German races with British starters

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks German races with British starters

This topic contains 117 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by hein bollow hein bollow 5 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Really surprised to hear of the poor quality of jump racing in Germany Hein and the AW. Have you ever been over for any racing in the UK?

I would certainly love to visit Baden Baden but the closest I got to winning a luxury weekend there was writing my phone number on the back of a losing betting ticket at Newmarket on German Racing Day and putting it in a horse bucket passed round by Derek Thompson..
    sadly it wasn’t drawn out by the organisers :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

My only visit was to Leopardstown in 1997, which was a great experience.
    I played the only horse I knew from back home, it was the great Pilsudski, I played him for a 100 quid and he doubled my money :good:

Yes, Baden Baden is very pleasant to visit and I would say it is our best and healthiest track together with Düsseldorf. Only thing is that they put their emphasis on “glamour” and I like it more down to earth, which I certainly get at my home track Dortmund :-)

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Baden Baden sounds lovely Hein very similar to our Royal Ascot,and I love to dress up for an evening out, but find at racecourses it’s very restrictive unless you are going to plant yourself at the bar sipping Prosecco watching all the action on In House TV….Like you I want to be amongst the action and see where my hardearned cash is going. ;-)

I too have visited Leopardstown once some time ago and backed one winner ridden by Mick Kinane and I can’t remember the horses’ name :wacko: I did find the bookies there are very closed shop and it was difficult to get a decent price out of them..don’t know if that has changed much.

I’ll come back later later with a few thoughts about Newmarket on Saturday. I did open a Thread on the Cesarewitch Trial on Saturday which looks very interesting but only has a a small field of 12 which could get smaller..best of luck :rose: Jac

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Double posted :wacko:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Back to racing away from home and how unlucky was Mark Johnston’s filly Walk In Marrakesh not to hold on from Abscond in the Natalma Stakes in Canada yesterday. What an exciting finish…see it here

https://youtu.be/IW-Jb4YNHuA

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thanks Jac, my thread is getting really international know, but that’s fine with me :bye:

On Sunday there are probably some British starters in the G1 at Cologne, but I wait to post them till the final decs com on Thursday.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

The riders are already declared, so here we go:
    It’s a G1 at Cologne over 12f, our main contenders are Donjah and Derby winner Laccario who were slashed by Ghaiyyath last time, but who would blame them ;-) ?
    From GB come Best Solution (P. Cosgrave) whose current form is not too striking, but last year he won the G1 at Baden Baden; and also Aspetar (J. Watson) whose form doesn’t read too scary to me, but knowing the horse would be better, and I don’t :-(
    Any thoughts on this race?

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

I quite like the chances of Roger Charlton’s Aspetar in that race Hein :good:
    He’s by Al Kazeem who won The Prince Of Wales at Royal Ascot and the Tatts Gold Cup. He has won at Gp.2 Level at Chantilly ridden by James Doyle in a a fast time and last time out ran 4th behind Coronet at St Cloud just neck behind Lah Ti Dar (3rd).
    He won’t want anything firmer than Good ground and it’s a step up in class for him.

Best Solution was unlucky in running on his only start this season he was 7th but only 2 and three quarter lengths behind the winner Royal Line. I think he deserves another chance. :rose:

You know your German horses better than I Hein so how do you rate Laccario and Donjah’s chances? The former must be very highly rated. :rose: Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Yes Jac, Laccario should be the best German horse, but our Derby turned out quite weak, and Eddie Pedroza up is not the most reliable type.
    From the British starters I don’t like Best Solution simply for his trainer, I really see SBS as a criminal and wouldn’t play his horses. Sorry, but this hasn’t changed..
    Communique is declared also with Buick up, but his Baden form was so terrible.
    I must say Aspetar seems interesting, I went through his forms again and the one to Marmelo shows some serious stamina, which he will need here. Ground should be okay for him, good with some rest of juice. I can’t remember Charlton sending one over, and I really like Jason Watson riding.
    So this race is a tricky one, I will watch them in the paddock (only on stream) and consider Aspetar for playing place only, which is possible here. Would you think he brings my 50 € in the frame?

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Interesting the fact Laccario and Donjah were flat out against Ghaiyyath it might be worth going for the Roger Charlton horse Aspetar to get in the frame :good: He is a shrewd trainer and I like his sire Al Kazeem and also Jason Watson…so good luck and I think I will join you.

Communique is an interesting runner with Buick up, can never rule Johnston out of these races but he is very much like me and loves Newmarket, he has never been beaten on all his runs there. :good:

Agree with you and your thoughts on SBS but Best Solution is a talented horse and will improve on that awful last run but staying with the Charlton horse Aspetar best of luck on Sunday. :good: Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Aspetar won in fantastic style Jac :yahoo:
    Thank you so much for your expertise, that was some fantastic punting :bye: :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Thank you Hein and great result for the both of us :yahoo: :yahoo:
    Havent seen the race..do you have a link?
    What a horse :yahoo:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

No, unfortunately I can’t link the racebets stream, but I can tell you he was in a league of his own when Jason pushed the button :good:

No stopping, I already have the next one in focus:
    King Of Comedy is a fav of mine, although he brought me some losses so far :cry:
    He’s in the market for the Joel Stakes on Friday, I would get 7/4, which is quite skinny, but I am quite tempted, because I see his rivals much weaker than the ones he met before.
    On the other hand, he has to overcome his quirkiness, but now the Gosden form is very good and will probably make things easier, I would reckon.
    Do you know anything if he would really turn up here and if so, how would you rate his chances?
    Thanks in advance and enjoy the evening :bye:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Hi Hein…I’ll have a good look at that one tomorrow and reply back. :good:
    As far as KOC turning up I have not read anything and there may be those on here better in the know.

All I can say is he hasn’t been seen for a while and Gosden has such a star studded yard he will be looking for the right race for him to win.. :good: Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Fine, thank you so far Jac.
    I’ve created a thread for this race to gather some more opinions, but I would also deeply appreciate yours :bye:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.