The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Hi Graham and John :bye: :bye: ..had a chaotic but fun Christmas thank you Graham and hope yours was good too. We spent a whole afternoon watching Carry On Films..Classic :good:

Nice to have some time to study up on some flat horses and I’m off to Chelmsford on 2nd January :yahoo: where 2 or 3 Godolphin horses will be running but sadly not part of the Fantasy League :unsure:

Looking down the list of horses provided for us to choose from they are all horses currently in training in the UAE and most should be race fit but a big problem from this limited list could be that further into the competition Godolphin will want to bring horses over from the UK or even France to compete in the higher grade contests and these horses would not have been included in the list, so we are extremely limited in our choices to the point that a lot of people will start off with a stable including all Godolphin horses running on 2nd January which might be half their stable :wacko:
    The decs should be out by Tuesday.

It seems a strange turn around to have just Meydan races with so many Godolphin horses running worldwide. :scratch:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1990

Just to let you know Jac the devs are out on the Emirates racing site.
    Good luck to all this carnival :good:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1990

Blooming spell check that should say decs.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Great to see you back nw (don’t worry about the spellcheck) :bye: now I know the flat season isn’t too far off and what better way to kick start the New Year than with the boys in blue and racing at Meydan.

Will get those decs up in 10 minutes from my PC as the mobile doesn’t copy the link so well and looking closely
    we’re going to have our work cut out choosing our first stable.

Hope we can also give a mention to non Godolphin horses that we think might stand a chance so that we can keep all Meydan discussion here on one Thread…
    Jac :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Here we go and good luck everyone…..

http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=2970

Excited to see that William Haggas has brought my favourite big white faced Pablo Escobarr over to Meydan to take on the Godolphin horses in the first race.

Some horses double declared so will look closer in a few days time.
    Jac
    :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Just trying to sort out a stable and found that two of my choices declared to run on Thursday at Meydan are NOT on the list of horses to choose from..in total they have given us only 57 horses to make our selections from. :unsure:

Finding it difficult to decide on a decent stable now for the first few weeks but expect it will get easier as it progresses.
    Jac :rose:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I started working on mine today Jac and had the same problem. Horses I wanted were not in the competition… :scratch: seems a little chaotic to me. :unsure: :cry: :wacko:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

I think they have messed it up at the moment Euro :wacko: They only have 3 or 4 horses that could win tomorrow and two of them aren’t on the list making it an almost impossible task to put a stable together.

It might even be an idea to sit it out this week as there is no deadline to enter and I’m sure they will be getting a few (thousand) emails about this today. :yes:

Best of luck Euro for when we do come under starters orders and be interesting to hear how other players are fairing. Jac :good:

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1156

I’ve joined – they don’t seem to have private leagues though – or at least I can’t see one!

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6700

We’ve been asking for private leagues Steve, but as yet they haven’t introduced any. We
    have posted our scores up on here in previous competitions and Jac keeps us in check :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I’ve entered a stable as I’m not sure I’ll be any smarter waiting for changes to the list of horses. We’ll see how it goes. Good Luck to all and Happy New Year!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Good luck Euro…I haven’t put in a stable yet but may get one together tonight.

Meanwhile have done a write up on on a few that I fancy running in each race tomorrow, bit lengthy to put on here so started a Thread which can now be found in the DLAP’s section and hope you will add some of the horses that you all think will win or run well. :good:

Here is the link, see you there …

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Look forward to some brilliant racing and lots of winners.
    Jac :bye:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1166

Thanks Jac. I created my stable yesterday as I thought I might be too busy & forget. I also fancied Final Song & Dubai Legacy but neither is on the list. I have no idea if any of the horses I picked are even going to Dubai, let alone if they have any chance. With most of these sort of competitions, you can make unlimited changes right up to the deadline but it’s not the case with this one as I wanted to swap Ghaiyyath in (him being the only one I’ve seen actually confirmed) but it would have counted as one of my 5 swaps so I didn’t bother.

Good luck everyone

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9503

Great to have you back Tonge :good:
    I will get some sort of stable together tonight or tomorrow but not happy that they have restricted our choices so much, Have about 13 to mull over and not including Ghaiyyath or Quorto at this stage. Like you no idea if any of them have entries over the next few Thursdays. :unsure:

Don’t worry about horses not actually being in Dubai as all on the list are currently at Godolphin’s Marmoom stables nearby so hopefully most will get a run.

Quorto is set for the big mile contests when he eventually reappears and as Ghaiyyath runs his best races fresh I guess Charlie Appleby will not run him too soon in the Festival. Cross Counter and Old Persian also on the active list but no idea when they will run and he did mention a couple of nice three year olds so will have to guess who they might be from the list I’m hoping one might be Final Song tomorrow. :good:

Most of the best Group races come around mid-February onwards so will be looking to do a first swap around then.

:mail: Don’t forget to keep an eagle eye out for those illusive Bonus Races :mail:

Good luck with your stables.
    Jac :good:

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1156

Thanks for the info BigG – appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.