German races with British starters

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks German races with British starters

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Yes Nathan, I found that odd too.
    But apart from tactics I would say stamina was the decisive factor, and the winner Lacazar had plenty of it and Andrasch Starke on board (he’s the winning jockey of Danedream’s great successes).
    Jim Crowley really showed a gala performance on Megera, and I would say he’s a champion not only by his number of wins, but also a very qualitative one!
    My real star of the day was a horse called Walsingham, he did a very good performance in a listed race, and I see him as my Leger horse in my hometown Dortmund with his wonderful mix of speed and stamina.
    Thanks, my form is really on the up, today I put 50€ on Holmeswood in the last race at Ripon, and what a wonder, he won too:-). I just didn’t post him, as most of you don’t like playing low grade horses, but there are also some gems to find.
    Lothar is a big compliment, at least physically when he was in his prime..
    The going was described as soft, but that was at 8 am. They didn’t change it afterwards, but it stayed dry and sunny and so I would say it turned to a mixture of soft and good.
    I am sure Wuheida wouldn’t have won on any ground, German stamina power was too much for her :good: ..

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

German stamina power was too much for her

Maybe I shouldn’t have written it like that, I was still quite enthused by the outcome of the race :yahoo: ..

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Hi people,
    I’ve got another one for you, if you like:
    On Sunday Hawkbill and another blue one called Racing History will run in a G1 over 12f at Hoppegarten, the going will be soft or good to soft. It is only a field of 7, so a lot will depend on the jockeys, Hawkbill is with Buick and RH with Gerald Mosse. I don’t rate the German horses in here very high, so I think one of the two Godolphins will win. Hawkbill is the obvious one, but could he be surprised by Racing History, what do you think?
    And what about the stamina qualities of these two horses?

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Okay then, I decided to stay away from this race..

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Great thread Hein.

I was pricing up the British Champions Fillies & Mares the other day. Do you think Lacazar could run? What is the next race for her? Something in France I’m guessing.

Thanks for the info about Walsingham.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Thanks you LS, that’s nice to read.
    Yes, planned for Lacazar’s next start is the Prix Vermeille.
    About your race I have no idea what Peter Schiergen is up to and what the opponents would be.
    I can just state that she is a serious stayer, her father Adlerflug gave her stamina and class.
    No problem, so far it is just my opinion about Walsingham.
    Do you also give prices for our St.Leger, and what would it be for him?

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I think Journey, Queen’s Trust, The Black Princess, Nezwaah and Seventh Heaven would be likely runners in the BC Fillies & Mares. Maybe So Mi Dar and Coronet too. Stamina is a good asset for that race. Most of the winners since 2005 have been very strong stayers so I think Mr Schiergen should consider it if the filly is good enough. :good:

I don’t know enough about German racing to give a price for the German Leger, sorry. I would just be guessing! Do any German bookies have ante-post prices up for the race online?

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

I would love to see Lacazar in this race and would much prefer it to that strange, eh French race. The horses you mentioned don’t read too scary, but if it is an option for her connections, I really can’t tell.
    No, unfortunately not yet. For longer terms, they only offer our few G1s ante post, with the “rest” they wait about one week before the race.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I was stoked to see the mighty Dschingis Secret take down the Grosser Preis today, Hein. What a star. I thought he had a chance in the Coronation Cup earlier in the year but connections chose not to take the trip.

Do you think Dschingis Secret will run outside Germany this year?

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

I was stoked to see the mighty Dschingis Secret take down the Grosser Preis today, Hein. What a star. I thought he had a chance in the Coronation Cup earlier in the year but connections chose not to take the trip.

Do you think Dschingis Secret will run outside Germany this year?

Next races will be the Prix Foy, then the Arc. He hates Baden-Baden, so they´ll skip the big Gr.1 there. Adrie DeVries thinks he´ll be even better on heavy/soft with a truly run race. He pulled hard today.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Next races will be the Prix Foy, then the Arc. He hates Baden-Baden, so they´ll skip the big Gr.1 there. Adrie DeVries thinks he´ll be even better on heavy/soft with a truly run race. He pulled hard today.

Send him to Christian von der Recke and get him jumping hurdles?

Fiepes Shuffle eat your heart out!

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

I’m amazed how well you two know our horses :good:
    But jumping is no option for him, as this area is virtually dead in Germany. He will surely stick to the flat world and Mr. Klug.
    You answered the question very well, Pete! Exactly, he is allergic to Baden Baden, so they must go abroad and it will be France next.
    Godolphin should really select their trips to Germany better, sending over those average classed, doubtful stayers won’t suffice to steal our G1 races. Also Doyle’s ride was absolutely terrible, I really wondered if he meant that seriously, but the easier it was for Adrie ;-) .

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

DeVries thinks he´ll be even better on heavy/soft with a truly run race

Yes, he is much better the softer it gets.
    That’s why I was sceptical beforehand, as so far he seemed to depend on juicy ground.
    I’ve never seen him so good on good ;-) .

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1267

I’m amazed how well you two know our horses :good:
    But jumping is no option for him, as this area is virtually dead in Germany. He will surely stick to the flat world and Mr. Klug.
    You answered the question very well, Pete! Exactly, he is allergic to Baden Baden, so they must go abroad and it will be France next.
    Godolphin should really select their trips to Germany better, sending over those average classed, doubtful stayers won’t suffice to steal our G1 races. Also Doyle’s ride was absolutely terrible, I really wondered if he meant that seriously, but the easier it was for Adrie 😉 .

When was the last time Godolphin were selective when sending something over to Germany? It’s an insult to German racing to have to deal with horses that are no better than Group 3 class, but still go off as favourites.
    By the way, the best Godolphin horses aren’t trained by Suroor or Appleby and they might to rethink that as well.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Thank you Ruby, you stated this very precisely :good: .
    It is really odd that the Godolphins are still so highly respected here, but it’s quite lucrative to take them on..
    Who is then the best Godolphin trainer in your opinion?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.