The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    patriot1patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

What was that about!?!

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 524

I find the whole show boring.
    The pictures of the racing I don’t like especially when the car is in front of the horses you havbe no idea whats happening half the time. Just show the racing.
    Mick Fitzgerald is the Oxford dictionary description of boring.
    Luke tries but is actually trying.
    I like Chappers but he does go on to much sometimes.
    Nobody says it as punters would like for example when a jockey gives a bad ride, say so. Don’t make excuses for them, it’s their job.

Peter Poston's GhostPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 546

I must agree that the ‘Pure Theatre’ theme music and visuals (and the incidental music come to that, bloody Chandelier) is rank bad. Bring back the ’70s ITV Racing theme tune
    =========================

Can I speak in defence of the theme tune which I regard as being stirring and well crafted? It’s the visuals that accompany it that are corny and need binning.

I enjoy watching Ed, Blake, Weaver and Ruby. Francesca’s OK but drops a fair few clangers and the thought of her and the dreadful Oli Bell practicing bedroom gymnastics put me off my kedgeree.

Oli, Alice, Harvey, Persad and McCoy add nothing for me.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 42

How many names have you mentioned there PP, and there’s still a number missing.
    Do they need so many presenters?
    It really seems they throw as many as they can on there in the hope viewers at least like a couple.

Even after three years, if the music is still be debated it must suggest it’s a problem.

I like your username by the way. My Dad used to go on about Peter Poston and would point out running rails by the side of the road where I believe he trained near Maldon, Essex.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Cumani is awful. Compare and contrast with Jane Mangan on RTV. ITV would be better off hiring her instead.

Peter Poston's GhostPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 546

Had to laugh recently when after Battleground’s recent Goodwood victory she was commenting on the horse’s pedigree.

She correctly identified and praised Found as the dam but was disappointed that War Front was the sire. That, she opined, would damage Battlegrounds’ stallion prospects saying that she would have preferred the horse to be by Galileo.

As Galileo is already the damsire I doubt such a closely inbred stallion would find much favour.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Yes. The whole point about Coolmore buying Wooton Basset is because they are desperate for a sire without Northern Dancer to the forefront of the pedigree as a suitable stallion to cover all their Galileo mares. Although I expect this news was lost on Ms Cumani.

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4609

Lovely to see Cartmel on ITV this afternoon – it’s a quirky, but beautiful course.

One of those courses where you see more on TV than you ever will on course, even from the integrity tower.

The nearest to point-to-point you’ll find at a regular course.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Cartmel is good but character building when you get the Lake District rain! It is more like an Irish countryside track than an English course.

Fakenham has the feel of a point to point about it as well.

Crepello1957Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 711

I have been watching TV racing since the late 1960s and I have seen many presenters over the years. I have enjoyed the post lockdown coverage as the “team” have been a bit more engaged with racing and there have more shots of the horses. Today’s coverage was slightly poorer as few of the runners were seen in the parade ring and none going down, I hope this will not be the shape of things to come. I thought that some of the pictures might have been from a different source as few of the horses corresponded to those described on view, one of the main gripes for me is that I am not sure what is going on the screen and there is little clarity, I find that I am having to use a mobile in my hand to see the runners in the race, this was not the case in older coverage of racing.

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4609

Probably even more so than Cartmel thinking about it – I had forgotten about Fakenham – how remiss

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Maybe ITV should hire Seb Sanders – at least he is not bland. I saw him on SSR about a week ago. In the space of 5 minutes he slagged off a winning ride by Jamie Spencer and then tore into Calum Shepherd for getting beaten on an odds on chance at Chepstow. Alex Hammond was almost lost for words!

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Fakenham has the feel of a point to point about it as well.

Very much by design. The course was referred to as West Norfolk Hunt rather than Fakenham a good many decades ago, and the hunt of that name still hosts its point-to-point there every spring.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Lovely to see Cartmel on ITV this afternoon – it’s a quirky, but beautiful course.

One of those courses where you see more on TV than you ever will on course, even from the integrity tower.

The nearest to point-to-point you’ll find at a regular course.

I think you can probably guess how pleased I was to see Cartmel gaining some terrestrial coverage this last weekend, Paul :-) . My favourite Rules course of the lot, although I’m still not entirely used to seeing the place with no spectators save connections and a few curious villagers peering over the stone wall. Cartmel in August means crowds, and big ones.

Grand to hear Bomber on commentary duty also.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Cartmel and Fakenham are real success stories. Neither ever had that much racing but both have far more fixtures now. Many so called big tracks would give anything for the crowds Cartmel gets.

I shocked myself a bit when I checked my race cards and found I have not been to Fakenham since 2007. I have always fancied going there on Gold Cup day but I am not convinced crowds will be back on racecourses next March.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.