The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Kicking myself for not gettting the 20s. Anyway after the Coventry I had some at 7s

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2580

Anthony Van Dyck runs tomorrow night and is 4/7 the Tyros stakes.

He was fairly good looking in his maiden and Kew Gardens won it last year.

This race he runs in tomorrow has been won by The Pentagon, Churchill, Gleneagles, Zoffany, Cape Blanco and Rip Van Winkle since 2008…

Safe to say a decent few horses have won it before, and whilst i wouldn’t normally touch a horse this far away for a race, i am interested to see what the bookies will price him up at for the 2000G

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

He’s 33’s for the Derby, Jack
    no prices for the Guineas, you maybe able to get an early price if you request one via twitter to a few firms, I’ve had mixed joy with requests but occasionally they get to you with a nice price.
    I would want 33’s for the guineas at this stage as Calyx and Quorto already look to have set a decent standard

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

33’s with betvictor

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

and 10bet and sportspesa whoever they are
    Priced up at 16’s for the Vintage at Goodwood but O’Brien has the AP fav in Cape of Good Hope
    Anthony Van Dyck won over the mile already, do you think he maybe more of a Derby horse.?

Member since March 2008
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2580

I have done plenty of requesting and taken 33s on him….just as a small investment as i say i wouldn’t be one to bet this far out. It’s just the roll of honour of the previous winners make me think if he wins tomorrow well there will be some hype about him…

I would imagine a week and a few days would be too close together for a 2yo hence his big price for the Vintage..but you never know, as Cape Of Good Hope hasn’t exactly set the world alight as yet.

Winning over a mile this early probably wouldn’t scream 2000G, however, he looked handy the last day, and tomorrow will tell us more, if he’s workmanlike, perhaps it’ll be the Derby more than the 2000g.

Whilst being out of Galileo the dam sire is Exceed + Excel so hopefully he’s speedy enough! The fact they are dropping him to 7F makes me think they are confident he is!

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8279

Boz’s Bold Approach looks to be the main threat to Anthony Van Dyck in the Tyros tomorrow.

Although Anthony Van Dyke sluiced home last time his figure of 88 on RPRs is not outstanding. He made a good step forward from run 1 to 2 of 16 lbs but he will need a similar step again to reach normal Group 3 level.

The Pentagon was rated 106 for winning the Tyros last year at odds of 4/11 but he went on to be disappointing in general, with the decent effort in the Racing Post Trophy, where bookies couldn’t give him away, being pretty much his last sign of being a good un.

The Pentagon came into last year’s Tyros rated 105, so he didn’t progress much in winning it. Anthony Van Dyke comes in rated 88, so is he worthy of being so short a favourite for tomorrow’s contest?

Anthony Van Dyke appealed more as a Derby sort last time up, drawing away in the closing stages of the mile race. He drops back to 7F and faces a tougher looking assignment now. For all that he could prove classy, he is priced as if it next to certain that he is already, and at 1/2 I feel he is too short against Bolger’s Bold Approach, who is well entitled to improve a good bit himself, after just the one start. I prefer to take the 3/1 on him in a race that is tough to be certain about.

I’ll waste a tenner at 3/1 on Bold Arrangement in a small field, over 7F, on fast ground.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2580

Just listened to AOB’s interview with ATR regarding Anthony VD.

He is a middle distance horse in the future, however, he races lazily and he thinks he’ll have the pace for 7f….tonight will tell them more, and its possible he could be a miler early as a 3yo as well…

Quite mixed messages there to be fair. He did mention the fast dam side of the pedigree..

I will take him being considered a derby horse like Saxon was, and then winning the 2000G though :yes: :yes: :yes:

Steve, on tomorrow’s race i can see why you’d side punting-wise with Bolgers horse. As AOB has said his yard aren’t in fine form….

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8279

Jack, I saw the article regarding Kew Gardens scoping badly too late and had already backed the horse for the King George, which he now misses. Then read that the trainer is concerned about a few of them and wondered if Goddess is a trap at odds of 1/2 tonight. The trouble is I don’t fancy any of the others.

It’s another slight concern when thinking about backing Anthony Van Dyke at odds-on tonight. Maybe I’ll be wrong but I feel Bold Approach could go off closer to the odds of Anthony Van Dyke than the initial 3/1-1/2 that they were framed at.

Should lie between the two and hopefully it’s a decent race between them.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2580

Yeah Steve, i reckon those two short favourites might drift a tad- i wouldnt have an interest tonight in the Tyros, obviously antepost wise i hope AVD wins well but we will see.

I liked Second Thought of AOBs in the fillies race, what did you think of her? Maiden wasn’t bad i didnt think + lovely pedigree.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8279

I think you mean Secret Thoughts Jack.

There is a few pounds between her and Goddess on bare form and Goddess was a huge eye catcher last time. The return to 7F may help Secret Thoughts though and she had a bit more in hand than the margin suggested last time. I feel she can improve but neither of her races have thrown up a winner yet.

Just a race for watching I feel.

Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

bet365 are still 33’s at the moment on Virgil Van Dijk’s brother
    Certainly looks speedy enough

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

Didn’t last 20’s now

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9988

From his win at Newmarket 13th July against Mount Tabora (3rd) and several other good youngsters my ante post choice for the 2000 Guineas has to be…
    AL HILALEE (Dubawi/Ambivalent)(Authorized)
    33/1 Paddy Power

Big strong well developed colt in the pre parade ring, Charlie Appleby stated after his win that he wasn’t expected to win first time out, they had run two other colts in the race Al Mureib (entry at Goodwood next week) and Journey Of Life well beaten by Quorto in his previous race. He seemed more than pleased with this win and got the impression he is highly thought of. Sheik Mohammed and his entourage were there in force that day to watch their newcomers make their seasonal bow.

Mount Tabora seemed beaten meeting the rising ground and again in his next race seemed to be tiring in the final furlong narrowly beaten by Guaranteed who finished 2nd to Klute in his Maiden at the Curragh 4 lengths ahead of Anthony Van Dyck.

Al Hilalee is bred to be a Guineas/Derby Winner and definitely worth taking a chance on early doors that he will progress to that level..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2580

Jac, i hadn’t really looked much into Al Hilalee, interesting that he wasn’t on work their first choice for the race…the other was withdrawn, maybe one to watch out for!

Mind you, Al Hilalee probably does his best work on the course!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.