The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

1000 Guineas 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 1000 Guineas 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Nothing too baffling about it TTC to be honest. Wanting to give the horse more experience before potentially going for the big time, especially given the trainer’s concern about Newmarket at this time.

Charlie Hills was also weighing up the option of a Listed contest before stepping up with his horse that won the other day, as an alternative to a 2000 Guineas supplementation.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

It makes perfect sense if they don’t step up SL and keep her to a mile. I was getting confused with the reason to step her up to 10 already if that’s what they do as they were talking about that

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

I think the Coronation would suit her down to the ground as well, as the option Kev mentions.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

English or French Oaks are on the agenda for Snow Lantern, depending how the trial goes, Hannon has said.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5986

Pretty Gorgeous NR

Participant
    • Total Posts 1329

Interesting timing, almost like they were waiting for rain that never came. Hope that is the case and she runs in France, proper filly with a bit of dig.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Update: Hannon now saying he thinks Snow Lantern is more a miler.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Pretty Gorgeous non runner due to an unsatisfactory scope.

Participant
    • Total Posts 891

I mean, anyone on Santa Barbara at a big price must be elated. All the main challengers seem to have fallen away and she’s being backed like defeat is out of the question. I will be taking her on though, I think she’s a terrible price and way way too short at 5/4.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

Update: Hannon now saying he thinks Snow Lantern is more a miler.

He’d only have to have opened his eyes in her last race to see a mile is perfect at this stage in her career
    how he has pulled her from the guineas will always be a puzzling thought of mine

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

If the main challengers have fallen away you may as well save you money charlie 😉
    Plenty of other races to spend your money on 🙂

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

What a dissapointing turn out

Id have strongly fancied either of my two ante post selections if they had turned up fit and well

Santa Barbara drawn 1 but this is an awful race and she will win if she’s half of what aidan has claimed :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1357

I have to agree, it’s a bit of a shocker isn’t it.

I think that it says enough that that a warm AOB hotpot doesn’t have too much love on here.

I might bet her or Saffron Beach, but I might just watch, and hope that Santa Barbara can be something special after all.

Best of luck to Silent Assassins who’s way ahead of the game with 25-1, now that’s an ante-post bet I wouldn’t mind having.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

“Bad scope” hmm. She must have worked a bit too well for ‘The Lads’ liking, they don’t want this Camelot filly beat.

Seem to remember getting the urine extracted when I suggested this a while back.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

This race has lost all it’s sparkle now all the contenders have fallen by the wayside one by one. Stupid announcement from Hannon about Snow Lantern she should have been there to take her chances and now PG has a bad scope ..you could almost say the Peaky Blinders were at work here. :whistle:

I’m with Sacred to win this now as AOB seeks to pull another one out of the hat for his greedy owners and even if SB wins this she still will not have run against the best. He’s even now saying she may run green even though she’s been seeing off the best of his horses at home..apparently. :whistle:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Santa Barbara winning this would leave a bitter taste. Hope Sacred chins her.

BUY THE SUN

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Whats with all the suspiciousness.
    All is fair in love and war. B-)

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.