German races with British starters

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks German races with British starters

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Thanks Hein :good: I took a real shine to Earthlight when I saw him in the pre parade, he knows he’s good and he prowled around the parade ring with a ‘don’t mess with me look in his eye’. The second horse Golden Horde is one to put on your notebook hein..he also caught my eye in the pre parade. :good: Big strong handsome chestnut by Lethal Force.
    Unlucky that Siskin turned over in the stalls and was withdrawn just before the off putting in place a hefty Rule 4 which whittled away almost a 5th of my winnings :wacko: but pleased to say Siskin fine and blame it on the blessed wind rattling the stalls which probably spooked him.

Ended the day with a nice win on Dubai Legacy trained by SBS ridden by Oisin Murphy. :good:

Mum’s Tipple couldn’t go the pace in Group 1 company today this was too big a step up from Class 2 for him, he is a nice enough horse but nowhere near this level yet, needs to drop back down.

Think most horses coped well with the windy conditions as it was blowing down the course today instead of across and a few records broken today by the 2 year olds. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Hi Nathan, I hope you read this here:
    Thore was riding in good old Germany today at Hannover, and he not only stole 2 victories (one for his dad!), he also claimed his future plans: After the end of his apprenticeship he intends to become first jockey with your friend Richard :good: So bye bye Levey, I would say ;-)

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20974

That’s good to read Hein
    He has a lot of ambition
    Hannon hasn’t had a steady number 1 since Richard Hughes and he was a big blow to lose not only for his riding but knowledge of future targets for horses

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Hi hein :bye:
    Just a quicky to Nathan while we’re talking about Hannon I noticed he’s been giving Tom Queally one or two rides lately as its quite well known he’s been having a hard time getting decent rides and winners and would be interesting to see how he goes on Canton Queen in the last at Newmarket on Saturday as when he has been given the call he has notched up a 33 per cent success rate for the yard.

If successful on Saturday and adding to his success maybe Tom Queally might also get regular calls to ride for Hannon. :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Hi Jac, sorry for reading this just now :bye:
    Well, you didn’t ask me, but I must admit I rate the current TPQ a very bad rider, you probably still have certain memories in mind when it comes to him, right :-) ?
    So I honestly hope for Hannon he discards the idea to engage Queally, not only for Thore’s sake..

May I ask you something, Jac:
    I saw you put up So Perfect in the Abbeye, racebets offers a head to head So Perfect versus Fairyland with the better odds for So Perfect. How would you rate SP’s chance in this duel, does she like soft ground etc?

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Hi Jac, I played this duel and So Perfect won it decisively :yahoo:
    So thank you for your (indirect) heads up, and I hope you had a pleasant day with your family :bye:
    The German horses had a brillant day at Longchamp, but I only enjoyed them, Alson and even Waldgeist too :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Hi Hein … Sorry I missed your question about So Perfect as have only just got home and getting ready to watch all the action in France.

Yes I would have favoured So Perfect over Fairyland and as you now know she goes in the soft..
    Thought she was very unlucky not to beat Fairyland last time and was hoping she would win today what a great price she went off well done hein and to Waldgeist too for winning the Arc. :good: Jac

Ps
    ..Queally was useless on Canton Queen almost as bad as Ryan Moore on Clerisy (dreadful ride) if she (Clerisy) comes out again very soon she is one to watch closely.. :yes: Jac

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Hi Jac, I would like to discuss a Frankel filly at Newmarket with you, so you should be interested :-) :
    It’s about Quadrilateral, I “discovered” her quite early, as you can see in the Frankel thread. In her first 2 races she was without opposition, but on Friday she steps up to G1 in the Fillies Mile, and for me it is not easy to rate her in this field:
    There is Love who already beat Daahyeh back home, we have Cayenne Pepper with strong Irish form, and Powerful Breeze represents your in form buddy Hugo Palmer, I even saw her win against Boomer.
    Nevertheless I would be tempted to play Quadrilateral, because she looked pure class and zero green.
    I get 2/1 here and think about 100€ stakes.
    What would you say about her chances against those rivals, and how would she like the Newmarket track?
    I watched the forecast, the rain should calm down and the ground should be nothing extreme.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

:good: I’ll be onto that later hein as just have to get my Saturday comp marked up..so excited that she has been supplemented and I will see her on Friday. :good:
    Ground and stiff mile on Rowley mile should be no problem for her having won her last race by 9 lengths♡☆
    Jac :rose:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

OK Hein I’ve taken a bit of time to have a look at the main players in this race and boy have you chosen a
    difficult one to fathom out..So lets start with your most fancied..
    QUADRILATERAL
    Holds a 1000 Guineas entry and she will not be inconvenienced by the ground having won on both Good/Soft and Good. She has to step up in class and distance here and it is a big step from Class 2 to a Group 1 contest, I don’t think she will have any trouble staying the stiff mile. Just a concern that she didn’t beat too much in her last race and might have been flattered by her winning distance, she did all that she could. To her advantage is that both her runs have been on a straight 7 furlongs whereas Love and Cayenne Pepper have run all their races in Ireland on turning tracks so there could be a question mark as to how they will handle Newmarket.
    POWERFUL BREEZE
    Is my least fancied of the big players, she has a very flat action so may not go on the ground and she doesn’t seem to have beaten anything progressive, her win on the straight mile at Doncaster last time out was won in an extremely slow time and I think others must be preffered here.
    LOVE
    Now it starts to get difficult because Aiden O’Brien has laid Love out for this race stating that he had kept her back at 7furlongs in Ireland before stepping her up to 1 mile in this race so she cannot be underestimated.
    She has been beaten at The Curragh in a Group 2 over 7furlongs on Yielding ground where she ran 5th to Alpine Star trained by Mrs John Harrington(Cayenne Pepper) before going on to win her latest Group 1 at The Curragh in fine style from Daahyeh and so wonderful..If the ground changes to Good I think she has a great chance.
    CAYENNE PEPPER – By one of my favourite sires Australia (Ouija Board :heart: ) this filly seems to go on any ground and providing she handles the track she is going to be the main danger here and Mrs John Harrington has a good idea what she has to do here to keep Cayenne Pepper’s unbeaten record in tact. I think this is the horse to beat on Friday. :good:

Having to step up in class from their Cl.2 race at Newmarket two weeks ago…
    QUEEN DAENERYS
    A beautiful Frankel filly with a huge powerful stride if she could take the leap up to win a Group 1 from the back of this race (which I think she could) then she is a good each way bet at 16/1. I think she held off the challenge of Wasaayef in fine fashion and with her white blaze and four white socks she is very reminiscent of her dad more especially in her action.

I hope this helps a little hein with your play on Quadrilateral, they must have supplemented to try to get her some black type and I think this will be achieved can’t see her being out of the first 3 home.

Cayenne Pepper to WIN
    Queen |Daenarys – Each Way

Love
    Love could be in the air if the ground turns good.. :heart:
    Best of luck
    Jac

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Thank you very much Jac for your detailed analysis :bye: :good:
    It’s not the result I fancy to read, as I already pushed the button for Quadrilateral.
    Agreed, this race is not an easy one to call, but I hope and am confident that Q’s class will prevail. Sure she comes from class 2, but she couldn’t do more than winning.. I think if she only repeats her form, the others will have a very tough nut to crack, and I even hope for considerable progression :good:
    I must admit that the market backs your theory, as the spicy horse is already shortening, but I try not to worry too much and hope Jason brings my filly home again :good:
    Best of luck for you too and thank you again :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Best of luck hein :good:
    It’s going to be easier when I’m there to see them on Saturday and I m really looking forward to seeing two Frankel girls running in this.
    As you say Quadrilateral looks very progressive so could be anything and
    I didn’t expect Queen Daenerys to be stepped up from class 4 to run in this they must think an awful lot of her at the Varian yard. :good: when you see her line up on Friday you will see why I like her so much. :heart:
    Wasaayef also deserves a mention as she carried 6lbs extra ehen 2nd to Queen Daenerys…hopefully will know more nearer the day..Jac :rose:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Fortunately she made it :yahoo:
    but it was closer than I expexted.
    As I saw it she clearly didn’t like the Newmarket track, but at least it wasn’t cursed for me this time :good: :bye:

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.