The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Wonderful photo’s Jac. Thanks for sharing. What presence that horse has. The greatest of all time and he knows it!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I might just add that I am not a big fan of trainers jumping horses straight from maidens to Group races especially Group 1’s. It’s a bit like saying to my son, right you scored against Culham juniors last weekend now go and score at the Kop End next week.

I would respectfully ask Mr Elsworth to take his time with Swiss Storm.

What other route would you go with him Joni? Most two year olds who run in group ones are unexposed. It’s the same for all of them. It was a pretty good two year old maiden at Newbury anyway. Interesting that Elsworth thought about running him in the Mill Reef, I think he would have finished second at worse if he had.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32997

If Swiss Storm were mine he’d be going for the Group 3 Horris Hill at Newbury over 7f, on the same day as the Racing Post. Don’t think they should be in any hurry for a step up to a mile or to Group 1 company. If they do particularly want a mile race there’s always the Autumn Stakes (Group 3) at Ascot.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32997

Eminent for Martyn Meade tomorrow. Just reading about his fine strike rate at HQ so one to note.

Nice performance.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 373

Eminent looked good, another one down for Frankel!
    Bad luck for Taj Mahal, but could’t have come close to Eminent, maybe not even for second, Vantage Point stayed on well.

Best Wishes
    Silk

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Eminent is a Coolmore cast-off, and a cheap one at that, they don’t often get it wrong, I can’t think of one that they’ve sold that turned out to be a good one.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Eminent really pointed the toe. You like a horse that seems to be in love with the game and he gives that impression. Okool was unlucky again, although he might just be one of those frustrating horses that always finds trouble in running.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

… there’s always the Autumn Stakes (Group 3) at Ascot.

The Autumn Stakes was moved to Newmarket when the end of season was ****** up- I mean modernised- in 2011.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32997

… there’s always the Autumn Stakes (Group 3) at Ascot.

The Autumn Stakes was moved to Newmarket when the end of season was ****** up- I mean modernised- in 2011.

Oh, so it was. I remember now, Gladiateur. :scratch:
    Whenever I think of the Autumn Stakes I see Nashwan running away at Ascot.
    Straight mile may be better for Swiss Storm.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Lovely!!! Can’t believe Bet365 were going 18-1 last night! He has always been a good worker. Will be put away for next year now.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I might just add that I am not a big fan of trainers jumping horses straight from maidens to Group races especially Group 1’s. It’s a bit like saying to my son, right you scored against Culham juniors last weekend now go and score at the Kop End next week.

I would respectfully ask Mr Elsworth to take his time with Swiss Storm.

What other route would you go with him Joni? Most two year olds who run in group ones are unexposed. It’s the same for all of them. It was a pretty good two year old maiden at Newbury anyway. Interesting that Elsworth thought about running him in the Mill Reef, I think he would have finished second at worse if he had.

I would be looking at one more race in between a maiden and Group 1 assignment Judge. I agree that there will be plenty of unexposed types running in the RP but I would worry that one or two would be more savvy. I just don’t see the need to rush. The main targets would be next year and a great big horse like Swiss Storm will definitely be better next year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Whenever I think of the Autumn Stakes I see Nashwan running away at Ascot.
    Straight mile may be better for Swiss Storm.

It’s funny how certain races make you think of a particular horse, Ginge; my Autumn Stakes memory is of Henry Cecil’s much vaunted High Roller, who had hacked up on his debut at Yarmouth (and was immediately promoted to Derby favouritism) but then only just scraped home when long odds-on at Ascot. He never ran again. Can’t believe that was twenty years ago!

I agree with you on Swiss Storm: he looks a strong-galloping type who will be best suited by a straight mile, or a course with a long home straight.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Great photos Jac, we should all be grateful to have been around to see the greatest racehorse that ever lived. Who knows, maybe he’ll turn out the greatest sire ever as well.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Eminent became the first Frankel to win over the Rowley mile.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Fabulous photos Jac, thank you for sharing! :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

All you Atty Persse fans can throw away your ante post tickets.

• http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=20242724&category=0
  • :wacko:

Participant
  • Total Posts 373

All you Atty Persse fans can throw away your ante post tickets.

A bit harsh, maybe ;-)

Best Wishes
Silk

Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.