The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The ‘Official’ feedback thread

Home Forums Horse Racing The ‘Official’ feedback thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    EvaxiaTeade
    • Total Posts 4

Hi everyone – now that I have a minute free from deleting spam and abusive messages, etc, I’d like to say a few words.

I know that the new site represents a big change and, as we’ve seen already, we have a few blips to sort out. The obvious stuff will be dealt with asap.

However, if we could use this thread to gather feedback on the features of the site/forum that you like/don’t like plus any technical problems people are having then that’d be great.

Things we’re working on already –

Sorting out the registration process to avoid spam, etc.
    I’m investigating wehther we can recover pm’s from the old forum
    We’re looking at getting the old threads displaying in correct chronological order

Anything else we need to be attending to?

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I think that about covers it, actually. It would be nice if old PMs could be recovered but maybe not essential.

Appreciate your hard work

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Spam in the thing that will ruin the best racing forum there is. Maybe you’ll have to go back to manual registration. I know its extra work but in my opinion it made the board what is was and hopefully always will be.

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 739

Hopefully the spam issue is now fixed. We are manually approving new users before they can post, back to what it was on the ‘old’ site. Also I have recovered my powers of deletion so anyone abusing won’t be around for long (I felt almost naked without it!!). I agree with you Cavelino. Tight control/moderation of the forum is key to it’s success.

On that theme I’ll be setting up moderation permissions for the existing moderators on the various sections later today so we’ll be back to normal on that front by the end of play tonight.

One or two asked about extra smilies. We will extend the range, hopefully adding some today.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Any chance of resticking the threads (like the Taj one) back at the top.
    Cheers.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

One or two asked about extra smilies. We will extend the range, hopefully adding some today.

Coolllllllll

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 739

lol – looks like you’ve already found an extended range Kingston!!

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

It’s my one weakness in life………….

… well maybe not the only one….

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5123

All seems hunky-dory now. Manual registration by post, though no doubt time-consuming, would seem a must.

Like the design of the new site, quicker to load, update and switch between sub-forums than the old site.

Making the ‘notify me when a reply is posted’ unticked as the default option would be appreciated to prevent yet more e-mail clutter.

Nice work Cormack and co.

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 739

GD – I’ll try to find the Tajree thread and get it back to top/sticky asap.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Well done to Corm and team, a fine job has been made of what must have been a very demanding and frustrating task.

Couple of queries/questions/gripes – like many others I’m hoping that all old PMs haven’t been lost, if they have then I’m a bit disappointed that we were not given prior warning that the forum was going offline so that messages could be backed up.

A feature to upload avatars would be nice and would also make the place look a little less impersonal.

Ted
    • Total Posts 150

It’s already there.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

So it is, well it wasn’t when I looked before!!! Or maybe I’m just being thick…

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I’m trying to put one up but even though it’s only 5kb and tiny tiny it keeps coming up as a red cross

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Goodness when it finally went through it was as big as KT himself!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.