The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Black Horse Part II

Home Forums Horse Racing Black Horse Part II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Louise12
    Participant
    • Total Posts 205

Didn’t realise that he was writing a trilogy: https://www.goldrushpublications.com/coming-soon

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1632

I didn’t realise Coolmore was dirty. That would be the last thing I’d expect, I still think they’re as clean as one can be in this game.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1327

This ties in with what Jim Bolger was saying a few weeks ago, although he didn’t mention Coolmore by name.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10850

I already have this book it is a sequel to the Black Horse Inside Coolmore which I believe was taken off the shelves in 2019 after a court case and this book could also have limited shelf life

This is taken from the back cover..

“Racehorses are being exploited across the globe through the illegal use of killer drugs. Alongside runs the equally sickening abuse of the people who work day in day out with the horses to make the show what it is on a good day-mesmerising, breathtaking, unique.

There is an old saying – when America sneezes the world catches a cold, but it’s a plague. And that’s how it’s playing out in Ireland which is awash with unlawful drugs.

The Irish Authorities have covered up for the dopers and ignored a growing welfare disaster which threatens the future of a once dominant sport.

The true stories written here reveal how far racing has fallen around the world as horses pay the ultimate price in the name of greed and corruption, exploitation and injustice”.

The Black Horse Is Dying is the book I never wanted to read but feel I must ..

The first 2 chapters centre around the death of George Washington and are very harrowing..I haven’t got much further than that finding it a hard read but feel that with the recent revelations by Jim Bolger this is a book that should be read by all who love and care for our racehorses future welfare. :rose:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1632

Thanks for your post Jac. Do you know where I could order the entire trilogy? I have that strange feeling that Jim Bolger Was right with revelations which weren’t directed exactly at Coolmore, but who else would he mean?

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1494

Do the mods think it would be an idea to merge this with the Jim Bolger thread from a few weeks back? They tie in together.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10850

I think you would find the books extremely interesting Ruby and yes that is where the main allegations lay although this book will take you deeper.

The 3rd book is yet to be written but you can get information by contacting Gold Rush publications who are very accommodating and they will keep you advised when the book will be available.

I bought my copy of The Black Horse Is Dying on Amaz@n (still available). The first book will come up as Sold Out but copies can be obtained on Ebay.

Strange how Jim Bolger’s statement came just ahead of the publication of this book.

I believe Cormack did a brilliant review of the first book on here but can’t seem to find it.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1632

That would be a perfect match. Hope he does this.

Thanks, Jac. I’ll try my luck with Ebay as well.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17126

Sam, I wish I could, but the merge function still isn’t working.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10850

Ruby..if you have trouble obtaining the first book on Ebay, and I did notice the postage is particularly high, you could try emailing William Jones at Goldrush on..

info@goldrushpublications.com

They could be holding stock of both books there. That was how I got hold of the first book before it went out of print.
    Worth a try..good luck and keep us updated how you get on.
    Jac

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1494

Sam, I wish I could, but the merge function still isn’t working.
    Not to worry VTC.
    It has been mentioned by posters.
    This story has very long legs which hopefully will transcend promoting the book. Perhaps an investigative journo will be bold enough to pick up the ball and run with it.
    Cornelius Lycett perhaps?
    It isn’t only Ireland, but the whole sport worldwide which is over breeding, doping and ultimately destroying itself in the pursuit of money and prestige.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Haven’t read either book and would certainly keep an open mind on the issue’s presumably referred within them, but phrases such as…

“sickening abuse of people”
    “US Racing is currently on its knees”
    “curse of reckless gambling” (funding of racing)
    “corrupt judges”

…do come across as far fetched to be honest.

Louise12
    Participant
    • Total Posts 205
    Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

Thanks for info all, have just ordered this on Amazon. Sounds like will be a difficult read in parts, but the issues certainly need looking into.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10850

Thanks for the link to Cormack’s review of The Black Horse Inside Coolmore Louise.
    He did a brilliant job in breaking it down and expressed concern where due without being judgemental.
    Wish he would do one on this book.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.