The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 208

6 go to post…..

Altior
    Brewinupastorm
    Castlegrace Paddy
    Greaneteen
    Politologue
    Rougue Vif

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

Your bet is on Jack! And I hope it heaves it down between now and Saturday :good:

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2941

Thanks GAG! It needs to for him to run i suspect, as he’ll probably be declared for Sunday as you pointed out as well.

3 places would be nice, and if it heaved down, Rouge Vif might not run!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 524

No Altior, what a disappointment. :negative:

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1706

He won’t make it to Cheltenham either, if you consider what happened last year and how fragile he seems to be at this age. Prior in the week, Nicky was telling us how good his last peace of work was and that he is somewhere near his very best and that there is no comparison to last year.

I understand that the ground is heavy, but at a track where he is 5 form 5, at least you’d expect them to get a run into him.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

It wasn’t Heavy on the chase course it was soft with good to soft patches which makes his absence announcement strange.

Update: Henderson said ground too tiring for the horse.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17310

Threw a few quid the way of Castlegrace Paddy at 16’s for interest.

Castlegrace Paddy 16’s

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 396

Ah, another season of Altior hokey-cokey. Terrific stuff :negative: .

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

I wasn’t going to play but all over rouge vic now , more than happy to take on politolgue and I think this horse is still improving , as regards to Altior Henderson is obv now going to be very very careful with him , it has a sprinter sacre feel to it , nursed back for 1 race , that race behind cyraname left its mark

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 153

I took a decision a few weeks ago that I was done with betting on National Hunt racing and it was things like today which vindicate it, a glorious Grade 1 chase reduced to a 5 runner affair with just a sole previous Grade 1 winner in it. It’s not just this either it seems most graded novice chases are reduced to a handful of runners and I find the whole thing rather dull. Everything is geared up around Cheltenham – the endless previous shows and podcasts, the antepost quotes after every single novice chase or hurdle etc… horses avoiding eachother all year round, social media hype jobs over every potentially decent novice winner. Something had to give as I have a fairly busy job and a young family and I cannot justify spending hours in the evenings all year round trying to find a bet, I still watch the National Hunt racing but very rarely live I’ll catch replays when I feel like it. Sorry if that offends anyone who loves National Hunt, I should love it as I live within 10 miles of 2 NH racecourses and I will probably show my face there again once COVID has died down and my kids are old enough to appreciate it but I can’t be doing with it at the moment.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

Understand tinman , I was looking forward to watching the race however with him now a non runner it makes a betting race for me , if you want to watch a top class competitive race watch the john Durkin tomorrow , race of the year so in my book

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Politologue is my pick.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 208

So I backed Altior ante post at 3/1 and Greanateen 15/2 ew.

All week I wondered whether team Seven Barrows would pull Altior but it was glowing report, after glowing report. “Nothing can go with him at home, should run in the Kings Stand, can go on any ground” etc etc.

Frustratingly it was on B365 so I was offered cash out all week. I was tempted as we know Hendo loves a bit of horsey roulette but to my knowledge they hadnt mentioned the ground being an issue all week. Even the bulletin yesterday morning was upbeat and all systems go.

I appreciate the Sandown meeting went ahead yesterday and the ground wasnt ideal but again I am sure there was no mention of Altior possibly being pulled until the evening.

This isnt me pocket talking as I dont bet high amounts but if there was an inkling team Altior were concerned about him going on the ground, I would have cashed out before last night but had he have run I would have been gutted to lose out on the 3/1, whether he won or lost.

I placed my bet some time ago but anyone who took a shorter price during the week based on said bulletins has even more reason to be pi55ed off.

I get he had a hard race against Cyrname and they wouldnt want to bottom him out but all hes done is filled the bookies pockets based on all the recent updates and positivity.

I somewhat sympathise why theyve withdrawn him but dont lead us a merry dance all week knowing the weather report and declaring him 48 hours before the race without even walking the course. Worst case I am sure Sandown would have catered for another racecourse gallop!

Very, very poor and as The Tin Man says, the game is hard enough to get a decent winner as it is but this certainly leaves a bitter taste.

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

I thought he said something along the lines of they should not have run him in his first race last year and wouldn’t want it heavy for the Tingle Creek or at least that’s sort of what I got from it.
    I saw the rain yesterday and thought b0llocks..

Member since March 2008
    Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 208

Possibly id have to check but its not heavy for TC.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.