2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup

This topic contains 186 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stilvi 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Le Bec and Many Clouds too big at 50s with Stans imo.

Many Clouds

is the 1st son of ‘Bobbing Back’ the dams only other progeny is

The Tullow Tank

a proper 2 miler but Oliver Sherwoods charge is a son of the very average ‘Cloudings’.The sires most successful breeding created

Cloudy Lane

but I can see your selection being a Welsh National sort JJM,obviously these types go on to be Gold cup horses too.50/1 is big I agree but he doesn’t have the pace of

Holywell

This

Le Bec

incidentally got one fence further than

Many Clouds

in the RSA and both horses were still in contention,The very handsome

Don Cossack

gives the collateral form of both excellent credentials but again this fellow wont cope with

Holywell

when he’s tuned up.

Au contraire, I doubt we will see The Tullow Tank over less than 2.5m ever again. A quality stayer.

The Drinmore will be some race with The Tullow Tank, Apache Stronghold and possibly Un Atout.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Seriously impressive from Shutthefrontdoor at Carlisle and no surprised they eyeing him up as a Gold Cup horse. Those who got the 50s sat very pretty indeed.

Thought Many Clouds was impressive, happy with him at 50s too!

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

Dont write off

Shutthefrontdoor

100/1 just yet,there isn’t a bigger baby in the yard.

One of us has 100/1 JJM. 8)

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Dont write off

Shutthefrontdoor

100/1 just yet,there isn’t a bigger baby in the yard.

One of us has 100/1 JJM. 8)

Different gravy fella! Has to be a player if runs well at Leopardstown next month.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

I have a dilemma as to who I’d cheer home in this seasons Gold cup having backed

Holywell

at 50/1,should have taken the 100/1! :oops:

Shutthefrontdoor

at 100/1 but only 80’s on the machine and now my ‘Ryanair’ horse

Taquin de seuil

looks like he’s being trained with it in mind! Jonjo doesn’t need to run all 3 in the race :roll:

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Am usually loath to back horses who’ve been out with tendon problems, but am tempted by 33 Fingal Bay.

If his fencing’s better than it used to be, he’ll have every chance tomorrow in the Hennessy, and could be much shorter for the Gold Cup come this time tomorrow.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

Paddy Power and William Hill offer 100/1 for Fingal Bay to win the Hennessy and Cheltenham Gold Cup. Worth a few quid as if he wins the Newbury race his odds for the Gold Cup will surely be shorter than the 33’s on offer.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

Paddy Power and William Hill offer 100/1 for Fingal Bay to win the Hennessy and Cheltenham Gold Cup. Worth a few quid as if he wins the Newbury race his odds for the Gold Cup will surely be shorter than the 33’s on offer.

It’s not a rare double by any means, Nathan, so I think it’s worth a tenner.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Shack1
    Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

Many Clouds at 20s looks of some appeal. The obvious jump for a Hennessy winner, he will improve again and looks a real tough, consistent animal.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5650

It’s very rare for 3 good value bets to come out of a Gold Cup trial like the Lexus, but Road to Riches looks much smarter than the bookies offering 12s about the Gold Cup – should be half those odds imo.

Surprised too to see 33s available about Sam Winner for the Gold Cup after today – he ran a fine race and jumped superbly bar once.

And to top off the value, those going 20s about Bobs Worth might live to regret it. He’s always been a difficult horse to train, and until the last week or so was a doubtful runner for the Lexus.

Many seem to have forgotten that BW is a triple Festival winner, with a Hennessy and a Lexus also under his girth. Whatever training problems Henderson’s yard faces now, he invariably gets everything right for Cheltenham, and I’ll be taking some of that 20s in anticipation that he’ll get the horse right on song for the Gold Cup.

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

Some clues today; S Conti going backwards, Road to Riches and Don Cossack in the picture

I was half right in November

jibsa
    • Total Posts 165

Left field but why not Houblon Des Obeaux.
    Goes against all known trends in he’s had to many chase starts one of them already in this but I’d like to see how he got on with all the rest of the runners carrying the same weight as him for a change this jumps season and it might bring them back to him.
    In soft ground could be a player. Staying on 2nd in The Hennessy to Many Clouds.
    Number of doubts I have about all the rest apart from RtR

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

It’s very rare for 3 good value bets to come out of a Gold Cup trial like the Lexus, but Road to Riches looks much smarter than the bookies offering 12s about the Gold Cup – should be half those odds imo.

Surprised too to see 33s available about Sam Winner for the Gold Cup after today – he ran a fine race and jumped superbly bar once.

And to top off the value, those going 20s about Bobs Worth might live to regret it. He’s always been a difficult horse to train, and until the last week or so was a doubtful runner for the Lexus.

Many seem to have forgotten that BW is a triple Festival winner, with a Hennessy and a Lexus also under his girth. Whatever training problems Henderson’s yard faces now, he invariably gets everything right for Cheltenham, and I’ll be taking some of that 20s in anticipation that he’ll get the horse right on song for the Gold Cup.

I’m just preparing myself for you showing us your Ar*e Joe! :lol:

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

I’ve gone in again on

Holywell

, at 14/1 NRNB. I didn’t see anything in either the King George or the Lexus that would put me off him.

The Young Fella
    The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2078

Haha, was just about to post about having done exactly the same thing THM.

Hollywell’s 10 length Aintree win over Don Cossack, Wonderful Charm and Many Clouds has been paid all sorts of compliments by each of those horses. There must be a massive TRF party if this horse wins!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.