Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 1,972 replies, has 95 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 2 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,973 total)
  • Author
    Ghost of Rob V
    Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

Canford Cliffs never ran with a fractured pastern :roll: He veered just like he did in the 2010 Greenham.

Then, a ‘shadow’ on his pastern showed up on a X-ray a week later (would have loved to seen the X-ray as proof). That shadow could’ve been anything (serious … or maybe not). For all we know, that shadow could’ve been there when he beat Goldikova in the Queen Anne. The stud value of CC was certainly at stake hence why they decided to retire him. I also felt that team Hannon couldn’t get their heads around the fact that their superstar was crushed by a racing phenomenon. I’m afraid I have to take their story/excuse with a grain of salt.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

Frankel had an easy lead. :shock:
    Canford Cliffs wouldn’t have beat Frankel if the race had been 2 runners, 20 runners, slow pace, fast pace, front run, held up or with wings but that would be the case for any horse over a mile against Frankel.
    I don’t think losing to Frankel would detract from the stud fee of Canford Cliffs likewise Excelebration who was many times the bridesmaid but both held their own in other company and more chance his stud fee would go down if Frankel wasn’t racing on the day and he lost to a horse like Rio De La Plata I would have thought.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Mr. Pilsen
    Mr. Pilsen
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Happy 6th. Birthday

http://i60.tinypic.com/2i78juv.jpg

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

I was a bit sceptical at the time and was disappointed that team Hannon seemed to be wanting to take the gloss off a brilliant performance by Frankel. Now I don’t care. Time showed that CC, a very, very good 130 animal, would never have lived with a 140+ legend.

For what it’s worth CC certainly ran below par that day (he had beaten RDLP 5 lengths in the QA lto and only beat him 2 1/2 lengths that day) but he wasn’t the first or the last good horse to under-perform against Frankel. Frankel took them out of their comfort zone and most didn’t like it. CC was a great horse but he did have that tendency to drift when under extreme pressure.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Another one for the list –

Frankel – Turama (daughter of Pivotal) – foaled 3rd Feb.

http://www.juddmonte.com/stallions/fran … currpage=1

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Ghost of Rob V
    Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

For what it’s worth CC certainly ran below par that day (he had beaten RDLP 5 lengths in the QA lto and only beat him 2 1/2 lengths that day) but he wasn’t the first or the last good horse to under-perform against Frankel. Frankel took them out of their comfort zone and most didn’t like it.

The tactics were different though. When Canford Cliffs won the 2011 Queen Anne, he was always held up about a length behind Rio De La Plata and then produced to go past him to catch Goldikova. In the Sussex, he was forced to go in front of RDLP in order to keep tabs on Frankel who steadily increased his pace throughout. So I think it is fair to say that Frankel’s pace setting may have suited RDLP more than CC who got undone by Frankel’s last half mile (in 44 secs).

But did you know that Canford Cliffs final furlong in Frankel’s Sussex was nearly 1.5 seconds quicker than his last furlong against Goldikova in the Queen Anne?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Well it all begins now!! Cunco – a 2 year old colt by Frankel out of Chrysanthemum and trained by John Gosden is declared to run at Newbury on Friday!!! Let the fun begin………………

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Well it all begins now!! Cunco – a 2 year old colt by Frankel out of Chrysanthemum and trained by John Gosden is declared to run at Newbury on Friday!!! Let the fun begin………………

That is the colt I suggested that they should name Blooming Legend.

Cunco?

Oh well, it’s not my horse.

Winning Ways in the same maiden interests me. He’s from the William Haggas stable and is bred from a successful formula I picked up on, which is progeny of Lope De Vega out of a Danehill mare. I’ll probably have put the kibosh on it by mentioning it now but the four previous ones I saw all won races.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2999

Cunco is the area of Chile in which the owners of the Frankel colt are based. Interesting to find them racing here, as they’ve spent millions at sales in the US in the last year or two.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

So it all begins today. Very exciting as it’s been a long wait and I am not very patient!!! Hopefully Cunco will go well. Thought I’d also share this exciting blog from the Juddmonte site about Frankel’s son from Dar Re Mi. http://www.juddmonte.com/news/2016/130516FrankelDarReMi.aspx

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Thanks for that link Joni and WOW just can’t wait to see how he gets on today, you are so lucky that you will see him in the flesh today.
    Hoping that Channel 4 might just have someone there filming his first run (sure they will) and I have decided to put a tenner on every one of Frankel’s babies that runs this season to see if they net a profit or not, so we start off with..and this probably isn’t best price but it is my account with Paddy Power….

6/4 – CUNCO
    £10 win

Give him a good cheer home Joni I know you will be leaping up and down like crazy when he hits the front. :yahoo:

Have a great day and tomorrow of course on the ‘Jolly Boys’ Outing’ ;-)
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2114

If you have the time Triptych :whistle: maybe you could start this off in the “Systems” section and then buy us all a drink at the end of the season from the profits ;-)

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2651

So it all begins today. Very exciting as it’s been a long wait and I am not very patient!!! Hopefully Cunco will go well. Thought I’d also share this exciting blog from the Juddmonte site about Frankel’s son from Dar Re Mi. http://www.juddmonte.com/news/2016/130516FrankelDarReMi.aspx

Blimey, Frankel x Dar Re Mi is some breeding! In a couple of years he could be good, he could be great, he could be running novices’ hurdles at Plumpton.

Is he unnamed as yet?

Mike

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2114

If you have the time Triptych :whistle: maybe you could start this off in the “Systems” section and then buy us all a drink at the end of the season from the profits ;-)

Oh I see you have. Best of luck with this T :heart:

Dex
    Participant
    • Total Posts 89

1st born, 1st runner, 1st winner! He showed a good attitude there and knuckled down to see it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,973 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.