The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Champion Hurdle 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

After his romp in The Galway Hurdle, I had a look at Aramon for this, but I’m also aware that paying too much attention to the summer form, while the big guns are wrapped, can be a very risky approach. He’s certainly going the right way, but happy to leave him.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner

Epatante obviously a massive player, now she’s proved she can handle the track, and Goshen, if he can make the leap from the juvenile ranks, is a seriously exciting prospect.

I’ll not be getting drawn into any bets on the equally exciting Envoi Allen, given the various routes he could go, but at the same time, the 14’s is fair.

Shishkin and Abacadabras, who fought out a great finish in The Supreme, are other obvious contenders, but could also go elsewhere.

Sharjah 25’s, and Darver Star, 40’s are massive prices, considering they made the frame this year, and would be high on the shortlist.

Doubt I’ll have any early play in this until NRNB appears, but there are some at prices that I’ll be keeping an eye on, namely……

The one I do like is County Hurdle Winner, Saint Roi, he’s probably the one at the top of the shortlist. I just like the ways he’s going, and if he was bigger than 20’s, I’d seriously consider him. Think there’s more to come.

Last but not least, and very leftfield, is Malone Road. Obviously very high profile, and not jumped a Hurdle in public, but as he’s 66’s, there might be a good opportunity for a trade, should his profile continue to rise when he re-appears.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Given how unexposed Saint Roi is, to win the County hurdle the way he did was mightily impressive

He has to be a grade 1 horse

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Gary Moore says Goshen is the best horse he has had ever had ….Jamie will have a point to prove and I hope and expect him to make it

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Yeah FF, be very disappointed if he doesn’t turn out to be very good……I was hoping for 33’s, but no chance.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 460

I’m there’s a stand-out 2m hurdler it’s Goshen. And I think he is.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23819

I like Goshen although the Triumph doesn’t tend to hold too well the following year for this but he is exciting for me it will be between him and Abracadabras with preference for the Elliot horse. His run in the Supreme with Shishkin and previous efforts against Envoi Allen puts him right in the mix. I think those two rivals will go elsewhere. Abracadabras travels powerfully and is slick enough over his hurdles which is needed in a race of this calibre

Member since March 2008
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

The issue I have with Aramon is that he prefers Good ground and it will always be on the Soft side of Good in the opening day of the Festival

The Saint Roi price is very appealing

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Bob, Sharjah is a good shout. I bet him last year, and I was happy with how he ran. I think that 25-1 is a good price even this early.

I think that he might be my first Cheltenham ante-post this year.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

The Saint Roi price is very appealing

Very.

I’ll be backing.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 621

I would hope Honeysuckle’s connections have the balls they were born with and run her here.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 297

I think that they will, and I’ve taken the 16-1, that’s a crazy price.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Saint Roi entered at Tipperary on Sunday in The Horse and Jockey.

Hopefully he runs, and would be good to see him impress first time out.

With Felix Desjy staying over hurdles, he’s another who could be a dark horse for this. I really liked him last year.

Shortlist whittled down at this stage.

Shortlist
    Saint Roi 20’s
    Sharjah 25’s
    Felix Desjy 50’s

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

Bobby a heads up, Felix has 2 beginners chase entries as well..

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Smashing Jack, just working my way through the entries just now….hadn’t clocked that yet.

50’s or not, that’s enough to put me off just now.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2692

All Jeff I think its the Mares Hurdle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.