2019 RSA Chase

Home Forums Cheltenham 2019 2019 RSA Chase

This topic contains 44 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by MarkTT MarkTT 1 day, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

Comparing form in novice hurdles with horses now novice chasers is difficult. Some horses are more mature as hurdlers and some less so, so it is difficult to compare. Santini looked a baby over hurdles which is probably why he is favourite to win the RSA as a chaser. Noone really knows though.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

Of all the conditions races at the festival, the RSA is the one where my shortlist might change most right up until March and this year will not be an exception.

I was impressed with Santini but there are more variables for the RSA than when considering a horse for the Arkle.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

Snapped up some of the bigger odds for Topofthegame after that remarkable performance.

Anything above 10s seems good value

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Santini prefers better ground and was very mature in the Albert Bartlett. Nico because of these two factors gave him a very tender ride and he stayed on for third.

Just because he went off fav doesn’t mean he should win, it’s a race notorious for experienced, hardened horses that can battle longer against inexperienced stayers.

He won a Grade 2 on chase debut, doing nothing but impressing IMO. I like Delta Work and he’s improving at a good rate (didn’t try half of last season IMO) but he’s a good bit behind this lad.

Next Destination is still missing which isn’t great for a novice chaser needing experience, but he’d be the one i’d fear for Santini.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

There’s no racecourse evidence that Santini prefers better ground as he has only run on soft and heavy.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Very true Mike but his action, Sire Milan and trainer all indicate that this will be the case. He’s a very good hoss that’ll go on any ground, but could be even better on GS.

He’s short for the RSA now, but it’s earned IMO.

Feltham at Kempton is looking a cracker with him, La Bague Au Roi & Topofthegame all looking like going.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

The Worlds End finally getting his act together, too.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5408

16/1 TWE looks big after today. Loads of enthusiasm for fencing, which is uncommon in novices and that in itself will stand him in good stead in March. I’ve bet accordingly.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

TWE better off in the 4 miler, I don’t give him a hope of winning this unless the race cuts up.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

What was Heskin’s last ride for George ? He hasn’t ridden for him for at least two weeks

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

Rockys Treasure franks the Santini form in emphatic style

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

That’s a lovely form boost for Santini there by Rocky’s Treasure. Smashed them up

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19784

Wait for the
    “had the run of the race, beat nothing”

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5408

Mark, Heskin’s last ride for George as 18th November – 3rd on Seddon at Cheltenham

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2377

Cheers, Joe
    So no ride for his most consistent employer for almost a month prior to the injury. Hmmmm.

Yes, NH – it’ll be interesting to see if some continue to question the ability of a horse now 4 from 5 over fences

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.