German races with British starters

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks German races with British starters

This topic contains 117 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by hein bollow hein bollow 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1240

Thank you Ruby, you stated this very precisely :good: .
    It is really odd that the Godolphins are still so highly respected here, but it’s quite lucrative to take them on..
    Who is then the best Godolphin trainer in your opinion?

The best Godolphin trainer in my opinion is Andre Fabre…. by a country mile.
    Hannon and Fahey have just too many horses in training and will never become a Godolphin-only operation.
    Charlie Appleby seems to get the best juveniles, but he doesn’t seem to have Classic winning material.

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

I think you guys are too harsh on Hawkbill and Racing History. They would have easily dominated the Gr.1 at the end of last year in Germany, if the riders didn´t think of Guignol as Savoir Vivre´s pacemaker. Here they probably ran into the best German horse. I think Markus Klug never had an Arc runner, despite all his success in Germany, so that he had this campaign mapped out with the Arc as the target shows how highly he rated Dschingis Secret and his improvement from 3 to 4.

Sure they are not Gr.1 winning superstars, but Hawkbill, Racing History and Wuheida are not mugs. Godolphin showed the proper respect imho. Do they even have any better middle distance horses in training? Wuheida´s only loss had been to RoyPoly, who in turn has only been beaten by a potential superstar in Winter. Also wasn´t obvious she would not stay.

This was good for German racing. It´s worse, when AOB sends his hurdlers in an attempt to win the German Derby. That´s disrespectful.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thamk you for your assessment, Ruby.

Yes Pete, maybe you are right, and I should have remained more diplomatic.
    In the end it really might be good for Germany that the Godolphins keep on coming.
    Right, Guignol’s win came from not being taken seriously, and Dschingis Secret was too good for them.
    Soon they will have another chance to send some horses to Baden Baden, if they are not deterred by Iquitos and Windstoß.

Noverre23
    Noverre23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17

There is a listed race over 7furlongs in Dusseldorf on Sunday. The british Horse is called Pirouette from the H. Morrison yard with Robert Winston on board. What are the thoughts of this horse? He is available at 3/1 with a german bookie…i think she has an excellent chance to take this and 3/1 could be very good. May well be 6/4 on sunday….if you look at the formlines with the likes of Laugh Aloud, Unforgetable Filly and Tisbutadream…she should be evens……

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

To be honest I don’t know Pirouette at all, but at least the 7f trip is much more favourable for British horses to come over. If she is good enough, she might have a good winning chance, as the German starters in here are no heroines as far as I know, and also our best jockeys are not involved..

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Pirouette is nothing special, Noverre. She was flattered to get so close to Laugh Aloud and Unforgettable Filly and is probably at least 10lbs below that kind of horse.

What is the opposition like?

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

I’ve just seen that J.C.Rouget sends a Frankel daughter called Middle East.
    I don’t know her either, but at least this reads quite dangerous..

Noverre23
    Noverre23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17

I have seen this Frankel daughter as well, first reaction was wow…..because you wouldn`t see Frankels very often in german races. But the form is nothing Special in my eyes.

The strongest german horse in this race is probably WILD APPROACH, she was 4th in a Grade3 Race in Goodwood(4th August), so you english guys have a good comparison of form…..personally i this that you cant compare the strengh of listed class horses in Germany with this britain. Although we have real grade 1 performers that could win the biggest races all over the world the average horses aren`t this good.

So LostSoldier3, if Pirouette is in fact 10lbs below these named i think she will quite well, those named would crush this bunch :-)

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

So you are also German, Noverre? That’s nice to read :good: .
    Will you be there at Düsseldorf?
    I more like the smaller races on this day where some of my old faves like Tjerk will appear..

Noverre23
    Noverre23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17

Yes Hein, i am german too. In fact i am much more interested and punting in british racing. Don`t gambling much in german racing apart from Group Races, Baden and Hamburg :-)

Maybe i will travel to Dusseldorf an Sunday….usually i only go to the races for the big racedays in Dusseldorf and Cologne(Diana, Guineas, Preis von Europa etc.) and a couple of days Baden Baden.

I cant win a thing in this small german handicaps...dont like them. But i know your old freind Tjerk:-)

Do you often visit our races Hein?

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Yes, British racing is on a much higher level, and there are even voices that most of the German racecourses will die within the next years.
    I am not sure if our group races are more predictable, so I have nothing against the smaller races, the betting is difficult in both.
    Well, now and then I visit a racecourse, perhaps tomorrow at Mülheim to witness the final curtain there..

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

Couldn´t put you off Pirouette. Wild Approach seems the strongest German contender on form. Maybe stick a saver on Dalila on 16-1. German champion jockey on Dalila for Peter Schiergen. Good two year old form, only beaten by a Gr.3 winner, while beating Listed and Group 3 winners herself. She might have been ante-post favourite for the German Oaks over the winter. Not sure. Did okay on re-appearance in Listed company, 4th less than a length behind the 2nd, but you´d have to forgive her a disappointing run in Italy, when finishing 8th as the favourite in a Listed race. No insider information, just a guess that the horse could go better than his odds.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1240

Won like a penalty kick WITHOUT goaltender. The rest looked a bit like selling class.

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

Very easy win for Pirouette from Wild Approach and like a ten way photo for third. Hope you were on.

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

Won like a penalty kick WITHOUT goaltender. The rest looked a bit like selling class.

That´s not saying much, when it´s English.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.