The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Authorized destroys them

Home Forums Horse Racing Authorized destroys them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

WOW!! Now that was seriously impressive. That is one of the most impressive derby winners I’ve ever seen. Travelled like a dream and the way he quickened was awesome. That was easy. This is a freakin good horse.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Wow that was awesome!

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Must be said for a man with so much pressure on his shoulders that was an extremely cool ride .

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from heffo on 4:29 pm on June 2, 2007[br]Must be said for a man with so much pressure on his shoulders that was an extremely cool ride .

<br>I thought from the moment he left the stalls Frankie gave the horse a superb ride, showed so much confidence in the horse and the horse was absolutely faultless.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Well… hate to say I told you so (nice to be right for once lol)

Awesome performance. Not sure what horse can beat it over 12f that is in training at the moment. Maybe Rail Link?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Almost as good as Sir Percy :biggrin:

ScribblesScribbles
    • Total Posts 149

It was impressive, but I have to ask what did he beat?  A race where AOB had eight bites of the cherry and still couldn’t win the race.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

He looked very impressive.

But we shouldn’t forget that Motivator looked very impressive 2 years ago and never won again.

Let’s hope this one is different … but I’ve learned my lesson and I’m not saying "superstar" until he comes out and does it again.

Steve

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 4:35 pm on June 2, 2007[br]Well… hate to say I told you so (nice to be right for once lol)

Awesome performance. Not sure what horse can beat it over 12f that is in training at the moment. Maybe Rail Link?<br>

<br>Its very easy to get carried away isn’t it but looking at Authoized today, someone find me a weakness. He looks a serious, serious horse and I certainly wouldn’t be backing anything to beat him, I can’t remember being more impressed with a Derby winner. It all just looked so easy and when asked to quicken he was gone by them in strides.

What really annoys me now is I picked three against the field Authorized, Eagle Mountain and Aqaleem and didn’t have a penny on because I don’t bet at Authorizeds sort of price and I don’t bet each way.  Could’ve won a bucketload if I’d had them to finish 1-2-3.

Still sod it, I may have seen a real legend today, thats enough for me.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from stevedvg on 4:40 pm on June 2, 2007[br]He looked very impressive.

But we shouldn’t forget that Motivator looked very impressive 2 years ago and never won again.

Let’s hope this one is different … but I’ve learned my lesson and I’m not saying "superstar" until he comes out and does it again.

Steve<br>

<br>I’d bet my life he’s better than Motivator.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Scribbles on 4:39 pm on June 2, 2007[br]It was impressive, but I have to ask what did he beat?  A race where AOB had eight bites of the cherry and still couldn’t win the race.<br>

So if O’Brien had only saddled 2 the win would have been more meritorius. That’s a load of crap.

Most impressive 3yo victory so far this season, including Finsceal Beo at NMK.

Delighted for Frankie. I go 1/10 the first person he texts is McCoy!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

You lot can sit on the fence, if you wish. That is a very good horse.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Great ride, but that was one of the very best Derby winners ive seen. Unlike some others, i sense he will go on from this too

Fantastic

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Can’t wait to hear PCH interviewed.<br>The races he is goin to target him at etc.

ScribblesScribbles
    • Total Posts 149

Quote: from davidbrady on 4:43 pm on June 2, 2007[br]

Quote: from Scribbles on 4:39 pm on June 2, 2007[br]It was impressive, but I have to ask what did he beat?  A race where AOB had eight bites of the cherry and still couldn’t win the race.<br>

So if O’Brien had only saddled 2 the win would have been more meritorius. That’s a load of crap.<br>

No, it’s not crap.  If he had anything of note, he would have only bothered to have a couple in the race.  He had no choice to enter the whole string in it if he wanted to ‘fluke’ it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.