The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9453

That was my reasoning on the day Jack and is just speculative at the moment, but all AP bets are like that, as you know, and I only have two, the other being Royal Intervention in the 1000 Guineas, so hoping she goes well tomorrow.

I can only say that Al Hilalee looked very forward in the pre parade so looking forward to seeing him again this season to see if he lives up to the promise he showed at Newmarket.. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Impressive enough from Anthony Van Dyck in the end last night but it appeared a stamina based showing and he looks to me like they will go Racing Post Trophy at season’s end and he seems a Derby prospect for me.

I thought Bold Arrangement looked desperately short of pace in the Tyros. He was struggling all the way to keep up with them and he didn’t look like he had progressed much from his first race.

I would be tearing up any ante-post ticket after that from Bold Approach and Anthony Van Dyck looks ridiculously short for the Guineas at 16/1 and the firm offering 12/1 are pulling punter’s plungers with those odds.

Calyx is light years in front in my opinion and I feel it’s a no brainer to pick Quorto over Anthony Van Dyck at the same 16/1 odds.

I don’t think that was a good Tyros Stakes and I’ll be against Bold Approach wherever he runs next time. It’s becoming increasingly likely that Jim Bolger looks gone at the top of the game.

Goddess was hopeless earlier and that was a bit unsettling to witness as a guide for the stable at the moment.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1961

Calyx out for the season

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2312

Bad news on Calyx.

Anthony Van Dyck was given an RPR of 106 which is the same as The Pentagon, Churchill + Cape Blanco…one higher than Gleneagles- just for comparison.

I would be interested in what Timeform thought if anyone has the access to that?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1961

jack,timeform give him a rating of 108p 10lb below Calyx

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Oh well, I got longer out of that Ante Post bet than I usually do before the boot swings and lands right in the plums.

I’ve had a bet on my Derby horse Quorto at 14/1 now, with Calyx out to 8/1 in the Guineas.

Gosden seems cursed with the 2000 Guineas.

Quorto will get the trip easily and he will go favourite for the Guineas if he wins his next race.

Quorto 14/1

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Gets put away for the season and all of a sudden he can’t win a race next season? Plenty of time folks.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21649

Plenty of time but not ideal
    Don’t think many of the bookies will take much money mind you most are 5/1 still
    sportingbet 4/1, I’d be surprised if they take a penny.
    They can be sharp in reducing future prices before a horse has run a race yet slow as spongebob’s pet snail when it comes to push one out.

Member since March 2008
    stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

That snail is called Gary Nathan and I’ve seen several of mine running like him lately.

Kingman had a setback after his second run and didn’t run again after that race on 31st August. I backed him for the Guineas the next Spring because I felt there was little else with as much potential and that if the colt bounced back he would be value at 9/1.

It went to plan as he bolted up in the Greenham but somehow he was run out of it in the Guineas, in what turned out to be a fluke win for Night Of Thunder. Kingman went unbeaten thereafter and it’s a bit ironic that his son has followed the same path. At the same time it shows that they can come back sometimes.

What will probably happen is that Calyx will win on his reappearance, go off short and get chinned by a horse who was already behind him previously.

Any odds on that happening?

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 468

I’m hoping to see more improvement tonight from Christmas, when he runs at Tipperary.

I don’t like trying to pick out Classic horses the year before, as I think so much of it is guesswork until the latter stages of the season, but I thought I would throw his hat into the ring. He would have to be a slow burner, as his feeble debut, was only erased last time, but I thought that that win was full of promise. Thankfully he isn’t listed and I won’t have to lose any money right this minute.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5774

With what happen to Calyx have took 14/1 for ANTHONY VAN DYCK expect him shorter after this week as well

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I’m going against Anthony Van Dyck in the Futurity Darren. Hopefully I will get a decent price about Klute.

Not sure if it’s the virus they have had but early prospects for O’Brien, like Sergei Prokofiev and Van Beethoven haven’t really gone on as expected and I am a bit worried about their quality for now.

Hopefully Harrington’s 1/1 Klute can build on a promising debut and give the fav a fright.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

King Of Comedy 33/1

Form of his impressive maiden win has been boosted well by Persian Moon previously and this week Phoenix Of Spain. Has the right 2YO Guineas race entries and think he can give Gosden a right good hand going into the spring.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2312

Any word of him running again soon Kev?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Solario (1st Sept) is his target mate.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.