The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Champion Hurdle 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 666

She was very good. Cannot see anything giving her 7 lbs and a beating in March.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 543

Yep agree! She’d win it off level weights! Let alone 7 pounds allowance !
    And the scariest thing is we still haven’t see. The best from her yet as she’s only had 6/7 hurdle starts and keeps winning with her head in her chest. Unbelievable

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 335

I bet Beacon Edge at 50/1 this morning, I was hoping it would be worth going for an outsider this year, but Jaysus, that was impressive today.

What a smashing performance, and I’ll hopefully sit back and enjoy her winning in March

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1155

V impressive, but remembering how B D’Air looked invincible after this race 2 yrs ago. Only in retrospect did we realise Samcro was over-rated.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 666

Sceau Royal is a more solid horse than Samcro with lots of strong form to his name. He made Altior dig deep to win the Champion Chase. And Epatante has laughed at him.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 543

Hadn’t buvuer dair already won a champion hurdle by that point ? And Epatante has already won one too? She’s not trying to prove she’s not overrated as she’s already been there and done it, very easily too. And if anything she’s better this season

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

Sceau royal is a good yardstick but I can’t see him getting anywhere in this year’s champ hurdle , I think it’s a strong race and we,ve still to see Goshen yet , I really think Abracadbras can give her a race esp after watching shiskin this week …shiskin is a machine

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 619

Honeysuckle wouldn’t have to give her 7lbs…

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 543

Epatante wouldn’t have to give honeysuckle 7 pounds…

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

Maybe if Honeysuckle sets off straight after the handicap chase.

shipithollabolla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 73

Honeysuckle had first run and still nearly got done for a turn of foot by Ronald effing Pump yesterday!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Honeysuckle took a blow 3 out the jockey said. Will come on a fair bit for it trainer said.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2530

“Honeysuckle had first run and still nearly got done for a turn of foot by Ronald effing Pump yesterday!”

We mustve been watching a different race

She travelled all over them kicked away with her superior turn of foot then simply got tired

Will come on massively for the run id suspect (she had a prep for the Hatton grace last season)

Though she surely won’t be running here anyway she isn’t a quick enough jumper

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 666

I thought De Bromhead was leaning towards the Champion in his post race interview yesterday. Or at least a bit more enthusiastic about the idea than he was last year.

I wanted her to run in last season’s Champion. This season I think it would be a mistake. She can take on Epatante at level weights but I doubt she can beat her for speed.

I thought it was a top class ride from Rachael Blackmore yesterday.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Yes agree FF91 don’t think she will come here once they sit down and discuss it in Feb/March. Or at least I hope not!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.