County Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 County Hurdle

This topic contains 78 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Zarkava Zarkava 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

Ultra competitive event as always. Hargam bit the dust for my A/P bets, but after watching him run in the Coral Cup,i think the horse has gone at the game anyway and had zero chance of winning this. Still got 1 live A/P bet going on Ivanovich Gorbatov @20s. Campaigned for this after connections probably felt he wasn’t good enough to dine out at the top table. Was hoping Phil Smith would of cut him some slack but O’briens chucked a decent claimer on to boost his claims. I’ve since chucked some pennies in the direction of Winter Escape @12s. King thinks the world of this horse. The champion hurdle was talked about at the start of the season. A mark of 140 should not be beyond him if his trainer had such high aspirations.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7685

Song Light for me too. Does anyone know why Wait for Me never scaled the heights he should have done. A standing dish at the Festival for a couple of years now and on a winning mark. Has he had injury problems?? Think he’s got a first time tongue tie on tomorrow.Can’t ignore him.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5669

I think AIR HORSE ONE has run some decent races in winning his last three,
    and could still be on the upward curve. He may have been bumped up 8lbs for his run at Ascot
    a month ago, but he’s carrying a nice weight of 10-8 in this. He’d need to be open to more
    improvement to take this, but I think there’s a fair chance. Harry Fry could have run him in
    the Imperial Cup where he would have been carrying top weight, but didn’t want to waste his
    chance here by going for the £50,000 bonus. I think he has high hopes for him and at 14/1
    he’s worth a shout.

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

Song Light for me too. Does anyone know why Wait for Me never scaled the heights he should have done. A standing dish at the Festival for a couple of years now and on a winning mark. Has he had injury problems?? Think he’s got a first time tongue tie on tomorrow.Can’t ignore him.

Been a long time since he was mixing it with Moon Racer, Buvuer D’air etc. He’s had plenty of chances in these big handicaps and always goes off a skinny price without threatning the judge. Had my fingers burnt far to many times to get involved 2moro :negative:

Shotta Sheriff
    Shotta Sheriff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 99

From what I’ve seen of Wait for Me over hurdles, his jumping has let him down.

Not something a horse is likely to get away with in big handicaps over the minimum trip.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

My three for this are all huge prices….

CRIEVEHILL has form behind Neon Wolf 33/1

DOMINADA second to Diego Du Charmil last time when London Prize fell 40/1

OZZIE THE OSCAR who could love the ground 50/1

If any of them are close at the last I will be shouting LOL

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I don’t really fancy anything much here, and can’t see anything lurking down the weights that seem well handicapped. As such, I’m going to get on the top 4: Arctic Fire 25/1, Lami Serge 33/1, Renneti 14/1 & Ivanovich Gorbatov 11/1 to show their class.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

Tell Us More and Diego Du Charmil for me

Really fancy them

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Got Winter Escape 33-1 Ante-Post, and happy enough with that, but obviously in a race like this, I’ll be wanting another 7 or 8, but I’ll settle for another 2 or 3.

Joey Sasa – Been watching this boy closely this season, and had a handicap in mind for him later in the season. I wasn’t convinced he’d end up in this, but happy to see him here. He’s got a few good runs in decent company so far, and trainer is fresh from handicap success here yesterday. He’s be my #1 for this now, and 28-1 with 6 places will do me just fine.

Court Minstrel – You could argue he’s regressing, but I’ve heard this said of him before. Ran a cracker off of 153 at Kempton in October, but now finds himself on 145, and on his favoured ground. I just can’t ignore him, and if he doesn’t win here, I’ll be sure to catch him at Aintree. 40’s win, and 33’s ew 6 places.

Boite – I’ve bet him many times before, and still not giving up on him. Ran well for a long way at big odds in The Betfair, on ground which would have been way softer than ideal, and with 6 places up for grabs here, I can see him getting there at 66’s.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

Mick Jazz out

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Ok guys, some of you wanted to know who I think wins this. Well…it’s been made a lot easier with the defection of Mick Jazz!

IVANOVICH GORBATOV

I can see him winning by a furlong

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Tell Us More and Diego Du Charmil for me

Really fancy them

Diego Du Charmil, last year’s FRED WINTER winner (you know, the 4yo handicap for horses who aren’t good enough to even run in the Triumph) has to GIVE weight to last year’s Triumph Hurdle winner. I mean it’s just laughable.

This will just be a procession.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

1st Ivanovich Gorbatov
    2nd Apple’s Jade (-7lb) (1.25L). 1st Gr1 Mares’ Hurdle.
    3rd Footpad (7.25L). 4th Champion Hurdle.
    4th Let’s Dance (-7lb) (16L?). 1st Gr2 Mares’ Novice Hurdle.

Unless something is horribly wrong, this horse is about 1 1/2 stone well-in.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 316

1st Ivanovich Gorbatov
    2nd Apple’s Jade (-7lb) (1.25L). 1st Gr1 Mares’ Hurdle.
    3rd Footpad (7.25L). 4th Champion Hurdle.
    4th Let’s Dance (-7lb) (16L?). 1st Gr2 Mares’ Novice Hurdle.

Unless something is horribly wrong, this horse is about 1 1/2 stone well-in.

He hasn’t come close to a victory in his 7 races after the Trimuph last year. Seems to me like he didn’t make any progress.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

The best 2 mile hurdler to run this week is running in this race. Arctic fire is 11 pounds lower than his peak and maybe the 13 months off means he might have regressed but I’d be willing to have a small each way bet on him

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.