all players, looks like a quiet day at the office as far as players concerned but things can only get better. Go out and find those winners :good: ..Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Now I am totally annoyed with Godolphin as both Final Song and Dubai Legacy have appeared on the list and the top of the leaderboard have Final Song on their chosen list and 450 points were available today.
    Now I chose my stable about 9.00pm last night and those horses were not available. Bearing in mind almost all of us would have had Final Song as a chosen horse this is totally unfair to players and I will definitely be sending an email tomorrow and expect Graham will be pretty mad too.. :mail:
    What a shambles :wacko:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

At least I have a contact now Jac as I queried that the competition only related to
    horses running at Meydan as I didn’t want to be giving false information. I got a helpful
    polite email back from Anna Ridges, Group Digital and Brand Manager, Darley Stallions at
    Newmarket confirming that was the case. She finished off with “Please don’t hestate to
    drop me a line if you need any more information”. She might regret that invitation when
    she heads into work tomorrow :mail:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

What a shambles their “organization” is…. :negative: takes all the fun out of the contest. Wish I’d waited now before entering a stable.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Look forward to hearing what Ms.Ridges has to say Graham, they don’t have a clue about how to run a fair competition and my guess is, along with ourselves, they have upset a fair few people.

The only horse that should have earned points yesterday was Major Partnership
    250 points..Final Song 120 points and Gifts of Gold 80 points were added to the list less than 24 hours before they ran and those points should in fairness be deducted….now HOW are they going to explain that to those who genuinely thought those horses WERE on the list. :unsure:

So sorry Euro that your first experience of this competition has been such a negative one, but rest assured when it comes to the rules and regs you don’t want to mess with our BigG and I wouldn’t like to be in Anna Ridges shoes this morning. :mail:

Graham for what it’s worth I have also sent an email to UAE UK..in fact I think it went 5 times according to the automated reply I got as I had to keep proving that I wasn’t a Robot :wacko: To be honest I think Robots would have made a better job of this. :yes:
    Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Also, are they going to continue adding to the list as more horses arrive at Meydan from the UK? :unsure:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

I managed to pick Major Partnership so am actually in joint 25th place (along with several thousand others). I have had no email to alert me to the points though, so that’s also something else that isn’t working yet. Also seething about Final Song as she was by far the most obvious pick of the day. It’s weird that they seem so hopelessly unprepared for this competition. No as if they haven’t known it’s coming up for some time.

[update – I take it back. Email has just come through. Apparently I’m a natural at this…!!]

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Well done with Major Partnership Tonge that puts you top of our Leaderboard although in truth you should also have been joint top of the Fantasy League also.

Thought Dubai Legacy was given a funny ride by Soumillion almost trying not to win, he’ll be there next time and take nothing away from a great win by MP. :good:

We’ll wait and see what sort of an excuse they offer up to Graham but this makes it that you really can’t trust the competition makers and will have to hang on and swap your stable a few hours before the racing begins…Jac :rose:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Well it seems my rather pointed email did not fall on deaf ears………

Hi Graham

Unfortunately there was a glitch with the horses initially available for selection which meant some were missing. Due to the Christmas break, this wasn’t picked up until yesterday when we acted to rectify this.

If you are able to provide details of your players affected, I will arrange for them to be given one additional swap as a gesture of goodwill. I hope this meets with your approval.

Kind regards

Anna Ridges
    Group Digital and Brand Manager

If all those that submitted a stable, with the likes of Final Song not available at that time,
    could leave me their names and Stable names, I will pass it on to Anna and she will update your
    stable with a further swap. I know things have gone wrong in the competition but it’s quite
    refreshing when someone holds their hands up and says “sorry, we were wrong”. I think this is a
    good outcome and I’ll pass on the details once I have received the particulars of those who
    submitted a stable prior to them updating the list, which probably means prior to the actual day
    of the competition starting. I wish I had stuck in a stable now lol, but I’m happy that those that
    did wont suffer because of Godolphins initial problems. If anyone doesn’t want to leave me their
    name on here they can send me a private message.

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Many thanks BigG for your efforts in trying to contact Godolphin and getting a good response from them.

My stable is named JohnGooch1947.

It was rather difficult to chose a list without all the options being available, but in the long run
    maybe not the end of the world.

I did enjoy playing this competition and all the other ones on theracingforum in the last year, and getting to know some of you a little better.

Once again many thanks

John Gooch :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Well done Graham and thank you for your efforts on our behalf.
    I also got copied into your email as I had myself sent in a complaint to UAE UK last night (5 of them ha ha :whistle: ) and mentioned being a member of TRF Anna Ridges must have linked the two together and replied to mine also. She mentioned you personally by name Graham so I think you must have made an impact on her.

Although not ideal that we have lost 120 points for Final Song and possibly some might have also chosen Gifts Of Gold who also suddenly appeared on the list (80 points), I think it is fair that we are being offered an extra swap by Godolphin.

Also Graham although you think you shouldn’t put your name forward to receive 6 swaps I think you should because I know, and would vouch for you, that you would have chosen Final Song for your stable as you tipped her up with me on my DLAP Thread Thursday morning and the fact that herself and Dubai Legacy weren’t among the list of runners put you off setting up a stable. You would have been 120 points at least on the current leaderboard.

As requested my stable name is..
    trueblue

Thanks again Graham for getting us the extra swap as compensation. :heart: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Thanks for that John and I’m glad you are enjoying the competitions, I’m a big fan too.
    I’ll wait till I get the stable names of the others and I’ll send them off to Anna so she
    can add your extra swap :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

Thanks for helping to sort this out Graham – My stable name is Euroalien

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.