The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 310
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17334

Not really my race this, certainly not usually a big betting race, but even with the option of Kempton, I think the 20’s is fair for Waiting Patiently.

Went very close last year, and it was seasonal debut that day too, so I’ll throw a few quid his way.

Waiting Patiently 20’s EW

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

I had the same thought VTC and the same bet. It usually ends up a small field in this anyhow so the 20s e/w will be big come the day of the race

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17334

Yeah, worth a go Ken, especially when you watch back last years.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Defi Du Seuil was too bad to be true last time out, so I’m tempted to go in at 10’s. He’s a better horse than what we’ve seen on his last two runs.

That said it looks a heck of a lineup in prospect.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

The comments from Nicky Henderson regarding Altior means the rest of the field may have a big job on their hands. On the stable tour he was saying “I’ve never seen him move better” and when asked about the current champ Politologue he totally shrugged that off with words like “the nearest he’s got to us is 7 lengths”. And in a gallop the other day he said “When you see him schooling, it’s frightening and you think you should be aiming at the King’s Stand not the Tingle Creek, he is so quick.”

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23341

I was watching Cheltenham festival footage earlier and they asked Henderson about Altior missing the Champion Chase, he said its only on loan for the year… :whistle:

Member since March 2008
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 526

Backed Altior at 7/2 a few weeks ago.

I’m still a believer. If he is near his level of last years he is comfortably the best in my opinion.

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23341

The workout Altior did with Epatante the other week looks a bit better now aswell

Member since March 2008
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

I’ll stick with First Flow EW at 25s. Fast improving 2nd season chaser, won nicely at Ascot despite an early blunder and has a run under his belt.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

I’;ve taken 25/1 on Castlegrace Paddy.

There’s no doubt he shouldn’t be good enough, but Coral are 3 places. 8 runners now, hopefully we get plenty of the rain forecast. Rouge Vif a doubt then, Altior and Politoloque on their reappearance. Brewin probably better on better going too.

Seems a reasonable bet to nothing. He loves soft/heavy and he likes small fields.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3628

You not think bog snorkelling in Cork more likely, with Cilaos Emery looking a bit vulnerable? Given it’s often up to their hocks in the Hilly Way which is just how he likes it.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

Ahhhh GAG sounds like i’ve jumped the gun here, didn’t even think…lol

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3628

Well you put more thought into it than my putting up of Esprit du Large in the antepost comp for this at 25s ew before his run in the Haldon Gold Cup…where he promptly fell on his face then followed it up by putting in a performance in graduation chase on heavy in Carlisle that definitely did not have Altior spitting out his oats in terror. He was 66s yesterday and has been smashed into…..50s.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

Politologue for me, but it’s verging on a no bet race now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.