The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

We live in an androgenous world where some people describe themselves as ‘it’

There’s far too much choice today and people get confused – ask any old East German.

A statement like ” I think women jockeys should be supported ” can be taken two ways. There is far too much discourse today. I am a mute as I wear a rubber half mask and face shield when out and it so happened a woman shop assistant was curious yesterday and actually spoke to the alien. “Can you breathe she asked ?’ I spoke but she seemed to raise her voice and said ” I cant HEAR YOU ” at which I gave her a thumbs up which made her look confused.

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

Adam Wedge is a man’s man, he doesn’t get “man flu”

Member since March 2008
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2124

Adam Wedge has manned up and issued an apology.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 666

The fact Wedge has had to apologise to the permanently offended who use twitter is ridiculous. It was a harmless turn of phrase and he said nothing wrong.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

It is ridiculous indeed. Not as ridiculous as that Sam Smith geezer wanting to be referred to as them, though. Glad I’m not growing up in a world where such nonsense abounds.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 666

It would be interesting to know how many people actually complained. I bet it was less than double figures.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 53

Just when is all this PC nonsense going to stop?
    Who is going to make a stand because if you do in isolation, your literally shot down, career ended, vilified.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 491

Seems to be the opposite GSP on this particular forum topic.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 53

Well, again we are the silent majority appears, but what force is out there keeping us quiet, the media.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26637

I think a “man’s ride” is nothing to do with women. it is a left over expression from many years ago (possibly before women were even allowed to ride). Meaning the horse is an established jockey’s ride. ie A “man’s” ride rather than a conditional “boy’s” ride.

value is everything
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2124

I knew what he meant. He knew what He meant. Totally unoffensive.
    Now if People would stop saying “Listen” and “Look” in every utterance….

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Presumably we’ll never hear again that a horse “ran” for the “feminine touch”?
    If we do, there will have to be an investigation.

I see Maddy Playle based her column in the Weekender on Adam Wedge’s comments and on how bad they were. How disappointing? I’m glad I don’t buy that rag any more, maybe she needs the publicity or worse still, maybe she truly believes it?

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

I’m glad to live in a world where people are free to express themselves in such ways rather than being criminalised for it. It’s just a shame that they have to put up with the professionally outraged who feel the need to question it despite their decision to be referred to as he/she/it/them or whatever else having absolutely no effect anyone else’s life in any way.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

That’s fair enough, Richard, or do you prefer to be called Dick?

I’d like to be referred to as Sir from now on – Cheers

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Mr. Smith has also said he wants to be a mummy :wacko: He’s a man and therefore cannot ever be a mummy. People who pander to him are doing him no favours imo

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.