County Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 County Hurdle

This topic contains 78 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Zarkava Zarkava 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Checking out how my Cheltenham AP bets are looking up to now and noticed some ” Blue ” for a certain horse today. As soon as i see blue for this horse it is like Red to a Bull.

Winner of this years years Ebor and second in the Melbourne Cup.

Heartbreak City to win @ 20’s B-)

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

I’ve got a keen interest in Heartbreak City as well as you know Botchy, and if he’s missing from The Champion Hurdle entries, then I’ll follow you in. I’d be surprised though if this is the “big prize” they were alluding to. I’ll happily hold off just now though, even if it means losing a couple of points.

A few others appeal here as well, and my main hopes are Winter Escape 33’s & Chesterfield 50’s. Winter Escape is on a great mark, and looks ideal for this, while the fog at Ascot prevented many from seeing Chesterfields “interesting” run. I’ve had a few quid on the pair of them.

Others I’d keep in mind, though a bit leftfield are Sutton Place, and Indietir. Sutton Place looked a horse with a future at the end of last season (I bet a few quid on him for The Champion Hurdle), but after having a Novice Chase campaign laid out for him, he’s not been sighted yet. If he’s sound, then a slight surprise he’s not been out, and a bit of guesswork obviously, but if not schooling well, then he’d be a player in this. Indietir is surely better than his debut on these shores, and he’s in good hands. Tommy Silver & Princely Conn are also on the radar, and are both big prices.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

I just notice with interest a horse of Willie Mullins who’s been off the track for a long time but came 4th in this race in 2014. Diakali was rated 154 when he came 4th. He came nowhere in the galway hurdle off a mark of 153, so its likely that if he makes Cheltenham he might have around the 150 mark. He took my notice because he was one of Mullins 7 entries in the Irish champion hurdle which tells me they think the horse still retains a lot of ability. Might be one to look out for if turning up for this

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

A few others appeal here as well, and my main hopes are Winter Escape 33’s & Chesterfield 50’s. Winter Escape is on a great mark, and looks ideal for this

Apart from the fact that I backed him were there any excuses for his miserable run in the Greatwood? I wonder if he needs a flat track and consequently it might well be Tote Gold Trophy and then novice chasing next year?

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I can’t talk about the winner but he’s well-in, has two words in his name and is trained in Ireland. Hope that helps!

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 351

Must be Heartbreak City…

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 351

Checking out how my Cheltenham AP bets are looking up to now and noticed some ” Blue ” for a certain horse today. As soon as i see blue for this horse it is like Red to a Bull.

Winner of this years years Ebor and second in the Melbourne Cup.

Heartbreak City to win @ 20’s B-)

If he goes for this he has to go close, class horse of the race.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

If he goes for this he has to go close, class horse of the race.
    [/quote]

Needs to go up a Stone to get in. Rated 125 over hurdles, not out of the question he could go up that much though if they want to get a race into him. Plenty of options for this horse :heart:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Can’t wait to see Heartbreak back out, so I know just how good he really is.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

A few others appeal here as well, and my main hopes are Winter Escape 33’s & Chesterfield 50’s. Winter Escape is on a great mark, and looks ideal for this

Apart from the fact that I backed him were there any excuses for his miserable run in the Greatwood? I wonder if he needs a flat track and consequently it might well be Tote Gold Trophy and then novice chasing next year?

stilvi, I just think he’s miles better than his current mark, especially from what I saw of him last year. To be fair, I’m struggling to justify that poor run in The Greatwood myself, but he’d be on a smashing weight, and an even nicer price, and I think he’s worth a second chance round here.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

I just notice with interest a horse of Willie Mullins who’s been off the track for a long time but came 4th in this race in 2014. Diakali was rated 154 when he came 4th. He came nowhere in the galway hurdle off a mark of 153, so its likely that if he makes Cheltenham he might have around the 150 mark. He took my notice because he was one of Mullins 7 entries in the Irish champion hurdle which tells me they think the horse still retains a lot of ability. Might be one to look out for if turning up for this

Not a bad shout that Wex, especially with that lofty entry.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Connections are now keen to revert to hurdling, with Heartbreak City pencilled in for a big date at Leopardstown on January 22.

Martin said: “We are thinking of going for the Coral.ie Hurdle at Leopardstown.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Not sure on their odds or whether they’ll even be in the race but two horses I’m VERY keen on for this are Stephanie Frances and Hargam , will be lumping on both/either but will have a little less on Hargam if it’s soft going

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I can’t talk about the winner but he’s well-in, has two words in his name and is trained in Ireland. Hope that helps!

This horse’s name btw is Mick Jazz

Anyway, won’t win if who I think will turn up, does turn up.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

This horse’s name btw is Mick Jazz

Anyway, won’t win if who I think will turn up, does turn up.

Put us out of our misery then, I’m guessing the G Elliot trained Tycoon Prince?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.