The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thistlecrack – chasing debut

Home Forums Horse Racing Thistlecrack – chasing debut

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Then you should be going BIG Ginge I’m talking 1000points all in, think Rooster Booster ;-)

:lol:
    I don’t rate Thistlecrack exceptional value like I did Rooster, Ben, just good value and therefore worth a bet.
    tbh I believe Djakadam better value and if I was doing one horse each way it would be Djakadam, but value-wise even he isn’t in Rooster Booster’s level. :good:

Only pulling your leg mate. Fun thing with ante post is you can always get more on in the coming weeks/months when confidence builds.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Does anyone on here win in the long term?

Because the amount of posters queuing up to back a small hurdler at 5-1 for the gold cup, who has one race under his belt, you start to wonder :scratch:

Before you ask I don’t 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

Judge, I think you’ll find that the ones who make money are those who backed the 5/1 shot at 10/1 🙂

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5092

Judge, I think you’ll find that the ones who make money are those who backed the 5/1 shot at 10/1 :)

That’s the definition of a chancer, not someone who makes a long-term profit.

Nobody who took their gambling seriously would think of taking the 10/1. Even if I had been lucky enough to see the horse schooling I doubt I would have taken the price.

Just because a horse jumps a hurdle well does not mean it will be the same story over fences. And you not only want to take a chance that it will jump but jump well enough to win a Gold Cup without ever seeing it jump a fence. Crazy talk.

I am by no means a professional gambler but I do return a profit every year and it is not done by taking ridiculous chances like that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32281

Betting on horses is my only source of income, Judge.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32281

With stable companion Cue Card disappointing today, Thistlecrack’s chance has increased imo.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

I wouldn’t have thought its made any difference really….to hear the yard hype… Cue Card can’t live with Thistlecrack anyway, so never had a chance…poor run from Cue Card today though, taking into account the way he was talked up beforehand…good at that though are the yard….can see a similar outcome once Thistleccrack faces a proper test!

One of my ante post tickets looked a bit healthier just after the Charlie Hall though! :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3894

With stable companion Cue Card disappointing today, Thistlecrack’s chance has increased imo.

What do you expect from an 10-year old staying chaser first time out? I think he ran okay, before running out of gas against useful, but rather mediocre yardsticks.
    But one thing’s for sure: Thistlecrack’s connections will be thinking even more Gold Cup now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

Stilvi, risk is in the eye of the beholder and those with experience and confidence in their judgement will happily take prices that others wouldn’t. Just because you wouldn’t bet Thistlecrack at 10s, it doesn’t make those who would chancers. In this particular case it makes them better judges than you.

And after today’s run by Cue Card – where he just got very tired to my eye but still showed the heart of a lion (write him off at your peril) – Tizz might well be tempted to send Thistlecrack for the Betfair. I’ve already had a small speculative bet at 20s, but would go in again if I thought he was going to run. I wouldn’t fear anything in Britain and it would be too early in the season for Vautour. DC wouldn’t make it and Djakadam wouldn’t bother me. I think they’ll be very tempted, especially if the rain comes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31683

I’ve had a couple of quid for the King George/Gold Cup double at 33’s for Thistlecrack
    One thing is for sure where ever Thistlecrack turns up he wins as simple as that

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 3894

I’ve had a couple of quid for the King George/Gold Cup double at 33’s for Thistlecrack
    One thing is for sure where ever Thistlecrack turns up he wins as simple as that

Very good idea Nathan, just did the same bet and got 60/1 for the KG and GC double.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

Who’s going 60 Ruby?

Participant
    • Total Posts 31683

Great price Ruby, who’s that with…?
    He’s 66/1 with the betfair included

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Bet it’s not Corals!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3894

Who’s going 60 Ruby?

It’s a bookie from the CONTINENT, you’ll find him in the oddschecker list. I don’t want to mention him, but if you are interested I might send you all a personal message.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31683

Job done, cheers Ruby.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

Please do. Ta

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 226 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.