The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If he beats STS what would his value be?

Breeders arent stupid….there going to breed from the best racehorse with the best tempremant etc….STS win that hands down especially with his Form over various trips and in the biggest races. His pedigree is far ahead of the other 3 Ballydoyle animals

STS will be used everytime ahead of RVW/Master/F+G

So Coolmore cant beat him in the Pedigree side of things so they have to try and beat him on the racetrack and that is proving very hard indeed.

If they can crack that nut its worth a fortune….if they dont the breeding line will grow and grow for STS.

Especially now that Coolmore that have a Huge amount of Top Class Stallions already at there disposal….there not going to let a chance like this slip away.

For the record i think F+G would face a impossible task if the ground was good to firm. He just doesnt seem to quicken nearly enough to take on this animal over 1m2f

I have to agree F + G would be up against it and on breeding vaues who knows but if Raven’s Pass hadn’t reversed placing with Henry he certainly wouldn’t be worth what he is now. The only way I can still see Coolmore coming out of this rubbing their hands together is if Rip Van Winkle can win the E2 the win in the USA. He has a realistic chance but I have severe doubts about F + G

• Total Posts 1511

Why are people saying "IF" Sea The Stars will run.

The ground is Good, Good To Firm in places(today) despite all this rain and we are in for a good next week weather wise.

7/4 STS layers Lucking like MUGS NOW as if they rang the course they would have told them the ground instead of listening to those idiots on the media outlets

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I cannot believe that Yorkshire feels so badly about Coolmore. Without them the 3yo races in England would have nobody to challenge the Curragh boys.Coolmore and Oxx have shared 1st and 2nd in all the big group one races for 3yo colts this year with the exception of the guineas and they beat the second in that race on a rerun.If Aidan had stayed at home who would make STS run? Come on Pudding; give Aidan credit for saving the season for English racing

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Of course it would Z and I’ve said it often enough. It could be Kinane has said he might not get the trip in a true run race or that he feels 1m2f is perfect for him. Oxx’s is job is to make sure he doesn’t get beat and so far he’s done exactly that.

Will be a big plus for AOB is the rain stops play, then big question must be will we ever se Sea the Stars again?

With STS trading at 13/8 on Betfair (11/10 FAG), we might never see him again anyway?

It dosent matter what the odds are mate, it’s the market depth. STS might be those odds, but you won’t get much money on it. Some people lay good odds but lay very little money on it, in the hope that the next person lays a good bit of money at a higher price so they can snap it up.

I backed F&G myself. The ammount of money laid on a horse is more indicative of what’s happening, as opposed to the odds themself. You no doubt knew that anyway.

I have been looking at Betfair with a view to start using my account with them but it seems there is no interest in backing or laying either horse. As a matter of interest if you had 1000 quid on Sea the Stars 15/8 right now do you think it would be matched if people thought both would run? At a guess I would say no chance but I never use Betfair and I am just being curious.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

For me its about the son of great racemare/broodmare going tow to tow with the coolmore stallion band and the might of the worlds mightiest racing organisation. Coolmore have the best trainer, facilties and bloodstock on the planet.

They have three of the best colts of their generation at a mile, ten furlongs and twelve furlongs.

Yet here is a colt who is their nemasis. Great for the sport as its one horse verses an empire, but for him Coolmore would have had a season from heaven.

I applaud for Coolmore for trying too knock out the champion, but they must be rueing not being able too buy him as a foal…

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Dear Yorkshire Pudding,If I am not mistaking I know another group with a lot more money than Coolmore who must be eating their heart out that they could not buy such a proven racehorse.Finally somebody with enough money and a love of racing as well to look them in the eye and say no! Go breed your own.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

I have nothing against Godolphin. I think it is only right that Frankie Detorri should be riding the top horses and performing the flying dismount, it’s good for racing.

BUT, does anyone else agree that their spending seems to have gotten a bit out of hand recently?! I just don’t like the way success can be bought, it makes it harder for the small people (not physically, Mr.Fabre :wink: ) in the sport.

BeeforsalmonJNCC
    • Total Posts 10

frankie is 1 of the best jockeys in the world and godolphin are a good outfit.
    but what annoys me is they never show up for any of our big races and they can put horses in races on the other side of the world!!!!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

It will be nice to see the Boys in Blue back next year.Also Henry. Now if we could get rid of Coolmore and get back the Aga Khan we could rejoice in the return of the old order.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I have nothing against Godolphin. I think it is only right that Frankie Detorri should be riding the top horses and performing the flying dismount, it’s good for racing.

BUT, does anyone else agree that their spending seems to have gotten a bit out of hand recently?! I just don’t like the way success can be bought, it makes it harder for the small people (not physically, Mr.Fabre :wink: ) in the sport.

It cetainly does seem like they are buying anything that shows the least bit of potential at times. The fact they get it wrong a lot of the time doesn’t seem to deter them either. Money to burn I suppose.

I have no idea how much they paid for Urban Poet but I would imagine the original owner made a small fortune. It’s fine Andy saying tell them go and breed your own but then you would have two fools..they one that made the offer and the one that didn’t sell.

Kite Wood was bought for 6 million to hopefully win the Derby and missed it and if he doesn’t win the St Leger???? I would consider that way out of hand……..I want Sea the Stars left leg and his tail for 6 milion :wink:

• Total Posts 1537

Of course it would Z and I’ve said it often enough. It could be Kinane has said he might not get the trip in a true run race or that he feels 1m2f is perfect for him. Oxx’s is job is to make sure he doesn’t get beat and so far he’s done exactly that.

Will be a big plus for AOB is the rain stops play, then big question must be will we ever se Sea the Stars again?

With STS trading at 13/8 on Betfair (11/10 FAG), we might never see him again anyway?

It dosent matter what the odds are mate, it’s the market depth. STS might be those odds, but you won’t get much money on it. Some people lay good odds but lay very little money on it, in the hope that the next person lays a good bit of money at a higher price so they can snap it up.

I backed F&G myself. The ammount of money laid on a horse is more indicative of what’s happening, as opposed to the odds themself. You no doubt knew that anyway.

I have been looking at Betfair with a view to start using my account with them but it seems there is no interest in backing or laying either horse. As a matter of interest if you had 1000 quid on Sea the Stars 15/8 right now do you think it would be matched if people thought both would run? At a guess I would say no chance but I never use Betfair and I am just being curious.

Nah. Someone would have to be brave to give 15/8 if they thought he was running. If he runs they know he will be alot thinner on the day.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

The spending got out of hand when Sheik Mohamed bought Woodlands in Oz for the debts of a few major banks!

Darleys breeding abilty isnt what it shoudl be given their resources. Why does Sheik Hamdans Shadwell studs have consistantcy in breeding stakes winners? The same comments apply too the Aga Khans breeding operation thats been around for donkeys years and Prince Khalid Adullahs Judmonte farms. All three have farms and horses in training in at least two countries.

All have bought good broodmares in varisous numbers that have come onto the market.

Speaking of breeding, look out for allot of inbreeding too ALLEGRETTA, she is the dam of Kings Best but her daughters and have also produced young group one winning stallions Galileo, Black Sam Bellamy,Annabaa Blue and Tamayuz among the others….

Sea The Stars has danced every dance asked him, his owner breeder still own him. He is rarity, they say everything has a price, his must be several kings ransoms. He could easily go too the Irish National Stud.

His sire stands for Darley and he has half brother stands in Ireland ( Galileo), England (Black Sam Bellamy) and in France ( Urban Ocean).

Liek his paternal half sister, Oiuji Board, he representeds a small owner breeder who has the balls too take on the super powers and not be seduced by their checkbooks.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Why are people saying "IF" Sea The Stars will run.

The ground is Good, Good To Firm in places(today) despite all this rain and we are in for a good next week weather wise.

7/4 STS layers Lucking like MUGS NOW as if they rang the course they would have told them the ground instead of listening to those idiots on the media outlets

…Eemm I don’t know where you get your information but it never stopped raining here for 12 hours today and they’re promising much more of the same for tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. I can’t see the great match up happening, though I hope I’m wrong.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Looks like their will be another young coolmore stallion with the Irish Champion stakes on his cv…

I wonder where next for Sea The Stars, please mr Ox bring him over for the St Leger, his class will bring him home.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

4/7 Sea The Stars looks like stealing money with rain forcast over the next 2 days. Oxx reckons if he doesn’t go he’ll train him for the Arc to see what the weather is like in France :roll: I’d be amazed if he put the horses rep on the line but he’s a brave man if he does.

Most interesting thing about this race on Saturday is for the first time we might just find out how good these 3yo’s really are.

All the talk has been about Fame and Glory and Sea the Stars but if the ground comes up soft or worse Fame and Glory will love the ground but so will Casual Conquest. Dermot Weld rested the latter then when he came back issued a warning the horse wasn’t 100%. He was duly beaten but came back and beat his old rival Curtain Call at the Curragh. That race will have put him spot on for this and back to the form that seen him destroy his stable companion Famous Name (won 3 times since) in the Tattersalls Gold Cup.

Casual Conquest could have waited 7 days for the Irish Leger but Weld says he runs here. If conditions do trun out as above I will be amazed if Fame and Glory can beat him as easily as he beat the others in the Irish Derby.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

How many more times will an all-age Group 1 be the "first time we might just find out how good these 3yo’s are"?

• Total Posts 1511

http://betting.betfair.ie/horse-racing/ … 40809.html

Here is a link direct to the track

Oxx said aslong as there Good in the going description.

Currently Good To Yielding Good in Places.

This is updated 2/3 times a day from Eoin Ryan from Betfair.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.