The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The New Mr Angry

Home Forums Horse Racing The New Mr Angry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

With Julian Wilson heading for a care home after doing plenty in the Farepak hamper debacle (the real reason he’s giving up racehorse ownership – see page nine of today’s Racing Post) the Post will surely need someone to fill his boots. I nominate Betlarge who, rather than take the ‘toys out of pram’ route, managed to get his point across with humour and just a hint of sarcasm in the letters page today (page 18). Well done Mike.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2804

Ah yes Mounty, but they didn’t print the evidence…

Over the last at Warwick…

Mike

• Total Posts 2432

Just taking this away from the amusing discussion for a second, what did posters think of Mr Angry’s piece this morning.

Food for thought, though he conveniently ignores his substantial gambling winnings on horses such as Cleaver when he discusses costs.

Max

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

And the fact that he has had plenty of winners as an owner on the AWT (Molem springs to mind),yet slags it off still.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3708

<br>Molem in fact was the only horse he had an interest in during 2006, at least under the Seymour Racing tag that he’s been part of in recent years. And that was sold a month ago at Newmarket, so the ‘quitting ownership in 2007’ line isn’t going to involve a massive dispersal sale.

As for his claim that it cost £24,00 to keep that horse in training for a year – well anyone that pays that much to maintain a Class 6 handicap winner is either daft or has too much cash.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Can only think the Racing Post piece has been written to provoke it’s audience. It certianly worked on me, got me thinking as to what a complete dinosaur is. The pomposity of the man where he seems too think that owners have a divine right to have it off is laughable.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 5:29 pm on Nov. 28, 2006)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3708

<br>DJ,

Of course that would explain why he’s blind to the real world.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Lol, AP i’m tempted to put back the original now after editing my initial post.:biggrin:  

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

I stopped reading when he suggested that the destruction of civilsation is bing caused by families no longer sitting down to Sunday lunch together.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Gareth

I’m with JW on that. When my mum stopped giving me roast beef and yorkshire pudding, I always found the best solution was to vandalise a phone box whilst wearing a hoodie when tanked up on a cocktail of 20/20 and Diamond White.:biggrin:

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Mike,<br>You get a good view of the action @ Kempton AW track.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2804

Seagull

Maybe…but does Kempton AW offer the all-round hat-selling retail experience that Warwick does?

What if I fancied a mid-afternoon Panama?  Or a getting-out stakes Fedora?

I’m not surprised that nobody attends Kempton AW – if your head gets cold and you’ve forgotten your cap, well you’re ******.

I really wish people like you would understand the needs of the modern racegoer.

They do at Warwick:angry:

Mike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.